Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Definitely. Belgian football is his expertise.

https://twitter.com/BelgoFoot
  • Hull have signed Jelavić and about to get Long too.

They got any reserve strikers that'll want a loan out?
  • McLean still with them?

Aluko would be nice!
  • Stephen Quinn getting a game for them?
  • Dobbie will probably end up with Holloway at Millwall.

Afterall, Holloway did once give him a sock....................
  • Fryatt

He's been playing recently (as a sub anyway) but would be a great signing if they didn't need him anymore.
  • Fryatt

He's been playing recently (as a sub anyway) but would be a great signing if they didn't need him anymore.
    But if they have signed jelavic and sign long, they will have jelavic, long, graham and sagbo. He at best would be 5th choice.
  • "Birmingham City midfielder Darren Ambrose leaves the Championship club for Greek Super League side Apollon Smyrni."

Fair play to him for doing something completely different to the norm, I hope he does well over there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fryatt

But if they have signed jelavic and sign long, they will have jelavic, long, graham and sagbo. He at best would be 5th choice.
    Exactly.
  • RedPanda said:

"Birmingham City midfielder Darren Ambrose leaves the Championship club for Greek Super League side Apollon Smyrni."

Fair play to him for doing something completely different to the norm, I hope he does well over there.

Does he do well anywhere?
  • RedPanda said:

"Birmingham City midfielder Darren Ambrose leaves the Championship club for Greek Super League side Apollon Smyrni."

Does he do well anywhere?
    I was always of the opinion that when played in the right position (ergo behind a striker) he always looked useful. But each club he goes to insist on playing him wide. When he was scoring all those goals for Palace it was when he was playing behind a striker, then they moved him wide and he was pants again.
  • Agree with LR88 Matty Fryatt would be a good signing, lots of experience. Could he play with Yann tho'. He was in the same Leicester team that lost to Cardiff in the infamous penalty shoot out.
  • What's the latest on the Dale Stephens rumour? He's become one of my favourite players in the team and I'd be very sad to see him leave. The title of the previous transfer thread was never changed but no-one's mentioned him for some time and it seems to have gone quiet now.Hopefully that is it?
  • What's the latest on the Dale Stephens rumour? He's become one of my favourite players in the team and I'd be very sad to see him leave. The title of the previous transfer thread was never changed but no-one's mentioned him for some time and it seems to have gone quiet now.Hopefully that is it?

Let's hope that no news is good news, Jessie.

• If CP were to pick up the phone to his mate Nige Pearson and say 'give me Chris Wood and Andy King seeing as they can't get a kick with you at the moment', that would do me.

Then Andy Hughes could ring up Le Fondre and say 'I've played for Reading and Charlton and you're far better off at The Valley, son' - especially as the word is that he gives good transfer advice, does Hughesy...

If those 3 came to us this January, I might even be persuaded to invest in a Tuesday Night Splashdown half-season ticket.
  • Gutierrez has gone to Norwich on loan .. Pilkington (if available) would be good for us, if he's fit .. and cheap ((:>)

Aluko would be nice!

Currently injured but only just signed a new contract
  • bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25717436

We was linked with this guy in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25717436

We was linked with this guy in the summer.

Defensive minded midfielder, available on a free... our current first choice DM Mr J. Cousins, Esq., linked with a multimillion move... hmm. Some worrying maths is all adding up here.
  • If CP were to pick up the phone to his mate Nige Pearson and say 'give me Chris Wood and Andy King seeing as they can't get a kick with you at the moment', that would do me.

Then Andy Hughes could ring up Le Fondre and say 'I've played for Reading and Charlton and you're far better off at The Valley, son' - especially as the word is that he gives good transfer advice, does Hughesy...

If those 3 came to us this January, I might even be persuaded to invest in a Tuesday Night Splashdown half-season ticket.

Chris Wood. Now that would be a great loan deal if Powelly could pull that one off.
  • i just want one statemtn of intent, a striker. the longer it goes on the more we will all most likely clutch at straws. we need a striekr now. it will be 17 days til the 31st and that is 4 games i think. gotta get a move on with the trasnfers, and no more goalkeepers.
  • Florent Rouamba just signed for L2 side Bastia. Eric Ti Bie is at now at Evian.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/ca-bastia-secure-florent-rouamba-and-jonathan-rivas/
  • I still think we are more likely to sign a striker after 7th Feb as we did last season with Obika
  • Conor Henderson at hull not getting any game time would be good signing for us.and a local lad as well
  • Grant Holt leaves Wigan to join A Villa on loan - and they replace him with Nicky Maynard.

they are out there if you look..........
  • Dom dwyer gone back to america, powell also said the other americans are just training with us for fitness
  • Dom dwyer gone back to america, powell also said the other americans are just training with us for fitness

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/10936585._/?

Let's hope that no news is good news, Jessie.

I just saw the thread about him not playing last night etc.Have to admit I'm really worried now... :-(