Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your username explained

Comments

• Options
    My user name came from then I lived in wiltshire with a friend and her 3 year old daughter used to call me uie coz she couldnt say stuie :)
  • Options
    My ex used to call me bunny - cos she said I was nice and fluffy unless I got angry...then she'd say 'has bunny got his claws out?'

It was incredibly annoying (which she knew obviously)...but she did look like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman...so what can you do.

She did once call me it at a Millwall match - much to everyone's amusement. I went down to get some drinks at halftime, only for her to shout down as I reached the exit 'Bunny, Bunny, I'll have so e chips too, please'.
  • Options

I live in BR7 and I am an Addick

Never....well you could have fooled me!

Easily done SoundAs.....
    ;-)
  • Options
    Half Danish, half Pakistani + obviously the name of a (Danish) bacon brand.
  • Options
    Because red pandas are awesome. Really should've gone dressed as one to Preston.
  • Options
    Back in the heady days of 74-75 seem to remember our cult hero going for a defensive header, missed it completely, ball caught his trailing heel, which propelled it about 50 yards or so downfield. Somehow sums up what I love about Charlton Athletic.
  • Options

Apologies for lengthy post.....

Many years back, I was a few drinks into a good session in the Chandos at Trafalgar Square. I was a smoker at the time and Marlboro were doing a promotion where they had foxy ladies going round the pub who took your packet of fags and replaced with a pack of Marlboro and a Marlboro Zippo. Naturally I accepted, (first emptying all but one of my pack into a coat pocket, of course), but they wanted my name for a mailing list or something. Small price to pay, I thought, so I said my surname to the highly attractive but slightly short on braincells lady. Now, many people misspell my surname, so I started to spell it - "O...R...M..." the girl repeats back "R...O...M..." I say "No, it's O, R, M" she says "R, O, M" so, now slightly irritated, I sarcastically said "Yeah, that's right, my name's Romford." She didn't bat an eyelid, just asked for my first name, so I said, (as 'Lord Melbury' did in Fawlty Towers), "Well I am Lord Romford, but people just call me Romford." and the no-brained-dollybird dutifully wrote down Lord as my first name.
    Name stuck, obviously. I'm generally referred to as 'Romf' by close friends.

Great story.
  • Options
    DFT = Dave From Thamesmead, a name I used on the phone in on that old radio show on a Sunday night on Radio Thamesmead, I can't remember what is was called.
    I never came from Thamesmead BTW, I'm from Greenwich
  • Options
    Simple.
    I'm old, miserable & agit.
  • Options

Simple.
    I'm old, miserable & agit.

You're not old or a git. Possibly miserable :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Definetly Miserable !

(Thank You though CE).
  • Options
    I should change mine as its out of date and it has not happened since
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Graham Tutt - Charlton keeper of the 70's. Tragically injured at Sunderland and forced to retire after damage to his sight. Was at Primary School with him (Turnham Road, Brockley).

My neice went to that school aswell.....Tutt was a good keeper and given more time would have been a great keeper.
  • Options

Definetly Miserable !

(Thank You though CE).

Well I make it different P, you're not old or miserable but you are a git............. LOL!
  • Options
    "The flying kiwi was a TV show I used to watch as a kid plus I am half New Zealander (hence "kiwi"). I now live in Copenhagen with my Danish wife (hence "DK" - the International numberplate code for Denmark).
  • Options
    won a game of poker once and used to have spiky hair - poker club gave me the nickname and it stuck.
  • Options
    Lived near to Benidorm for many years. Sounds better than grahamvillajoyosa. I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    Boring but I live in beautiful Doncaster
  • Options
    CL needed some decent posters so I thought I 'must help'.
  • Options
    Mine's my surename. Loads of people call me Sage.
    It's that simple. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    surname plus the 2 numbers i've worn for a football side. 1 & 10 - 110
    simple
  • Options
    Named after that luminary and one of the best players to play for Charlton.Richard Plumb.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I've thought quite a bit about whether to explain my user name because thanks to CL I feel that I have actually become Bill Stumps, rather than it being a pseudonym. But, I have to confess it is not my real name. It is the name of a character in Dickens, who is my favourite author. Actually Bill Stumps is not so much a character as an anecdote.... but that's another story.
  • Options
    @Blackheathen, Langton Way still very much there...

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    Bear with me on this...

The team I support is Charlton

My second team are Glasgow Rangers

There used to be a character on Soccer AM called Ali McMoist (It's a Wee Stain)

Put everything together and you come up with Valley McMoist
    Lol makes total sense now 😳🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    It’s all I could think of at the time
  • Options
    Don't think I've posted the reason before & yes I am/was addicted to golf.

Got divorced (first one...🤔)  in 1998 & having just got into golf AND having a lot more free time I started to combine playing golf & watching CAFC. So when I joined up on here it seemed a good username.

Sadly I havent played golf for around 5 years due to health reasons but hoping to get back playing again soon.....otherwise I might have to change my username to bowlsaddick....😄.

• Options
    Too drunk to explain......
  • Options
    Thanks Sporadic.  Really appreciate that!  Great memory AFKA.  Thanks for bringing this thread back, even if it has cost me half the morning to read it!  Nothing from Fanny Fanackpan or Tel yet.  Would be interested in those among others.
  • Options
    When i was on a lads holiday in Malia in 1996, we were staying just outside the resort and had to get this clapped out bus into the strip at night. It was known as the 'Bar Tram', and the driver was this crazy Greek guy called Afkandris, who kept saying 'call me Afka man'. So it become known as Afka's Bar Tram. Wonder if he still does it.
    This has blown my mind. I now see the world completely differently. Thanks for sharing, way back almost 11 years ago.