Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Sacked

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Keep waiting for the title of this thread to have "......AGAIN!" added to it.
  • Options
    Seems to have more lives than a cat!
  • Options

I suspect Pardew as Manager suits Ashley down to the ground. He u doesn't really care what Newcastle do in the PL and just wants Pardew to make a profit on purchases and sales and not to blame Ashley when "success" isn't forthcoming.

Pardew's done that to date and whilst Moyes is rumoured to be waiting in the wings, I can't help thinking that he isn't the type of bloke to be Ashley's "yes" man.

This seems to have a good chance of being right to me. Ashley couldn't give a shit about the club - he just wants to make money for his wider business interests (Sports Direct). Something he's doing handsomely at the moment, with the Toon Army still in the premier league. He's gambling on Carr's scouting network to keep unearthing gems he can polish up and sell on for a profit every year to offset the wage bill - providing the Geordies are still in the top flight this can work indefinitely I suspect if they're ever in dire danger of going down, he'll get shot of the silver haired ponce - but it's far, far too early in the season for that.

The Geordies are amongst the most deluded fans in the country. Their club hasn't had any real success for decades, other than a brief flirtation with the top of the league for a couple of seasons when Keegan was in charge and Hall/Shepherd allowed ridiculous spending which could so easily have led to them going down and sinking like a stone a la Leeds.
  • Options
    Bump

He's shut a lot of people up. Good on ya Alan.
  • Options
    He's just delayed the sacking.

I think it more suggests Liverpool are sh*t this season and absolutely nothing without Suarez.

They didn't replace him.
  • Options
    Fair play to Pardew, he has turned it around as a manager, got Newcastle playing well again, that does not change his failure as a human being though. ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Dave2l said:

He's just delayed the sacking.

I think it more suggests Liverpool are sh*t this season.

And City and Spurs?
    A bit of credit where it's due surely?
  • Options
    He has brought em back to 9th and knocked city out the cup.

Appears he is doing something right now.

It's just strange.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arsenal fan phoned 5Live tonight to call for Wenger's head. Mark Pougatch asked him who he'd replace the Frenchman with and he said Alan Pardew, without so much as a snigger.
  • Options
    Heard Matt Holland on talk sport last Friday saying he was a good manager and the team had a lot of time for him at the time...That was contrary to what I believed!
  • Options
    I've always thought he had the potential to be a good manager, maybe he is finally on course to do so. Just made me laugh to hear the Arsenal fan, did not expect that answer to the question posed.
  • Options
    Change the title please, such a disappointment to see he is still there