Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options

@DeadlineDayLive: DEAL DONE: Bradford have completed the signing of Aaron McLean from Hull City. He's signed a 2-and-a-half year deal. (Source: @hullcityteam)

That's a good signing for them

Sounds a very good signing for them... He'll be class in League One and certainly replace the void left by Wells

(am slightly surprised Peterborough didnt put a bid in)
    as has been written, a decent replacement for Naki Wells .. Bradford is a championship club 'in waiting' .. decent crowds, good ground, a developing team and a wonderful manager (no nastiness about PP please) .. ((:>)
    In terms of Parky getting Bradford into the Championship its something I'd love to see happen - Everytime he's taken over at a club in the Championship (Hull and Charlton) he's had to deal with other Managers squads and because the Championship is so demanding now he first of all didnt get given the time by Hull and with Charlton we were unfortunately relegated (partly because we had no money to recruit etc...)

Like with Colchester, Charlton (the season after being relegated to League One) and with Bradford this season he's proved that he can compete easily at that level yet the only time he took his own squad into the Championship (Colchester) he instantly left... Hopefully if Bradford do go up in a few seasons (1) He'll still be there and (2) He'll have had a full pre-season to prepare for a Championship season for the first time
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I think the bigger clubs are going to be reluctant to allow their younger players come to us for "development" until we sort out the state of our pitch.
  • Options
    Huddersfield have signed that Lolley guy from Kidderminster, another younger striker from nonleague
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Huddersfield have signed that Lolley guy from Kidderminster, another younger striker from nonleague

Yet another good signing by them.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Bloody hell what is Huddersfield's budget? I know he won't have cost much but to keep signing players (STRIKERS!!) on permanent deals does make you wonder...
  • Options
    With Hull Tigers signing Shane Long and Jelavic, I'm sure we can get one of their cast offs in on loan #Dreambig
  • Options
    Brighton have activated the release clause in Lewis Grabban's Contract.

Could see Bournemouth sliding back towards us a little more now
  • Options

Bloody hell what is Huddersfield's budget? I know he won't have cost much but to keep signing players (STRIKERS!!) on permanent deals does make you wonder...

250k if all add ons are applied. Dwn payment of about 75k I believe.

They are probably still spending the money they got for Jordan Rhodes.
  • Options

Brighton have activated the release clause in Lewis Grabban's Contract.

Could see Bournemouth sliding back towards us a little more now

He scores the majority of their goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @bfc_official
    Liam Lawrence has signed for the Reds until the end of the season. Welcome to Oakwell, Liam!
  • Options

@DeadlineDayLive: DEAL DONE: Bradford have completed the signing of Aaron McLean from Hull City. He's signed a 2-and-a-half year deal. (Source: @hullcityteam)

That's a good signing for them

Sounds a very good signing for them... He'll be class in League One and certainly replace the void left by Wells

(am slightly surprised Peterborough didnt put a bid in)
    am slightly surprized we didnt!!
  • Options
    Nick Pope gone to York on loan
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Nick Pope gone to York on loan

Thought he'd already gone shortly after the Ipswich game... Was surprised to see him on the bench v Oxford
  • Options
    Nicky Maynard just signed for Wigan
  • Options
    fancy Wigan to go up via Playoffs
  • Options
    edited January 2014

SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 25s
    Millwall want to sign Swansea defender Jazz Richards. #millwallfc #swans

he made a brief sub appearance against us for the Terriers .. couldn't get a regular place at Hudds

• Options
    Anyone who willingly shortens their name to Jazz must be a strange enough bloke to fit in with the muppet show down the toolbox
  • Options
    ^^^ he's sooooo cooooool ((:>)
  • Options

So do I.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So do I.
    I reckon Ipswich will do it.
  • Options
    Striker and a defender please!
  • Options
    Good signing for Wigan. They really need promotion. 2 years in the Champ burning through their parachute money and they would be back to a tiny Northern, League2 sized club again.
  • Options

Chalobah has gone back to Chelsea from Notts Forest. Would be a good signing if we could get him on loan.

Signed for Middlesborough!
  • Options

Chalobah has gone back to Chelsea from Notts Forest. Would be a good signing if we could get him on loan.

What about Josh MacEachran? He has just come back from a spell on loan at Watford.
  • Options
    Been shit for three seasons, love to see him succeed but we don't need a physically gauche central midfielder with little pace and no physical presence.

Thank god we're not signing over paid, failed champ footballers, then we could be called Lomas' mark two Millwall. Varney ffs: One of my favourite players when we got relegated.
  • Options

Ha ...... just our luck!

• Options
    surely if powell got a league one squad to finish 9th, he could get a league one striker to bang i nthe goals. franck moussa could do a job. comi nfrom coventry he would be cheap as well.
  • Options
    Leon Clarke has handed in a transfer request... Could give him another punt
  • Options
    Already mentioned Moussa, mainly because of my personal opinion being he has came on leaps and bounds this past year and is just the type of player we need, alongside at least another striker. Has his links with Powell and some of the current players here already, would be a quality signing but would obviously cost a transfer fee.

Unlikely to happen indeed, but would love it to.

Am sure we will see some activity of one or two players at least, come this time next week. Reinforcements are what's needed and Powell shall have his wish granted.