Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upbeats/Charlton/Bailey on TV (Hopefully)

As an aside to Bailey appearing on a TV doing what dogs do, they have just asked if I can put together a short video of him with the Upbeats at Sparrows lane/The Valley and maybe a short chat with the guys (leave me out of it) for use alongside a interview they will do with me in front of a live audience. :(
So if anyone with video camera and the ability to use it along with some spare time at very short notice please shout.
With little or no time to put this together and no idea where to start, I thought good old CL would come to the rescue (hopefully)
The budget for is not huge in fact the best you'll get is a pint. :) and a chance to promote The Upbeats which is payment enough.

Comments

• Options
    This dog is going to be more famous than Lassie !

Can't help with the video taping but well done for all your hard work, you're a credit to Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Ray, have you asked the Trust guys?

Carl or Hollie might have access to equipment or know someone who does.
  • Options
    Sorry, can't help with this T.C.E. but good luck and please keep us informed on how it goes.
  • Options
    I have Henry, I recieved the email about 4.30 and literally got asked/told that if it can be done asap it will be used.
    With only two weekends before the filming starts and they've known about since before Christmas they could have asked sooner but if it happens it could be a great platform for the Upbeats and the Trust.
    I've emailed Hollie and Tweeted (how very modern) Terry,
    I'll take Bailey up there this weekend in order to get it done, but with a game on I'd have to miss the game and take him back home. Unless someone has a WEST stand parking permit they could loan me, then I'll bring him to the game. ;)
  • Options
    se9addick said:

This dog is going to be more famous than Lassie !

Can't help with the video taping but well done for all your hard work, you're a credit to Charlton fans.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Ray, if you need a west stand car park space I can ask for you.

Inbox me.
  • Options

Sorry, can't help with this T.C.E. but good luck and please keep us informed on how it goes.

I dont like talking (much) about my dogs ;)

But this has got much bigger than I anticipated when I agreed to the audition and I'm very much in the dark as to what is going on.
    But they tell me they were impressed with the audition (it was a disaster, trust me) with agility course set up for smaller breeds Bailey destroyed it, an 18" canvass tunnel ripped from the ground, the producer hid Bailey's tug in her Gucci handbag despite my pleas that was not wise, not only did he retreive it filling the bag with slobber he cleared 7 or 8 cups of coffee from the table at the same time into the crews laps. The story behind Bailey's illness and how Mrs Redmidland spotted the initial problem and then onto his diagnosis and subsequent recovery. The fight to get our money from the insurance company and the court cases against two vets. Which apparently for legal reasons wont be used in any interviews. I keep expecting someone to tell me its a big prank and we'll go back to doing what we do everyday enjoying our dogs along with putting a few smiles on faces at Sparrows Lane every couple of months or so.

• Options
    Ray not sure we have any filming equipment but do have I pad the filming on them is not to bad ? It is the first week back this week and think we could be outside as the dome is down at the moment due to weather conditions
  • Options
    Hiya Terry, I think anything will do the job.
    They want a little bit of what you think Bailey brings to the Upbeats, a little interaction (maybe Upbeat with Bailey weaving in and out of some cones) along with some cuddles from them all. Put together over 4 or 5 minutes. If its outside, I take it we will be up on the astroturf?
  • Options
    Henry, inbox thingy doesnt appear to be working.
    My comment about leaving Bailey in the west Stand car park was rather tongue in cheek. (he's a Covered End boy for a start) He'd be all secure in the back of the car but I'd insist the tailgate would be left open and I cant see the club allowing that.
    If it means I miss the game sobeit.
    But thanks...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hey @TCE.....alright me old pal? I was going to come down this weekend but Mrs RM is out at a show stewarding (so she can obtain higher judging accreditation), so I cant help you sadly, however I wish you and Bailey well. I'll keep you posted about Cinna as well as she is off to do another film in a couple of weeks. Take care mate and good luck with the show.
  • Options
    @razil had or has filming equipment.

How exciting!
  • Options
    I know a couple of film producers - message me if we can help.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited January 2014
    Ray - Have DM'd you details of a company that could do the filming for you.

