Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Sacked

Comments

• Options
    Tempted to flag that, but then again PardTWAT wouldn't be bothered and @guinnessaddick might well be ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If he tried swapping my vegetarian cheese pie for his steak and kidney just cos he liked the look of it I'd chop his feckin' hands off. Narcissistic knob.
  • Options
    I hate Pardew.

It was clear that he wasn't wanted at Charlton in his last few games from the thousands of supporters chanting "Shit! Shit! Shit!" at his team but would he resign? Not after he got his 1m pay-off from the club.

It made me sick that he wouldn't resign when he'd clearly given up on actually managing the club, putting out crap side after crap side. It was as if he was purposefully putting out a team to lose, begging to be sacked. Deja vu at Newcastle it seems.

The guy is an absolute cretin.

• Options

Can we change the title of this please? Keep expecting him to be sacked.

This
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

This
    Expecting or hoping?

• Options

Rizzo said:

This
    Expecting or hoping?

Hoping
  • Options
    The thing with Pardew is that as far as I can tell he actually genuinely truly deep-down believes he is a misunderstood genius beset by fools blind to his magnificence. The thought that the trouble at Newcastle might just be his fault (at least in part) would never ever occur to him. He won't quit, because he is OWED that payoff, for all his mighty achievements until cruel fate belayed him and he was faced with impossible odds no manager could ever overcome.

Also, he's a twat.
  • Options
    If the contract has a pay off then he is owed it if he is sacked. That is how it works. I don't like Pardew any more than the rest of you, but a contract has legal obligations on both sides. When Scott Parker wanted to leave for Chelsea we demanded that Chelsea pay is £10m because he was contractually obligated to stay unless we agreed to sell him. When we wanted Pardew to leave, of course we wanted him to resign and take no money, but Parker, probably, wanted a free so that he could leave for Chelsea.

That is how contacts work. We agreed his contract with him, we had to honour it. If wed wanted him to go earlier we should have recognised that he was never going to forgo the £1m and we should have sacked him sooner!

I have nothing nice to say about the man, but it is a bit rich to expect him to give up the money when the club clearly don't do the same for players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He'll only get a years payout at Newcastle anyway.
  • Options

He'll only get a years payout at Newcastle anyway.

Only...
  • Options
    To be fair to Pardew, that meal swapping story might just be him being smart, as he must know a man as likeable as he is, will get served up a lot of "extra's" by the kitchen staff. ;-)
  • Options

If the contract has a pay off then he is owed it if he is sacked. That is how it works. I don't like Pardew any more than the rest of you, but a contract has legal obligations on both sides. When Scott Parker wanted to leave for Chelsea we demanded that Chelsea pay is £10m because he was contractually obligated to stay unless we agreed to sell him. When we wanted Pardew to leave, of course we wanted him to resign and take no money, but Parker, probably, wanted a free so that he could leave for Chelsea.

That is how contacts work. We agreed his contract with him, we had to honour it. If wed wanted him to go earlier we should have recognised that he was never going to forgo the £1m and we should have sacked him sooner!

I have nothing nice to say about the man, but it is a bit rich to expect him to give up the money when the club clearly don't do the same for players.

Of course you are 100% correct about contracts etc but at that time Charlton were skint because of the money he'd wasted on poor players. His position was untenable really and he should have walked or at least left by mutual consent. The fact that he waited it out showed what sort of character he was.
  • Options
    We should have sacked him as soon as we couldn't make the playoffs after our first season back down. It would have given a new manager time to assess the existing squad and get a head start on player recruitment that summer.
  • Options
    Joint bottom with Burnley with only 3 points from their first 6 games.
  • Options
    Watched the second half, Newcastle are clueless they need to sack that cock now.
  • Options
    adios pards
  • Options
    They won't
  • Options
    I'm sure Mike Ashley just said that he's gone when they showed him getting up at the end of the game. Anyone else see it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beckboy said:

I'm sure Mike Ashley just said that he's gone when they showed him getting up at the end of the game. Anyone else see it?

• Options
    "That means he's gone"?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Pardew said after the game he had never really been in this situation before. Errr.
  • Options
    Just seen his post match interview. Fella looks haggered.
    In fact, he looks a right 'Dozy old c**t'

:)
  • Options
    paid off at WHU---Paid off at Saints----Paid off at CAFC---and will be paid off at NUFC
    millions to be a useless twat at his profession and proves you CAN fool ALL the people ALL the time as long as they are football club directors.
    everything wrong in the game in one bag of skin shit and ego-----Pardew.
  • Options

paid off at WHU---Paid off at Saints----Paid off at CAFC---and will be paid off at NUFC
    millions to be a useless twat at his profession and proves you CAN fool ALL the people ALL the time as long as they are football club directors.
    everything wrong in the game in one bag of skin shit and ego-----Pardew.

Did you know he is also Arsenal fan?
  • Options
    I once talked to an unashamed bully (really) who thought it was his god given right to pick on people, and would be entirely self righteous when declaring that his victims 'bring it on themselves'. Pardew strikes me as the kind of person who can be acerbic, cutting, and damning towards others because in his world they deserve it and bring it on themselves.
    Even when bang to rights with almost as many touchline 'incidents' as Suarez has bites, Pardew is equivocal and exercises a schizophrenic kind of double think when he says he will have to have a word with himself...'don't worry folks' he tells us, 'the good Alan Pardew will rescue us all from the other Alan Pardew who isn't really me doncha know'.
    The fans who sing 'it's never your fault' are not fools, they know the zeitgeist of the bloke and seem to have it spot on. It astonishes me still to remember that Parkinson told us when appointed that we mustn't rejoice because a 'good man has lost his job'. Oh? Really?
    if Alan Pardew loses the Newcastle job in my view he will have brought it on himself, mind you he won't give a damn looking at the contract he screwed out of Mike Ashley
  • Options
    I can't stand Pardew but he always comes up smelling of roses and he has lots and lots of money. Must be doing something right. Or someone. Ashley perhaps? :-)