Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walcott (out injured for 6 months)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Out for 6 months, misses the World Cup.
  • Options

Out for 6 months, misses the World Cup.

Real shame for England.

• Options
    Feel sorry for him and for England, his pace in those conditions would be a major plus for England.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I thought the funniest thing on display was this...

Cant defend the coin throwing but I'd bet my bottom dollar on that not happening until after he held his fingers up. Lets not forget the context of the 2-3 minutes beforehand, he went down like a sack of sh*t under a challenge rolling around as if he'd been shot and they were all baying for the ball to be kicked out while Spurs kept possession but as soon as Ars*nal nicked the ball, he was cured by the power of god and instantly jumped to his feet and made a run on the far side. Got caught offside and in the very next move, went down in front of the Spurs fans. So obviously he's going to get some stick after he was blatanty taking the mickey 30 seconds beforehand.

For all of you saying its just banter...lets put this on the other foot. You're at the Den or Shithurst and a Millwall or Palace player does the same thing, right in front of you. Of course, just banter eh? You'd all be up in arms.

As for the game itself, Ars*nal were deserved winners. With 6 games in 17 games with our current injury list, it wasnt a surprise tbh.

Along with Sherwood's tactical ineptitude of playing 4 in midfield against a much better midfield unit.
  • Options
    Gutted for Theo.
  • Options
    very sad news, bad news for Arsenal too.

And another injured member of my Table topping fantasy football team
  • Options

very sad news, bad news for Arsenal too.

And another injured member of my Table topping fantasy football team

Looks like you might have to use your Wildcard ;-)

• Options
    Thats our pace gone in The World Cup then
  • Options

Along with Sherwood's tactical ineptitude of playing 4 in midfield against a much better midfield unit.

Tactical ineptitude? Sandro, Paulinho and Hotlby injured, Capoue carrying a knock from the Utd game and was making the numbers up on the bench. With only two fit centre mids in Dembele and Benteleb, not sure what else he could have possibly done other than 4-4-2. He couldnt even go 3 at the back as we dont have 3 fit CBs at the moment. If he had 3 centre mids available, I'm fairly sure he would have matched it up 3-3 in the middle.
  • Options

Reliant on pace, you wonder whether he will play at another World Cup, given that he will be 29 at the World Cup after this one. Could be destined to be a one World Cup player like Gazza. Although Gazza made more of an impact in 1990 than Walcott did in 2006.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I thought the funniest thing on display was this...

Cant defend the coin throwing but I'd bet my bottom dollar on that not happening until after he held his fingers up. Lets not forget the context of the 2-3 minutes beforehand, he went down like a sack of sh*t under a challenge rolling around as if he'd been shot and they were all baying for the ball to be kicked out while Spurs kept possession but as soon as Ars*nal nicked the ball, he was cured by the power of god and instantly jumped to his feet and made a run on the far side. Got caught offside and in the very next move, went down in front of the Spurs fans. So obviously he's going to get some stick after he was blatanty taking the mickey 30 seconds beforehand.

For all of you saying its just banter...lets put this on the other foot. You're at the Den or Shithurst and a Millwall or Palace player does the same thing, right in front of you. Of course, just banter eh? You'd all be up in arms.

As for the game itself, Ars*nal were deserved winners. With 6 games in 17 games with our current injury list, it wasnt a surprise tbh.

Rather a nasty injury and he may of done a little more damage getting off the ground the first time.
  • Options
    just as he was at last showing some maturity and know how as well as just pace and promise .. what a pity that he is so prone to getting injured
  • Options
    The thing I will miss most is his smile.
  • Options
    A good thing for England.
    This means a seat on the plane to Brazil will not be taken by a player who constantly flatters to deceive.
  • Options
    6 goals and 5 assists in 18 appearences doesn't sound too bad to me.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

better than rooneys last 18 I reckon

• Options
    Sad for lad

still given he always plays his best when returning from injury...maybe he.will end up going anyway. His management have come out and stated he could be fit for the WC
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

That's not for England though, is it? I think Walcott's only scored 5 in about 40 games for England. And 3 of those were in the same game! Don't think he'll be as big a loss as people make out personally.
  • Options
    As opposed to our other prolific goal scoring wingers.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

As opposed to our other prolific goal scoring wingers.

He's played a load of those games up front. And I'd rather Townsend on the wing, thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really? I don't remember that at all.
  • Options
    The hat trick v croatia he was playimg wing

although id like to see a team of theo uptop, rooney in da hole and andy townsend wide right
  • Options
    Andy townsend will be trying to commontate
  • Options
    Ha ha...thats what we stated calling him after spacemonkeygate because the real.andy townsend is a pwopa SM
  • Options
    Police have released images of three men they want to speak to after coins were thrown at Arsenal and England star Theo Walcott during a north London derby FA Cup match against Tottenham.

Coins and other missiles were pelted at Walcott as he was being taken off on a stretcher during the game at Emirates Stadium on 4 January.

A steward and the player suffered minor injuries, police said.

Police believe the objects were thrown from the Spurs section of the stadium.

Theo Walcott signalled the 2-0 score to fans as he was taken off the pitch
    The Metropolitan Police said the images released were the clearest pictures available of the suspects.

Walcott signalled the Gunners' 2-0 lead to Spurs' supporters as he was taken off the pitch after suffering a knee injury. Arsenal went on to win the match 2-0 but Walcott's injury is expected to rule him out for the rest of the season and this summer's World Cup.

In January, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said Walcott should not face punishment from the Football Association (FA) for gesturing at Tottenham fans in the FA Cup third-round tie.

"The doctor said to me coins had been raining on his head and they had to protect him and that is maybe why he did that," said Wenger at the time.

The FA decided not to take further action against Walcott but instead said the player had been "reminded of his responsibilities".