Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    Scary stuff!
  • Options
    'Maniac' ...bit soon to make such a knee-jerk comment ...wait and see
  • Options

Got our number has old Gabriel.

His opinions are rational as well.

Rational!! Are you joking?! With statements like these:

- "Unpredictable, ego-driven, nonsensical, yet rich and powerful."

- "Yet this potential progress comes at a cost. Roland Duchatelet now owns 100% of Charlton Athletic, meaning the club is selling its' history, heart and soul to the hands of one maniac who only cares about money."

- "Duchatelet belongs to a rather regular breed of impatient, money-orientated owners. He had sold Standard Liege's best players," Where's the acknowledgement that by getting rid of these players Standard Liege is now four points clear with a goal difference of +32 having beaten FC Courtrai (sixth) 5-1 away - no consideration of the possibility that those "best players" were holding back the team?

- In relation to Ajdarevic, "Unless this was a massive coincidence, you wouldn't have thought that would be a decision made by Chris Powell." No acknowledgement of the fact that SCP was offered a right back from Standard Liege and when SCP said no, he went to a Turkish team? No mention of the fact that SCP knew Ajdarevic from his Leicester days?

Totally biased I tell you!!! Rational? cough, cough!
  • Options

- "Yet this potential progress comes at a cost. Roland Duchatelet now owns 100% of Charlton Athletic, meaning the club is selling its' history, heart and soul to the hands of one maniac who only cares about money."

- "Duchatelet belongs to a rather regular breed of impatient, money-orientated owners. He had sold Standard Liege's best players," Where's the acknowledgement that by getting rid of these players Standard Liege is now four points clear with a goal difference of +32 having beaten FC Courtrai (sixth) 5-1 away - no consideration of the possibility that those "best players" were holding back the team?

- In relation to Ajdarevic, "Unless this was a massive coincidence, you wouldn't have thought that would be a decision made by Chris Powell." No acknowledgement of the fact that SCP was offered a right back from Standard Liege and when SCP said no, he went to a Turkish team? No mention of the fact that SCP knew Ajdarevic from his Leicester days?

Think you need some Night Nurse for that cough, SA !

• Options
    I agree - the use of words seem well over the top to me. My biggest fear is that he will sack the manager, but he hasn’t done that yet and for me that is my barometer for when I will start to be concerned. We really have to let the dust settle and see what happens rather than jump to negative conclusions. They serve no purpose at all.
  • Options
    think you need to read it again Off It. He's saying that the teams at top of League One this season are averaging more points per game than those teams promoted from League 1 last season did.
  • Options
    CAFC Player ‏@CAFCPlayer 2h
    Interview in the bag with the gaffer, talking takeover, transfers and more. Look out for it this afternoon... #cafc pic.twitter.com/9hNx3a7VIQ

• Options

Its the views of an outsider looking in. I also understand the need to stay positive after turbulent times under the last regime.

But lets be honest, à lot of the reports on this bloke are not fantastic. Especially the reports from his home country from people who have no reason to be biased. I understand his name is dirt with Standard Liege fans despite being top of the league.

I agree with the fact that he starts with a clean slate with us but there is nothing wrong with people expressing their concerns about the new owners until proven otherwise. Its only through concern of the club and not just to be negative for the sake of it.

• Options

think you need to read it again Off It. He's saying that the teams at top of League One this season are averaging more points per game than those teams promoted from League 1 last season did.

No, I don't need to read it again thanks. It's a load of conjecture and bollocks.

The only reason we're not in the relegation zone is that there are other teams worse than us? Laughable. You could say the same about why we're not in the play off places - because there are teams better than us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An article that lulls us into a false sense of security and so in the final paragraphs almost manages to sneak a combination of the obvious (everything is decided by businessmen and who has most cash, and businessmen care about money) and the hysterical (RD is a maniac, we are selling history heart and soul). We have been owned for several years by businessmen who bought Charlton (I'm not sure if heart and soul were among the intangible assets bought at that time) and who did so to make money, no other reason. As far as I know there are no businessmen whop buy clubs for any other reason. Not ever. (Almost. Just to avoid the inevitable deluge of contrary examples from 1953 etc).

Cut the last two paragraphs and it's a pretty good article.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

No, I don't need to read it again thanks. It's a load of conjecture and bollocks.

