Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday People reports Sordell wants to quit

Who knows if true but not surprising if it is. No great loss if we can find another forward to get in on loan.

Comments

• Options
    Quit Charlton or football?
  • Options
    Lol! Charlton not football. Although he's not played much football at Charlton!
  • Options
    Can't blame the lad tbh. SCP obviously doesn't fancy him. I'm sure he has more to offer than what we've seen. Him out with Dyer in ?
  • Options
    he needs to look at himself first, the bloke is a bit of a luke varney
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think any player on loan would want to go, getting 6 minutes a week. The lad just wants to play football. If CP doesn't deem him good enough, fair enough.

I think he can get at least 10 goals a season at this level, with the right service. Shame it won't be us.
  • Options
    Send him back . He just looks lazy and uninterested . Bolton fans feel pretty much the same way.
  • Options
    Wasted opportunity on both sides.
  • Options
    its all in his head
  • Options

Especially when it comes to the initial fee we paid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

its all in his head

And CP's

• Options
    Scoham said:

Hasn't had much of a run here, but when he has played he's not looked like a player fighting for a place in the team.

I don't expect every striker to run around like Church but this is a team that really have to work hard together to create chances and score goals. No good having the ability if you don't get into the right positions.

Sordell has created a lot of chances for other players when hes been on id say
  • Options
    I think it was an error and a calculated risk, if we had more options sordell wouldn't even be in the squad I reckon
  • Options
    I'd like to see him start against Brighton.
  • Options

Send him back . He just looks lazy and uninterested . Bolton fans feel pretty much the same way.

Don't think we can send him back

• Options
    _nam11 said:

What fee did we pay then?

Been a complete waste of money in my opinion. Except for a purple patch at Watford he's been useless. People on here were creaming themselves when he signed but I pointed out then I'd seen him play for the Olympics team and he was crap then and my opinion hasn't been changed one iota. Good riddance I say, Dom Dwyer is ten times better anyway.
  • Options
    was so pleased when we got him,dont think his been given a fair crack and thought that cp could of got the best out of him,will do well with someone else no doubt
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I was pleased when we signed him because we were getting nobody else in - he was the nearest thing to a marquee signing we have had this year. Sad that he didn't work out, but I don't think it's because CP just doesn't make it as far as "S" when he is deciding who to put in the starting line-up, or that he is sulking because Sordell wasn't "one of his".
  • Options
    Don't you have to be actually doing something in order to quit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame if this is true, personally would rather see him than Church who runs around a lot but no end product.
    Give Sordell a chance!
  • Options
    But Sordell doesn't run around a lot and has no end product. From what I've seen anyway.
  • Options
    He can't quit. You have to start something before you can quit.
  • Options

_nam11 said:

What fee did we pay then?

Been a complete waste of money in my opinion. Except for a purple patch at Watford he's been useless. People on here were creaming themselves when he signed but I pointed out then I'd seen him play for the Olympics team and he was crap then and my opinion hasn't been changed one iota. Good riddance I say, Dom Dwyer is ten times better anyway.
    Ten times better. What's he like then this Dom in your opinion? What are his strengths? From the games you have seen him play do you think he can do a job?
  • Options
    Sordells loan has not worked out for whatever reason. It looks like CP and Friedman discussed the situation and it looks like CP has told Friedman that Sordell will not be a regular starter.

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2013/12/22/sordell-faces-possibility-of-bolton-recall.html

I was prepared to give Sordell a chance, but he looked off the pace in the beginning and not ready and since then there has been fleeting appearences. WIthout a run in the team, it is difficult to tell if that would have made any difference. We don't see him in training and I have no idea whether he has worked hard enough or has enough belief at the moment to warrant a starting place.

Charlton are in a relegation scrap and we surely need a better option up front, which complements KMG and Church. It is best for all that Sordell goes back to Bolton and from there onto somewhere else, maybe needs to drop down a division as did KMG with Charlton. It did well for KMG and he is a hero and key player for Charlton.
  • Options

Agreed. He needed to be given 10 games and he'd have scored a few IMO. Church has hardly been banging them in has he? I suppose, yes, it does come down to who will do more defensively in the end whilst we up against it and that player was Church.

• Options
    Pointless comparing Sordell and Church. It's Sordell vs A.N.Other that's the issue as regards ins and outs.

Sordell not a had a proper run, but just hasn't done enough to earn it. I would be ok if he stayed and gave it another crack, but I can't see it happening.
  • Options

Pointless comparing Sordell and Church. It's Sordell vs A.N.Other that's the issue as regards ins and outs.

Sordell not a had a proper run, but just hasn't done enough to earn it. I would be ok if he stayed and gave it another crack, but I can't see it happening.

Not 'pointless' at all as it was Powell's choice whether to play Church or Sordell and he chose the former. And this is arguably why he's being sent back/wants to go back.
  • Options

Not 'pointless' at all as it was Powell's choice whether to play Church or Sordell and he chose the former. And this is arguably why he's being sent back/wants to go back.
    Well actually, Powell chose Sordell at the start of the season and kept him in until his performances no longer merited his place, at which point Church came in, scored a couple and worked hard in the games where he didn't. Now we're at the stage where neither are scoring much it seems Powell is plumping for effort over shrugging, which is understandable.
  • Options
    Possibly harsh but he's the epitome of the modern day footballer.
    Multi millionaire on the back of two reasonable seasons at Watford.
    Still only 22 and doesn't have to work another day in his life.
    All equals a serious lack of drive.