Probably for free as well!
  • Options
    Hope you got the CD of Bailey....... I gave it to Afka in the pub at the last home game there were witnesses....... and he was not pissed ( at the time!)
  • Options
    It sounds fantastic stuff, T.C.E.

Your story certainly needs to be told , partly as a tribute to you & those who fought for Bailey and partly for other dog owners out there who may not have your doggedness ( sorry!) to fight for your pet to the nth degree....

But also for Bailey himself - the true star of this saga and SO worthy of being a winner in so many ways.

I take my hat off to you both .
  • Options
    Thanks Ken, I'm sure I'll collect it soon and look forward to seeing them.
  • Options
    Thanks FF, the only credit we take is researching his breeding. He is bred for temperament as well his looks. His training is a doddle, Bailey makes me look like I know what I'm doing.
    And lots of people kept us going at our lowest point Mr and Mrs Redmidland again were stars, vets were giving up and suggesting more scans MRI at 750 each and CT at 1400 quid a go, I read someone suggesting they might have been emotionally blackmailed into spending another £600, Baileys illness should have been found with a £60 blood test within a fortnight instead he suffered for over 12 months at a cost of over 17k. When after that time I asked a "vet" what would be our next move, he shrugged his shoulders and said " what would you like to do" I have a fantastic vet in Blackheath now and despite living some 50 mile away we'll stick with him and use a local one just for emergencies. If you aren't sure or even if you are, get a second opinion. Our boy would be dead now if we listened to the caring professional!!
  • Options
    Hi Ray,

Ken from T2TV might be able to help. They are the ones who film all our home games so are about on match days if you want me to introduce you.

Just let me know.
  • Options

Hi Ray,

Ken from T2TV might be able to help. They are the ones who film all our home games so are about on match days if you want me to introduce you.

Just let me know.

Thanks KB, I have sent you a pm. ;)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ray stop doing yourself an injustice you have offered great tips and advice for loads of us on here, Bailey may have been bred for temperament and looks, but you went and got the training to be abetter dog owner and you are the one who alongside the lovely Lynn has continued it,

you don't get bad dogs just bad dog owners remember so if that is true then on the ying for the yang you don't get good dogs just bloody good dog owners

Now congratulations and I want a signed photo of you and a paw print from bailey and if you read this Red i want a double paw print of bailey and your famous hound 8)
  • Options

Hope you got the CD of Bailey....... I gave it to Afka in the pub at the last home game there were witnesses....... and he was not pissed ( at the time!)

The witness or AFKA ?
  • Options
    Awwww Shucks, my own words just came back and bit me on the arse. ;)
    Thanks D, when nice things are said about him it means a lot. :)
    On another subject, I may have got the ok to wear a t-shirt with "Charlton Upbeats" printed on the front. I have just asked Terry if there is such a thing but no company logo would be allowed, Nike etc.
    Do we know of anyone maybe with their own sports shop who would print one and supply it FOC ....... I can't think of anyone myself! ;)
  • Options
    that miserable little man can help I am sure
  • Options

Me ?
    ;-)

• Options

No, you've got with that one......

• Options
    Just as an update, I hope to be speaking to Carl later today with the hope of putting a short video together or using an existing one of the Upbeats and attaching a photo of Bailey. This apparently will be played on the tv before, during or after a short interview with a presenter explaining Bailey's work with the Upbeats and the benefits it hopefully has with the guys. What the show entails I'm not sure of, I do know there will be other P.A.T dogs attending and they tend to be the smaller breeds, I also know we have been asked to practice agility along with some scent work and there will be a competition of sorts, but how it will work I have no idea. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support not only with this, those tweets, pms and emails helped us both when Bailey was ill and are still pushing me to do this. Those that know me will know I'm so far out of my comfort zone it's not true, so if you've just commented on a picture/post, turned up at Sparrows Lane or emailed me, thank you.
    Who'd thought popping into Sparrows Lane to see how the trust operated a while back would have led to this? What's next Charlton Life " The Movie"
    Cheers
    Ray
  • Options

You were right with the 'at the time' bit Ken !

Its safely in a drawer at home, let me know if you are going to the game on Sat Ray and i'll bring it.