The only reason we're not in the relegation zone is that there are other teams worse than us? Laughable. You could say the same about why we're not in the play off places - because there are teams better than us!
    It is a load of carp really. What points a team is achieving in a lower league relative to others means absolutely nothing. The lower league could be weaker, but even if it isn't - the finishing positions of promoted sides often do not correlate with teh previous season for a whole numebr of reasons.
  • Options

Off_it said:

It is a load of carp really.
    Very fishy
  • Options
    Unlike in many of my posts, that particular mispelling was intentional - not typing faster than my brain can handle!
  • Options
    Yes, some things about Ducachelet sound worrying.

But we don't know if that will be his attitude to Charlton.

Let's wait and see. He's only had 4 days...
  • Options
    This is a load of Carp:

• Options
    just listened to Powell's thoughts about the takeover on cafc player. I know he's gonna need to talk a good game to stay in favour, but think he genuinely seems pleased by what's going on and happy with the direction/'vision' RD has for the club. Also talks about knowing the swedish lad who's just come in, so that should make a few people on here happier that he had some input in the deal. If he's happy, I'm happy....for now.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

An article that lulls us into a false sense of security and so in the final paragraphs almost manages to sneak a combination of the obvious (everything is decided by businessmen and who has most cash, and businessmen care about money) and the hysterical (RD is a maniac, we are selling history heart and soul). We have been owned for several years by businessmen who bought Charlton (I'm not sure if heart and soul were among the intangible assets bought at that time) and who did so to make money, no other reason. As far as I know there are no businessmen whop buy clubs for any other reason. Not ever. (Almost. Just to avoid the inevitable deluge of contrary examples from 1953 etc).

LOL! The last set of businessmen who have been stated as Charlton fans fecked us up terribly, sending us into a tail-spin from the Premiership to L1 by gleefully appointing Dowie as an one-up gloat over Crystal Palarse... I would rather have a businessman who sees things in black and white - no emotions about it at all! Leave the emotions to us fans and get the club back into profit and the Premiership! ;-)

• Options
    Good interview with Powell on cafc player. Says towards the end that Roland is looking to deal with contract issues, improving the squad which is good to hear. Sounds like he has a vision which Chris seems happy and confident about. Lets see what the next few weeks hold regarding the squad, exciting times ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014

LOL! The last set of businessmen who have been stated as Charlton fans fecked us up terribly, sending us into a tail-spin from the Premiership to L1 by gleefully appointing Dowie as an one-up gloat over Crystal Palarse... I would rather have a businessman who sees things in black and white - no emotions about it at all! Leave the emotions to us fans and get the club back into profit and the Premiership! ;-)

I'd agree with this to a point, but taking the view that you're a custodian of more than a business is to me the crux. If 2Sheds sees us as a money making vehicle and nothing more then we might have a rocky ride ahead of us. Hopefully he has had enough involvement with football to recognise the correlation between a long term vision, shared with all stakeholders including the fans, and monetary success - Premiership Charlton have made a profit in the dim and distant after all, without alienating the fans or local suppliers.
  • Options
    Starts with a thank you to slater and jimenez. Then calls them 'first class'.

I don't know what to believe any more.
  • Options
    Shows how things are distorted by hearsay and things like that... Personally I heard that these guys were left stranded when Kevin Cash threw his toys outta his pram and refused to hand over any further cash. They did well relatively - imagine if Stevens was sold - we would be in deeper sh!t today... Luckily their apparent greed turned out to be a blessing in disguise!
  • Options
    I can't believe that SCP new about the takeover last week and did not post it on CL.....or did he?
  • Options
    Lets hope Le Charlton Dude is just that. Can only be progress and am really pleased that the negative uncertainty has been replaced with some, hopefully, positive uncertainty and optimism.
  • Options
    He seems happy enough - let's hope it all works out...
  • Options
    Get the feeling the first couple of minutes are CP being magnanimous and professional. He's hardly likely to slag them off is he? But I s'pose you never know.

• Options
    It's a very positive interview
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Get the feeling the first couple of minutes are CP being magnanimous and professional. He's hardly likely to slag them off is he? But I s'pose you never know.

Thats what i was thinking.

So that means he could be being professional about the new owners.