Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    Draxler to Arsenal... Is Wenger trying to field a whole team of Central Attacking Midfielders?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    I am attempting to wait patiently for news of a confirmed signing (or contract agreement) that will strenghten the team.
  • Options
    Kevin Phillips to Leicester according to SSN
  • Options
    vff said:

I am attempting to wait patiently for news of a confirmed signing (or contract agreement) that will strenghten the team.

Any news?
  • Options
    we are now half way through the window with our only signings being 2 loans from our parent company (so to speak) one of which we don't really need.

We all know our most pressing need is at least 1 experienced, decent striker - 2 would be good - so why haven't we brought one in ?? Before xmas everyone was saying that CP probably has 2 lists, depending if the takeover went through or not. Well it did but we are no nearer bringing anyone in & looking at last nights performances the need is greater than ever.

Other teams seem to be able to get their act together, money or not.

sorry, but it just p*****s me off.
  • Options
    shock
  • Options
    vff said:

Aren't we all!
  • Options
    CP might still have 2 lists, Golfie - but perhaps he hasn't permission to action either of them yet?

There may be very good reasons why.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

CP might still have 2 lists, Golfie - but perhaps he hasn't permission to action either of them yet?

Are you insinuating that he is on his way out Oggy?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Or we've blown the budget on fixing the pitch?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Imagine what a huge lift it would give to the club, it's supporters and SCP if RD was to dip his hands in his pocket and sign a million pound + striker.

Vff - do you know something we don't?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

which are ???

All I know is that we do this season after season - leave everything until the last few days & then all the decent players have gone. Surely if anything proves this is the start of this season. We left it too late & the results are there to see every week - strikers who couldn't score in a brothel.

• Options
    Sky Sports: Blackpool manager Paul Ince is pleading for the backing of club chairman Karl Oyston as he continues his pursuit to bring Luke Varney back to Bloomfield Road.

Wouldn't mind Varney back here.
  • Options
    Is this the New new one or the Old new one?
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Is this the New new one or the Old new one?

Neither
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

which are ???

All I know is that we do this season after season - leave everything until the last few days & then all the decent players have gone. Surely if anything proves this is the start of this season. We left it too late & the results are there to see every week - strikers who couldn't score in a brothel.

No we don't. When we had money we spent it early. But we've not had money since we won League 1.

Siad it before and I'll say it again. More likely to see some strikers after 7 February.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Are you insinuating that he is on his way out Oggy?
    No, not all, Kiwi - more like there's behind the scenes stuff that still needs sorting before CP gets the nod to sign another player (who's not from Liege).

• Options

Oggy Red said:

which are ???

No we don't. When we had money we spent it early. But we've not had money since we won League 1.

Siad it before and I'll say it again. More likely to see some strikers after 7 February.
    What about goalkeepers?
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

which are ???

Hopefully if we leave it till the last minute we'll get another Simon Church
  • Options
    We'll end up with whichever players can't make the Standard first team.

Hopefully they've got some strikers they don't rate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We'll end up with whichever players can't make the Standard first team.

Hopefully they've got some strikers they don't rate!

Like the Iranian we've been linked with you mean?
  • Options
    Chalobah has gone back to Chelsea from Notts Forest. Would be a good signing if we could get him on loan.
  • Options
    ''strikers who couldn't score in a brothel.'' - i.e. Simon Church!
  • Options
    @DeadlineDayLive: DEAL DONE: Bradford have completed the signing of Aaron McLean from Hull City. He's signed a 2-and-a-half year deal. (Source: @hullcityteam)

That's a good signing for them
  • Options

Chalobah has gone back to Chelsea from Notts Forest. Would be a good signing if we could get him on loan.

Awesome player. He'll be going to a Prem team soon. If he joined it would be at the expense of Cousins and I don't want that

• Options

@DeadlineDayLive: DEAL DONE: Bradford have completed the signing of Aaron McLean from Hull City. He's signed a 2-and-a-half year deal. (Source: @hullcityteam)

Wow. Seems a big step down.
  • Options

Sounds a very good signing for them... He'll be class in League One and certainly replace the void left by Wells

(am slightly surprised Peterborough didnt put a bid in)
  • Options
    the only strikers we can afford are a box of swan vestas
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Sounds a very good signing for them... He'll be class in League One and certainly replace the void left by Wells

(am slightly surprised Peterborough didnt put a bid in)
    as has been written, a decent replacement for Naki Wells .. Bradford is a championship club 'in waiting' .. decent crowds, good ground, a developing team and a wonderful manager (no nastiness about PP please) .. ((:>)
  • Options
    SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 25s
    Millwall want to sign Swansea defender Jazz Richards. #millwallfc #swans