Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One Leo Messi

Comments

• Options
    Messi embarrassing there. At no point when someone grabs your jaw would it mean you fall over.
  • Options
    Really disappointed with Messi there... Whenever you see him with the ball you have to drive a truck into the side of him to take him out (i.e. the player who had to rugby tackle to stop him)

Its Ronaldo who gets up to those rubbish antics
  • Options
    at that level i would do anything to get another player sent off... #justsaying
  • Options
    I hate when you hear commentators or professionals defending a players over reaction with "he did it to draw the refs attention".

If the ref had seen it he would have done something about it anyway. If he never saw it then you would hope the linesman had. If both never saw it then it gets dealt with after the game, the guy won't get away with it.

If you throw yourself on the floor to draw attention to an incident which the ref missed, what benefit do you get apart from looking pathetic? The ref shouldn't be sending opposition off based on a players over reaction.

I'm not saying players man handling other players for intimidation because they can't match the footballing ability is right. But it is also not right to throw yourself on the ground to gain an advantage.

(And breathe)
  • Options
    On anyone else, it would just be a belly tickle.
  • Options
    Top Champions League scorer of all time, top La Liga scorer of all time. Not a bad week for the lad...
  • Options

Top Champions League scorer of all time, top La Liga scorer of all time. Not a bad week for the lad...

Failed the CL height test.
  • Options
    Couldnt do it on a cold night down the Valley
  • Options

Top Champions League scorer of all time.

For now.
  • Options

But can he mark opposition centre backs at corners and set pieces?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

For now.
    Erm, yeah thats kind of how it works with record holders.

Enjoy what this lad is doing while he is around, we won't see another like him any time soon.
  • Options
    I'm also in the Ronaldo camp. Messi has sat in La Liga and been comfortable for too long. Remember, that league is:

Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Atletico Madrid
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Riviera said:

For now.
    Erm, yeah thats kind of how it works with record holders.

Enjoy what this lad is doing while he is around, we won't see another like him any time soon.
    Whoooooooooosh!
  • Options

I'm also in the Ronaldo camp. Messi has sat in La Liga and been comfortable for too long. Remember, that league is:

Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Atletico Madrid
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder

back when ronaldo was at united you could make the arguement that the prem was

man utd
    arsenal
    chelsea
    liverpool
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder
    Fodder

fact is messi has done it consistently from a young age and at champions league level
  • Options
    And he's played in the same league since he was about 12! Ronaldo has played in 3 different leagues. Messi's domestic league record is worth noting but to crown him king of CL whilst Ronaldo is just a fag paper behind and could have broken the record himself is pointless. It will be nip and tuck between the two of them in CL over the next few years and I fully expect Ronaldo to have the record when both are retired.
  • Options
    Messi is a few years younger - surely he will retire with the record
  • Options
    I like the clip where you see the La Liga opposition player try to foul Messi... He just shrugs it off and keeps going, the player then catches back up with Messi and proper rugby tackles him to the ground to stop him from getting any further - Ronaldo on the other hand would have gone down the moment he'd have sensed the first challenge coming

Thats the difference in class for me... Messi dont need to cheat
  • Options
    Ronaldo for me.
  • Options

I like the clip where you see the La Liga opposition player try to foul Messi... He just shrugs it off and keeps going, the player then catches back up with Messi and proper rugby tackles him to the ground to stop him from getting any further - Ronaldo on the other hand would have gone down the moment he'd have sensed the first challenge coming

A bit like George Best, he used to ride tackles and carry on.
  • Options
    Overall Messi, but Ronaldo the last 18 months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

And he's played in the same league since he was about 12! Ronaldo has played in 3 different leagues. Messi's domestic league record is worth noting but to crown him king of CL whilst Ronaldo is just a fag paper behind and could have broken the record himself is pointless. It will be nip and tuck between the two of them in CL over the next few years and I fully expect Ronaldo to have the record when both are retired.

Ronaldo has played about 20 Champions League games more than Messi
  • Options
    I think Messi is probably the better player technically, I just prefer watching Ronaldo's direct, powerful style.

Both are astonishingly good though, amongst the best ever and it's a privilege to be alive whilst both are plying their trade.
  • Options

You saying he doesn't dive??? You need to watch a bit more Spanish football.
  • Options
    Why does this always turn into Messi v Ronaldo?

The topic is Messi, and the fact the HE broke two major records this week.

Comparing them IMO is disrespectful to their own individual ability and devalues what they have done for the game. There is no definitive answer to the tedious debate, just enjoy them.
  • Options
    Yes there is, Ronaldo is better.
  • Options
    Only one of them has been tested in a real league.
  • Options

Only one of them has been tested in a real league.

Messi has been tested in the Champions League and as it stands is the greatest goal scorer in its history. Putting 3/4/5 goals in a game past English and German teams.

Not to mention 21 goals in El Clasico matches.

This whole "could he do it on a cold night at Stoke City" idea is absolute nonsense.
  • Options
    I think the test is a wet Tuesday night at Grimsby actually......
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I think the test is a wet Tuesday night at Grimsby actually......

Stoke, it's definitely Stoke.