Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upbeats/Charlton/Bailey on TV (Hopefully)

124»

Comments

• Options
    How'd it go yesterday Ray ?
    Hope Bailey charmed them all.
  • Options
    I didn't think it appropriate to comment with emotions running high on other subjects ...... But yes I made a fool of myself (no change there) on national TV. I'll put something together asap. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Firstly apologys, we didn't get through..........(now the excuses)
    But seriously, we had a great (day although very tiring) met some lovely people.
    Two teams of three along with the dogs, it became apparent almost immediately that we would progress no further after being being told by the production teams that we would be with our captain through to the end, she inadvertently let it slip to my team mate that shes rehearsing today for the next two weeks for a show that going to the West End.
    Through to make up and lots of it, then to wardrobe I was to be in the Pink team. No problem with Pink (anyone that's seen my golf gear will know that) given the choice of Blue it will be easier to explain to the Upbeats. Then completely out of my comfort zone, (how do I describe what happen next) Think Sky Sports, when the players walk up the camera and fold their arms (first expletive) Oh do Feck off!! quickly apologising to all the ladies present, I did my best if not the most shocking acting performance, bar none.
    Into the studio to rehearse, Baileys retrieval which consisted of plastic squeaking "Ducks" I had to throw one he had to retrieve it then continue unaided to get as many as possible. No sooner Bailey heard the squeak he proceeded to destroy them one by one ripping the heads off them. To prevent him choking on them, myself and the Vet called a halt the game. The agility course both myself and team mate both fancied and completed with ease along with our celebrity in just under 4 minutes total, his was obviously not what they wanted as we found when it came to filming.
    We had already been introduced to Gaby Roslin and the games began my teammates dog was to dive into a pool and retrieve as many thrown hoops as possible her Labrador had incredible leap was soaking crew and part of the audience. Congratulating her on her return she told me she had been instructed to throw them as far as possible rather than drop them short for speed for audience effect rather than trying to win. Our retrieval went pretty much the same way as rehearsal with concentrating on making sure he didn't damage the ducks and get anything lodged in his throat and we lost 5-0
    Agility was our strong point and they knew it we had a 15 sec penalty but off went the Labrador through the tunnel and it put the brakes on to much delight, something had been dropped in the tunnel we think food. Off went Bailey not quite as fast but just as efficient over the hurdles, through the tunnels approaching the turn when the barrier placed in front of the pool with the ducks fell over!! exit stage left went Bailey on a Duck killing spree to much hilarity we completed the course after our celebrity completed the course 5min 47sec. It became more obvious that they wanted the TV rather the competition.
    Then the little chat with Gaby Roslin, now anyone that's met me will know it don't take much to get me going in the emotion stakes than talking about the 12 months when Bailey was ill and between filming she picked me out for a chat focussing on Baileys illness/recovery and work with the Upbeats. No sooner the filming started she was prompted to asking me about Baileys story by my Captain said it had moved her to tears, now she asked me a couple questions with reference to the media stigma to Bailey and the Doberman in the other team and just as I relaxed she asked "How does it feel to see this big powerful dog interacting with the Upbeats" Cue make up..............Sorry, guys I wasnt acting. But several cuddles from Ms Roslin and I started to feel better....... ;)
    Hopefully the titles/trailers will include, film/photos of the Upbeats and it all will be worth it. Glad I did it? Yes............... and it got to promote the Upbeats and Baileys work with them.......Would I do it again? Knowing what I know now, probably not................
  • Options
    Brilliant Ray. Thank you.
    When will we able to see any footage ?
  • Options
    No sooner Bailey heard the squeak he proceeded to destroy them one by one ripping the heads off them.

This has me chuckling...

• Options
    I believe the programmes start going out in March with Sport Relief at the end of March............
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Curb_It said:

No sooner Bailey heard the squeak he proceeded to destroy them one by one ripping the heads off them.

This has me chuckling...

I'm not sure how much of that will be shown because of the Vet and my intervention, but they will certainly show the first one which retrieved and refused to bring back and stood shaking his head side to side.
  • Options
    Sorry Ray, but can't get the picture of you wearing make-up out of mind.
    ;-)
  • Options
    The funniest thing although we (me and the Dobbie's handler) had been working with our dogs to get their focus. When completely unexpected the Dobbie lunged at one of the production crew, wanting to write something on his clipboard he was holding a plastic duck between his thighs, the dog connected and torn his jeans. But he nigh Sh*t his pants and the behaviourist tore into him and told how to behave around dogs. :)