Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Allardyce sacked (ed. or not, ed ed. err yes)

Comments

• Options
    £6m for Maiga?!!!!!

The blokes not worth 6 quid.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Alan Green, for once, made an interesting point last night during commentary. He said imagine West Ham were in this position with a different manager; so they sack whoever it was and if Big Sam was available he would be the ideal candidate to bring in to save them. Funny old game.

I'm sure someone else made the point to Green first......

For that reason I think they will keep him 'til the end of the season. If they stay up they will sack him in any case. If they go down they will probably do the same BUT, if they can't find a Manager suitable enough to get them straight back up, they might keep him on. And then sack him once they get back up!
  • Options
    uncle said:

Crazy decision. There squad is so poor.
    Needed to give Allardyce some cash and support for the rest of the season.
    Think they are more likely to be relegated now. Haha wet spam

More money? You don't have a clue what you are talking about. How much more money should they give him? Seeing that he spent 11m on jarvis, 6m on maiga, 5m on downing and 15m on carroll. I think he's had his chance to show what he can do with money.

Wow that is a lot of money on some really poor players. Still dont understand what Big Sam and Daglish saw in Andy Carroll.
  • Options
    A confident, fit Andy Carroll is a very, very good player. I just don't think you'll see that very often, if ever.
  • Options
    I heard a rumour that Carroll isn't injured, he's doing a stint in rehab for coke. Probably just bollocks though
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I heard a rumour that Carroll isn't injured, he's doing a stint in rehab for coke. Probably just bollocks though

This rumour seems to pop up about most players who are out for a while. I heard RVP and heard it about Jack Wishire on numerous occasions.
  • Options

£6m for Maiga?!!!!!

The blokes not worth 6 quid.

I think he's another Gervinho. A decent enough player but just not suited to the pace and power of English football
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I heard the same , but it could be misconstrued as Rehab for injury rather than drug addiction?

• Options
    Croydon said:

That rumour has been doing the rounds for a while now.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

heard the same from a Geordie fan. He reckons he has certainly had a line or two but agrees its unlikely he is in rehab.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    footballer takes cocaine shocker
  • Options
    I heard that its not rehab, more a conspiracy that he got caught taking it and got a ban that was 'hushed' and the club report that he has numerous injuries etc.

Heard it about Tomas Rosicky when he was out a few years ago for an extended period for Arsenal

Probably all bollocks though
  • Options

They've got a Championship squad and just lost to Forest with a side made up of youths / reserves pretty much and to City, which doesn't count. Everyone gets smashed by City at home.

Given the fact that "everyone gets smashed by City at home" would it not have made more sense to have a stronger team against Forest and a weaker one against City? After all, they might just as well have lost 12-0 to City because, over two legs, they were never going to get through were they?

In a semi-final?
  • Options
    Bad job for most managers that want to improve their CV. They should stick with fat Sam. He looks a defeated man though and is probably not as enthused by the job as he should be.
    I think he wants out...£££.
  • Options
    Love to see the wet spam in the Championship, playing at the Olympic park in front of 15000.

Your ground's too big for you !
  • Options

Love to see the wet spam in the Championship, playing at the Olympic park in front of 15000.

Next season could realistically see West Ham Vs Leyton Orient in the league. At the Olympic Stadium

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Next season could realistically see West Ham Vs Leyton Orient in the league. At the Olympic Stadium

I didn't think West Ham moved to the Olympic Stadium for another couple of years
  • Options
    when is their first season at the Olympic Stadium ?
  • Options
    season after next
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    season after next
  • Options
    ok so prolly want them relegated next season , as we go up!
  • Options
    I wonder why they've got so many injuries.There must be something wrong with their training.
  • Options
    A West Ham fan said to me today that they played last night as if they were under orders not to pick up injuries. For someone who espouses conditioning and Sports Science (he took 60-odd staff to Newcastle), Allardyce doesn't seem to be very lucky with the results.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

I heard that its not rehab, more a conspiracy that he got caught taking it and got a ban that was 'hushed' and the club report that he has numerous injuries etc.

Heard it about Tomas Rosicky when he was out a few years ago for an extended period for Arsenal

Have heard the Rosicky rumour before. I'd say it's probably fairly commonplace in football yet we never get to hear the truth. If someone fails a test, they're announced as injured until it's out of their system.

I find it pretty hard to believe that over the years the only ones who've ever failed a test that spring to mind are Mutu, Bosnich and Kolo Toure.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Yes - a delicious thought!

• Options

Dizzle said:

Have heard the Rosicky rumour before. I'd say it's probably fairly commonplace in football yet we never get to hear the truth. If someone fails a test, they're announced as injured until it's out of their system.

I find it pretty hard to believe that over the years the only ones who've ever failed a test that spring to mind are Mutu, Bosnich and Kolo Toure.
    And Lee Bowyer & Dean Chandler when with us ;-(
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Yes - a delicious thought!

Not as nice as the hope that they do a Wolves and are playing Shrewsbury at home in the first game at the Olympic Stadium in Div 1.

• Options

Dizzle said:

And Lee Bowyer & Dean Chandler when with us ;-(
    And Jamie Stuart and Shaun Newton (not caught while with us though)
  • Options
    Allardyce is quite overrated IMO, his long-ball style is less effective against teh 4-2-3-1 system people are using in the Premiership these days