Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walcott (out injured for 6 months)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014

He should get a 3 match for a stunt like that which endangered the stretcher bearers

Sod that he just gave back a little compared to what he got and with a lovely sense of humour. The world will have gone mad if the jobs worths banned him for that!
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

The 'Walcott can't finish' line is a tired and inaccurate cliche IMO. He strikes the ball vet sweetly, and knows when to clip it or smash it. Being inconsistent when he was 19 should be forgiven by now.

Did you watch today? Had at least 3 clear-cut chances and missed them all.
    Which one was "clear cut"? He had 3 chances but they were.all fairly difficult. Easiest was the one he put just past the post with lloris out of position, but it was still a good contact and inches wide. Another was deflected.over otherwise it was top corner. Cant think of the third (meaning i probably have omitted the one blatant miss u r referring too ;)

I agree..its a cliche to say theo cant finish anymore through the.middle. he can chip it, go round the keeper...he has come on leaps and bounds
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

He should get a 3 match for a stunt like that which endangered the stretcher bearers

Sod that he just gave back a little compared to what he got and with a lovely sense of humour. The world will have gone mad if the jobs worths banned him for that!
    Definitely. Pretty tame and funny reaction to a load of abuse to be honest.
  • Options
    How are the stretcher bearers?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    This is obviously fake!! I can see at least one pound coin in there! There's no way Spurs fans would give up a quid that easily!!
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

The 'Walcott can't finish' line is a tired and inaccurate cliche IMO. He strikes the ball vet sweetly, and knows when to clip it or smash it. Being inconsistent when he was 19 should be forgiven by now.

Did you watch today? Had at least 3 clear-cut chances and missed them all.
    Which one was "clear cut"? He had 3 chances but they were.all fairly difficult. Easiest was the one he put just past the post with lloris out of position, but it was still a good contact and inches wide. Another was deflected.over otherwise it was top corner. Cant think of the third (meaning i probably have omitted the one blatant miss u r referring too ;)

I agree..its a cliche to say theo cant finish anymore through the.middle. he can chip it, go round the keeper...he has come on leaps and bounds
    The one where he was clean through and could've just passed it across was clear cut, but he stuck it straight at the keeper. The shot just outside the post was unlucky.
  • Options
    Thanks...i think i recall now

told ya id "conveniently" omit the most blatant one ;)

He is a much improved finisher though overall. Id rather have him up top come 2014 WC than welbeck or sturridge... now we have andy townsend to terrorise the right wing
  • Options

Thanks...i think i recall now

told ya id "conveniently" omit the most blatant one ;)

He is a much improved finisher though overall. Id rather have him up top come 2014 WC than welbeck or sturridge... now we have andy townsend to terrorise the right wing

Yeah definitely, but don't really think he can lead a line like Arsenal on his own. Can't see him as a 25+ goal a season man.

Think he'd work well with Rooney in a 4-4-2.
  • Options
    a 5p is a poor choice of coin.
  • Options

He didn't throw the coins. Idiots made the decision to do so; regardless of their anger, they chose to throw things that could endanger innocent people.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bang on. Rooney dropping deep and feeding realistic balls through to TW. Got to be better than banging it long to andy carroll

i agree in relation to arsenal...for me an ideal player to lead their line would be berbatov because u gotta be a tru baller to maximise the wavelengths and balls coming through from their tiki taka midfield. Giroud is good but not better than kermorgant!!
  • Options
    No way should Walcott be banned or even fined. He's just having a bit of banter with the fans. It's pathetic that fans can shout abuse and call him whatever they like, but when he simply tells them the score he's the one in trouble. Hope the fa do nothing.
  • Options
    I was at the game yesterday sitting just above where the spurs fans were, as soon as Theo went down injured coins were being thrown at him, the gesture, seemed to me to be a reaction to that,
  • Options
    Yep, looked like gesture was response to coins being thrown at him.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't ban him either - and I thought he was reacting too - so good luck to him I say. If they had clapped him, as we would have done, I expect he would have clapped them back. If any action is taken, it should be against the Spurs fans who threw the coins and who will have been filmed.
  • Options
    I thought the funniest thing on display was this...

Cant defend the coin throwing but I'd bet my bottom dollar on that not happening until after he held his fingers up. Lets not forget the context of the 2-3 minutes beforehand, he went down like a sack of sh*t under a challenge rolling around as if he'd been shot and they were all baying for the ball to be kicked out while Spurs kept possession but as soon as Ars*nal nicked the ball, he was cured by the power of god and instantly jumped to his feet and made a run on the far side. Got caught offside and in the very next move, went down in front of the Spurs fans. So obviously he's going to get some stick after he was blatanty taking the mickey 30 seconds beforehand.

For all of you saying its just banter...lets put this on the other foot. You're at the Den or Shithurst and a Millwall or Palace player does the same thing, right in front of you. Of course, just banter eh? You'd all be up in arms.

