Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday People reports Sordell wants to quit

Comments

• Options
    Whether its Sordell's fault or not, he can't really be happy with playing at maximum 5-10 minutes a game.

Maybe he trains really poorly, but thought he'd be given more of a chance in recent weeks with us struggling for goals.
  • Options
    Why 'give someone a chance' when they clearly aren't up to the task.

I'm not usually one for slagging off our own players, but he has looked absolutely useless to me.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Why 'give someone a chance' when they clearly aren't up to the task.

I'm not usually one for slagging off our own players, but he has looked absolutely useless to me.

There were a few games where he looked pretty decent. The Reading away game in particular.

Don't really think you can judge the guy on a few games at the start of the year when he's getting used to his new surroundings.
  • Options
    I think it was pretty obvious Powell wanted Obika who did take his chances last season when "he only got 5-10 minutes".

For whatever reasons we missed out on Jon and got Marvin and it's been disappointing. Shame.
  • Options
    He needs proper man management, which I've always thought is one of Powell's biggest strengths. He needs a run of games and he'll score and create goals. I just don't think he'll get that here.
  • Options

_nam11 said:

Wasted opportunity on both sides.

Especially when it comes to the initial fee we paid.
    What fee did we pay then?

Been a complete waste of money in my opinion. Except for a purple patch at Watford he's been useless. People on here were creaming themselves when he signed but I pointed out then I'd seen him play for the Olympics team and he was crap then and my opinion hasn't been changed one iota. Good riddance I say, Dom Dwyer is ten times better anyway.
    If that is the case then I wish you'd taken CP with you!!
  • Options
    Kevin Phillips wants once last club before he retires, would rather get him in for the remainder of the season send Marvin Sod all packing
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Valley11 said:

Possibly harsh but he's the epitome of the modern day footballer.
    Multi millionaire on the back of two reasonable seasons at Watford.
    Still only 22 and doesn't have to work another day in his life.
    All equals a serious lack of drive.

Oh really?

@MarvinSordell
    Anybody that knows of any soup kitchens that could do with an extra pair of hands over the christmas period give me a shout please.✌️

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/9990067/Bolton-striker-Marvin-Sordell-raises-awareness-of-human-trafficking-and-helps-those-affected-rebuild-their-lives.html

With the extra games over Christmas I really hope he gets more game time and proves all the doubters wrong.
    Well, that took me aback, RedPanda. Great spot, just shows you can't tell what they are like just by what you see on the pitch.

But in a way it just makes me agree more with NLA, it's all in his head. There clearly is talent there, but it has defeated both CP and Freedman. Makes me think of the interview with JonJo where he reveals his brother George is more talented, according to JonJo, but just couldn't be arsed.

• Options
    Sordell hasn't really done it anywhere since he left Watford. I suspect he had a lucky run in the beginning but is actually just not that good and will have the same downhill career as Francis Jeffers, Michael Ricketts etc. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could of kept fuller instead, although I don't know the cost difference
  • Options
    I can only comment on what I've seen & to my mind he is not very good & doesn't look like he cares less. Why would any team want a player like that.

Goodbye & good riddance..
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Probably about £7k a week

• Options
    WSS said:

dizzee said:

Probably about £7k a week
    Apologies to Henry if I am misquoting him, but I thought he said no cost.
  • Options
    He's not happy because he's not playing.
    Gower seems quite happy not playing.
  • Options

He's not happy because he's not playing.
    Gower seems quite happy not playing.

How would you know that?

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Valley11 said:

Possibly harsh but he's the epitome of the modern day footballer.
    Multi millionaire on the back of two reasonable seasons at Watford.
    Still only 22 and doesn't have to work another day in his life.
    All equals a serious lack of drive.

Oh really?

@MarvinSordell
    Anybody that knows of any soup kitchens that could do with an extra pair of hands over the christmas period give me a shout please.✌️

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/9990067/Bolton-striker-Marvin-Sordell-raises-awareness-of-human-trafficking-and-helps-those-affected-rebuild-their-lives.html

With the extra games over Christmas I really hope he gets more game time and proves all the doubters wrong.
    Fair enough. I wasn't aware of that. My point remains though. I'd find it hard to be motivated if I was loaded and not getting picked for a team I was on loan to.
  • Options
    I had high hopes when we signed him but it looks like SCP isn't that keen from what he has seen in training. He has all the attributes to be decent though. Would suggest giving him a run of games before Jan as we need a striker to start scoring or we will end up in league 1. At least he will be fresh!!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    What exactly are these 'attributes' then?

I can't think of a single defining one that he has shown with us.

Pace? No.
    Finishing? No.
    Effort? No
    Strength? No

At least Haynes and Fuller had obvious individual traits that you could be implemented into the gameplay (Haynes' pace, Fuller's trickery).

I don't really know what Sordell is about, and I don't think SCP does either.
  • Options
    Was really chuffed we got him.

I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt after his poor debut at Bournemouth. Seen nothing since then that would push him up the pecking order.

Shouldn't be surprised, as if he was any good, Bolton wouldn't have let him move on. Can't believe how much they paid for him - makes Izale look a bargain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Pace? No.
    Finishing? No.
    Effort? No
    Strength? No

At least Haynes and Fuller had obvious individual traits that you could be implemented into the gameplay (Haynes' pace, Fuller's trickery).

Actually against Reading he exhibited all the above but inexplicably has hardly set foot on pitch since. Church is pony, end of. I used to display similar workrate on pitch but would never describe myself as a footballer.
  • Options
    He has shown attributes previously but as I stated obviously not in training. He got in the GB team and a transfer to Bolton based on something. He is still young and will come good but possible not with us
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Was really chuffed we got him.

I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt after his poor debut at Bournemouth. Seen nothing since then that would push him up the pecking order.

Shouldn't be surprised, as if he was any good, Bolton wouldn't have let him move on. Can't believe how much they paid for him - makes Izale look a bargain.

I'd have to disagree with that statement. ;-)
  • Options
    Time for Sordell to move on and find a club where he will get regular first team games. Bolton have a recall clause, do Charlton have a return clause ? I hope all the parties involved do the right thing and sort it out, so Sordell has a chance to find a club and get his career back on track.
  • Options
    Sordell will come good
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Sordell will come good

Sounds ideally suited for a move to Sheffield United then.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options

cafctom said:

Pace? No.
    Finishing? No.
    Effort? No
    Strength? No

Actually against Reading he exhibited all the above but inexplicably has hardly set foot on pitch since. Church is pony, end of. I used to display similar workrate on pitch but would never describe myself as a footballer.
    But you made the Wales squad though?
  • Options
    it's obvious to me that Sordell never settled here, perhaps he was here under duress and had nowhere else to go .. when he goes, he won't be missed so far as I'm concerned .. farewell and good luck .. except when playing against us