Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Allardyce sacked (ed. or not, ed ed. err yes)

Comments

• Options
    It's next manager to leave so as long as his first out I'm happy.

Sam out
  • Options
    Needs another (ed.)

Allardyce gone. West Ham wasted no time with that one.
  • Options
    Well if you will lose to Newcastle....
  • Options
    Apparently they had Benitez lined up, but he's now been offered the Real Madrid job.
  • Options
    Bolton , Blackburn and Newcastle all went down after he left them.
  • Options
    A pitiful performance from the Happy Hammers today but West Ham would be mad to get rid of Big Sam.

I like the way he's going straight off to Spain to spend half term with his grandchildren and leaving the meeting with Gold and Sullivan tomorrow to his agent - good for him. It's not as if anything he says will make a blind bit of difference. If his contract is not renewed, he knows that there will be no shortage of offers.

One bad decision and appointment by Gold and Sullivan (who seems to think he knows the game) could put them in big trouble next season, ahead of their landmark move.
  • Options

Bolton , Blackburn and Newcastle all went down after he left them.

With Blackburn and Newcastle it was clear at that time that their boards were struggling to run those clubs after success with previous owners.
    I think the West Ham board are a tad shrewder and will have been planning the succession for awhile. That doesn't make it any less of a challenge.

Incidentally there might be an opportunity for us if their board and a new head coach are looking to change the squad around. Clearly we have a relationship after the Poyet and Henderson deals last summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Feel a bit sorry for big Sam. Don't like to see him with a long face.
  • Options
    Colleagues who have worked with Big Sam (he asks to be called) didn't have particulalry nice things to say, but he's come across with far more class than anyone else at West Ham. Am I right in thinking his last three clubs were all relegated within a year of sacking him? Palace and West Ham coming down next season would be...oh my... I can't put it into words.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Palace and West Ham coming down next season would be...oh my... I can't put it into words.

2 of the relegation places sorted?
  • Options
    Allardyce will find another club quite easily. What he does, he does well, and whilst a lot of the time his style of football lacks finesse, it's effective.
  • Options
    Bollocks he was shite. We'd be annoyed if we played how his teams did aswell as spending as much as they did
  • Options

Allardyce will find another club quite easily. What he does, he does well, and whilst a lot of the time his style of football lacks finesse, it's effective.

Will he? I can't see another PL club going for him and will he be willing to drop a division?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Real Madrid might be after a new manager and in one of his usual moments of humility he said he could manage that club. Both Big Sam and Wet Spam have serious delusions of grandeur
  • Options

Bollocks he was shite. We'd be annoyed if we played how his teams did aswell as spending as much as they did

Every team in the league bar Burnley spends as much so there is a limit to how well you can do.
  • Options
    Don't forget Sheffield Wednesday - the new tuna owners allegedly intend to throw a bit of money at it. Big Sam would also fit the profile of some of their successful managers of the past, like Jack Charlton and Howard Wilkinson.
  • Options
    When the sack race gets into full swing about Christmas time, he will get a PL club looking to keep away from relegation. My prediction is Middlesbrough.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

When the sack race gets into full swing about Christmas time, he will get a PL club looking to keep away from relegation. My prediction is Middlesbrough.

You could easily be right but I was told that he is hoping to stay in the London area .
  • Options
    In which case maybe someone like QPR if they struggle next season with promotion. He would appeal to them as well I think. If they got back up then they would have someone who might be able to finally keep them there
  • Options
    Finishing 12th in the Premier League is shite now? No doubt people were saying that about Curbishley when he was here. That ended well.

There were some who wanted Curbs out when we were 4th in the Prem!