As for the game itself, Ars*nal were deserved winners. With 6 games in 17 games with our current injury list, it wasnt a surprise tbh.
  • Options
    I hope he gets banned. Players have to act responsibly. If that happened at a Charlton Palace/Millwall game I expect most of you wouldn't see the funny side of it.
  • Options
    Haha poor old spurs
  • Options
    My default setting is normally that players shouldn't be deliberately winding the crowd up as it's not them that has to deal with the fall out, it's the minimum wage stewards or in this case St John's Ambulance volunteers.

But in this case he was hardly giving them the Nescafe gesture and it was a response to getting coined whilst he was lying on the pitch getting treatment. It's Spurs who need to get any (albeit pointless) fine not Walcott or Arsenal. Maybe they could make a donation to St John's as a start?
  • Options
    I'm all for giving it and getting it back and then giving it some more to players but there's no need for fans to overstep the mark
    And I wouldn't care if it happened to us but we have more than our fare share of cry babies just look at the teardrops when Halford give our fans the money sign
    But as long as we just whinge and don't throw crap that can injure someone I'm all for it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Cant defend the coin throwing but I'd bet my bottom dollar on that not happening until after he held his fingers up. Lets not forget the context of the 2-3 minutes beforehand, he went down like a sack of sh*t under a challenge rolling around as if he'd been shot and they were all baying for the ball to be kicked out while Spurs kept possession but as soon as Ars*nal nicked the ball, he was cured by the power of god and instantly jumped to his feet and made a run on the far side. Got caught offside and in the very next move, went down in front of the Spurs fans. So obviously he's going to get some stick after he was blatanty taking the mickey 30 seconds beforehand.

For all of you saying its just banter...lets put this on the other foot. You're at the Den or Shithurst and a Millwall or Palace player does the same thing, right in front of you. Of course, just banter eh? You'd all be up in arms.

As for the game itself, Ars*nal were deserved winners. With 6 games in 17 games with our current injury list, it wasnt a surprise tbh.

But then u go on to do exactly that, defend the coin throwing.

also, tbf if its.the chiriches.challenge.u refer to, that was a shocker! Accidential but.real clumsy and chiriches himself apologised

ive head it all as well...most bloated squad ever and u r complaining about injuries
  • Options
    Spanish said:

I hope he gets banned. Players have to act responsibly. If that happened at a Charlton Palace/Millwall game I expect most of you wouldn't see the funny side of it.

I agree. Imagine the uproar on here if it happened to is. I don't mind him giving the two nil gesture if he was walking passed them on his jack but he put those four fellas in danger by doing it. Selfish mug.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2014
    I thought it was great. Even a couple of the guys carrying the stretcher were laughing.

Some football fans are so precious. If it happened to us I'd give dogs abuse to the player - I wouldn't throw anything though and if Charlton fans did throw coins that would piss me off more than an opposition player giving a bit back.
  • Options
    Me too. Always thought one of the better ways to respond to dogs abuse is to politely ask....

"yeah but whats the score.mate?"

its only provocative it the recipient is a mugg who cant take it.

• Options
    My thoughts too WSS. Plus, there is nothing a footballer could do on the pitch that would inspire my wrath to the point I'd ever throw my hard-earned about. I haven't got enough to waste :-(
  • Options
    He's not exactly flipping the bird at them is he? The fans are the ones who should be looking at themselves, not Walcott.
  • Options
    The fans reaction, to rush forward shouting "Aaarggggh!" And throwing coins, faces contorted in lunacy and outrage... Is utterly pathetic. "HOW DARE HE REFER TO THE SCORE WHEN WE ARE CALLING HIM EVERY ABUSIVE NAME THAT EXISTS!"

That outrage makes no sense to me. But it is pure football. It's at every level, from a player who knows he touched it last berating the ref, to a bung-taking manager who questions a ref's integrity for getting a penalty decision wrong. It's one big hive of scum and villainy!
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

But then u go on to do exactly that, defend the coin throwing.

also, tbf if its.the chiriches.challenge.u refer to, that was a shocker! Accidential but.real clumsy and chiriches himself apologised

ive head it all as well...most bloated squad ever and u r complaining about injuries
    Where have I defended the coin throwing? Absolutely no need for it and if the FA dont take action, I hope Spurs do. Absolutely disgusting.
    All I was implying was Walcott was getting some much deserved stick after feigning injury. After all, the stick Walcott got yesterday was nothing compared to what Adebayor received yesterday, with numerous renditions of "it should have been you" referring to the shootings on the coach...

But the point still stands, you lot would have been up in arms had that been a Millwall or Palace player doing it in front of your supporters. You know it as well.

• Options
    I didnt hear that about ade but if true that is rank
  • Options
    Any proof? Thought not, no word from any media outlets about abuse towards Adebayor.