Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options

If Dom comes in we still need another striker.

If it is as being suggested a loan till the MLS season restarts I don't see the point. Will take him a while to get used to English football and by the time he settles he'll be gone.

• Options
    Settles? English football? Don't know much about him then.
  • Options

How many pro games has he played in England at our level? What's that I hear you say? None. In fact how many games has he played in England at anything but youth level?.
  • Options

If it is as being suggested a loan till the MLS season restarts I don't see the point. Will take him a while to get used to English football and by the time he settles he'll be gone.

Ask Everton fan's if they thought Landon Donovan was a pointless signing. I don't think it would take much to settle into the championship from the American leagues.

• Options

How many pro games has he played in England at our level? What's that I hear you say? None. In fact how many games has he played in England at anything but youth level?.
    Scouted by a former Charlton record signing..!
  • Options

Ask Everton fan's if they thought Landon Donovan was a pointless signing. I don't think it would take much to settle into the championship from the American leagues.

Donovan played 13 games in his first spell and was at Everton for just over two months in the aecond spell.

Say Dwyer signs by the end of this week. Kansas City will want him back a week or so before their season restarts leaving him with roughly 5 weeks with us. Waste of time in my opinion.
  • Options

Donovan played 13 games in his first spell and was at Everton for just over two months in the aecond spell.

Say Dwyer signs by the end of this week. Kansas City will want him back a week or so before their season restarts leaving him with roughly 5 weeks with us. Waste of time in my opinion.
    I believe that when prompted in America what he was going to do next (when the season was coming to an end) he said that he was going to an English championship club on loan with a permanent deal in summer so possibly may not go back
  • Options
    Not really Waste of time if he scores goals and helps us gain points. I thought your reason was because it would take him a while to settle to English football and I'm just pointing out that Landon took to it like a duck to water as I don't see too much difference between America and England.
  • Options
    Heard we're in for Lee Camp, Jussi Jaaskeleinen, Butland.

We all dream of a team of goalkeepers!
  • Options
    Didn't Dom Dwyer start off at Norwich? Don't think English football will be too alien to him, worth it if he gets goals in those five weeks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014

Not really Waste of time if he scores goals and helps us gain points. I thought your reason was because it would take him a while to settle to English football and I'm just pointing out that Landon took to it like a duck to water as I don't see too much difference between America and England.

Going to stick my neck out and say Dwyer isn't in Donovan's class.

Stand by my assertion that by the time he gets up to speed he'll be gone.

• Options

Going to stick my neck out and say Dwyer isn't in Donovan's class.

Stand by my ascertain that by the time he gets up to speed he'll be gone.

No need to, it's obvious he isn't but then were not in Everton's class, were in a dog fight in the 2nd tear of English football and need all the help we can get whether that's for 5 weeks or 5 months.
  • Options
    dom dwyer, keeping our current midfield, signing le fondre or someone who can come in and score 8 goals, yes 8 goals. sign a winger on loan maybe that liverpool player and we will be fine. btw does anyone know what our budget is compared to other teams, if huddersfield are 16th we must be at best 17th.
  • Options
    Are we not able to attract a better striker? Becchio isn't playing at Norwich, for example.
  • Options
    Becchio reportedly unhappy at bench warming at Norwich City. Has only started a couple of times since joining from Leeds. The Prem. looks a step to far for him.
    If we had enough dosh Hoolahan could be a possibility although his destination looks like Villa with the Norwich board unhappy that he will rejoin Paul Lambert.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25711640

Birmingham City midfielder Darren Ambrose is set to leave Blues for Greek Super League side Apollon Smyrni on loan...

"For whatever reason, it hasn't worked out here. That can happen in a player's career," said Blues boss Lee Clark.
    "I've no doubt there's a talented player there.
    "It's a fresh start for his family and the weather will be a bit warmer there."

I notice that Lawrie Sanchez is their Head Coach,they signed another ex Addick last week in Lee Cook.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollon_Smyrni_F.C.

• Options

Becchio reportedly unhappy at bench warming at Norwich City. Has only started a couple of times since joining from Leeds. The Prem. looks a step to far for him.
    If we had enough dosh Hoolahan could be a possibility although his destination looks like Villa with the Norwich board unhappy that he will rejoin Paul Lambert.

Would love Hoolahan but there's probably about 15 clubs in the queue before us and they have more cash than we do.

He's a cracking little player and can light up a whole team.
  • Options
    We should have got Hoolahan when he left Blackpool (Just a shame we couldnt afford him) - No chance now though as he will go Villa if anywhere
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 17m
    Owen Garvan and Stephen Dobbie attracting interest. Could be next exits from #cpfc.

Could both do a good job for us imho but I suspect Dobbie will follow Holloway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luke Moore available for free. Worth a look?
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 17m
    Owen Garvan and Stephen Dobbie attracting interest. Could be next exits from #cpfc.

Could both do a good job for us imho but I suspect Dobbie will follow Holloway.

Garvan would be excellent,in my view it was his return from injury that reignited Palace's promotion push last season.If we lost Dale then he would be a good replacement.Left footed as well.
  • Options
    Dobbie will probably end up with Holloway at Millwall.
  • Options

Dobbie will probably end up with Holloway at Millwall.

The spanners will be able to relate to someone with a name like that...http://www.mucklefiguren.de/content/e2/e901/Dobby_COVERBILDER_ger.jpg
  • Options
    Garvan certainly won't be following Holloway! Let's snap him up. Him or Hoolahan would have been perfect replacements for Andy Reid. We got Bouazza instead...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    From the ever reliable Football Rumours
    Charlton to loan Liverpool's Michael Ngoo with a view of a permanent deal in the summer.

6 foot 6, before you ask.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ngoo
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Charlton to loan Liverpool's Michael Ngoo with a view of a permanent deal in the summer.

Can he play in goal?
  • Options
    From my friend's Dad.

@BelgoFoot 55m 2/2 But Standard have a number of good youth team/academy players who would benefit from spell away (#cafc) - maybe happen in the future.

@BelgoFoot 57m

1/2 A quick word on the #Standard - #cafc link up. The players rumoured to be available so far have been those who can't make the 1st team.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Didn't score in 7 games on loan at Yeovil and was sent back to Liverpool..................sign him up!!!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

From my friend's Dad.

@BelgoFoot 55m 2/2 But Standard have a number of good youth team/academy players who would benefit from spell away (#cafc) - maybe happen in the future.

@BelgoFoot 57m

1/2 A quick word on the #Standard - #cafc link up. The players rumoured to be available so far have been those who can't make the 1st team.

He's worth a follow on Twitter.