Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One Leo Messi

Comments

• Options
    Messi wins it cos he's sweet and small, and his success defied the odds etc.

Ronaldo is an awesome specimen of a human being. His arrogance has cost him in the past, but my heart says Messi, my head says Ronaldo. His all round game is incredible. But Messi's dribbling means he doesn't need to head it very often!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Said for a while that Ronaldo's the best. The complete player as already said and proven in more than just La Liga. Until Messi moves to the prem this will be my view.
  • Options

Said for a while that Rinaldo's the best. The complete player as already said and proven in more than just La Liga. Until Messi moves to the prem this will be my view.

If you are a 3 time champions league winner by the age of 24, in my opinion he doesn't have to prove himself against west brom or Fulham.
  • Options

Said for a while that Rinaldo's the best. The complete player as already said and proven in more than just La Liga. Until Messi moves to the prem this will be my view.

If you are a 3 time champions league winner by the age of 24, in my opinion he doesn't have to prove himself against west brom or Fulham.
    But surely that's how you judge? Can they play consistently well against all kinds of opponents especially when its expected of you! Either way they are both incredible players who will be discussed as 2 of the best ever in years to come I'm sure.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

But surely that's how you judge? Can they play consistently well against all kinds of opponents especially when its expected of you! Either way they are both incredible players who will be discussed as 2 of the best ever in years to come I'm sure.
    I believe Messi would piss all over the premier league.

They are two freaks of footballing nature and at bitter rivals which makes it even more interesting. We are watching history books being made every week and looking forward to them both being in their prime and captains of their countries in
    Brazil come June.
  • Options
    Goals in 2014? When did we stop measuring them by season?

Ronaldo for me as well, seems a better all round player.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Who would you rather have at CAFC... Jacko, Messi or Ronaldo?
  • Options

Said for a while that Ronaldo's the best. The complete player as already said and proven in more than just La Liga. Until Messi moves to the prem this will be my view.

Well your argument doesn't really hold up when you consider that Messi is so good that its unlikely that any Premier League team is going to be able to buy him.

Infact, there is probably no club in the world that can buy him.
  • Options

While EPL is becoming increasingly depressing in terms of the gulf, the bottom half of La Liga is so weak that I am surprised that the world's best players don't get bored of it after a couple of seasons.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Well your argument doesn't really hold up when you consider that Messi is so good that its unlikely that any Premier League team is going to be able to buy him.

Not even City? If they wanted they could buy any player in the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

While EPL is becoming increasingly depressing in terms of the gulf, the bottom half of La Liga is so weak that I am surprised that the world's best players don't get bored of it after a couple of seasons.
    It's a different type of league though, I have no doubt that Mess I would destroy the prrm but we'll never know for sure...
  • Options

I think its because the Ballon D'or is judged on calender year. Not sure though.
  • Options
    Truth is they are both awesome. On their day both are virtually unplayable.
  • Options
    For me, 18 months ago they were the top 2 players in the world. 2013 Ronaldo seems to have stepped it up another level (even before Messi got injured), so for me he edges it.

I would love to see Messi in the Premier League, Ronaldo has proven he can do it in the top two leagues in the world.

It would be interesting to see how Messi plays week in week out when he is not in a team that has been built around him since he was 12 years old.
  • Options

I think its because the Ballon D'or is judged on calender year. Not sure though.
    Fair enough!
  • Options

cafctom said:

Not even City? If they wanted they could buy any player in the world.
    Not even City. Its not just down to money but Lionel Messi isn't likely to gain anything by moving anywhere in world Football. Barcelona is pretty much the top of the top. There would be no good reason for Barcelona to sell him to City, and even less reason for Messi to want to go.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Messi wouldn't leave because he knows that Barcelona is tailored to suit him. They sold every striker they had (Ibra, Etoo, Villa) to accommodate him and boost his goalscoring record.

Had Neymar been worth less in shirt sales, they wouldn't have signed him.
  • Options

If Messi can score 66 goals in 85 champions league games and 18 goals in 26 games v Real Madrid i'm pretty sure we don't need to worry about how he'd get on in the premier league.
  • Options
    As of 15:02 I make it 15-8 to Ronny.

Get your chequebook out Roland!
  • Options
    Got nothing on Gary Goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ronaldo is head and shoulders above Messi.
    But Messi is a better player.
  • Options

Ronaldo is head and shoulders above Messi.
    But Messi is a better player.

I don't care. Just tell us whose rack that is...
  • Options
    Interesting to note that although Messi broke the record, he didn't lead them to much silverware that season...
  • Options
    apparently you can strangle Messi and only get a yellow now, interesting
  • Options

apparently you can strangle Messi and only get a yellow now, interesting

I would hardly call that strangling. Messi makes the most of it as well. Not that that makes it right.
  • Options
    100% a red card! you just can't raise your hands like that.
    BUT even the most die hard Messi fan must admit he over reacted there.
    How does someone holding your neck make you fall to the ground?
  • Options
    edited September 2014

100% a red card! you just can't raise your hands like that.
    BUT even the most die hard Messi fan must admit he over reacted there.
    How does someone holding your neck make you fall to the ground?

The commentators said any player would of done to draw the refs attention to it
  • Options
    Wasn't even his neck. Looked more like his jaw to me..............
  • Options
    Football is becoming a joke.

Basketball is more physical these days.