Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    vff said:

Another day passing without a striker (or strengthening in weak areas of the team).

Still awaiting any evidence that Duchalet wants Charlton to avoid relegation to League One or be anything other than a youth team / surplus player developer for Liege.

All will be revealed in the "Meet the Board" interview later ....not!
  • Options
    Hull City striker Nick Proschwitz leaves the Premier League side for Championship outfit Barnsley in a loan switch until the end of the season.

The German, 27, has made just two substitute appearances in the top flight this season.

• Options
    edited January 2014

Hull City striker Nick Proschwitz leaves the Premier League side for Championship outfit Barnsley in a loan switch until the end of the season.

The German, 27, has made just two substitute appearances in the top flight this season.

Is it just me or does it seem that every one of the sides around us in the division have signed decent quality strikers over the past week or so?
  • Options

vff said:

Another day passing without a striker (or strengthening in weak areas of the team).

Still awaiting any evidence that Duchalet wants Charlton to avoid relegation to League One or be anything other than a youth team / surplus player developer for Liege.

All will be revealed in the "Meet the Board" interview later ....not!
    Agreed. Doubt we will get anything apart from general nice sounding noises with little content.

What really counts is action taken. Stewart out and Smith gone. Solly not looking in great shape. AA in who may be Ok and a goalkeeper. No contracts renewed. Manager's position up in the air.

No strikers in or any player in to address specific weakness in team. I read that Duchalet wouldn't just buy the club to let Charlton be relegated but who knows what the plan is. Maybe some sketch of it today.

Charlton fans can only go on actions taken. The rest is opinion, hope and guesswork.

• Options
    Happy to see evidence of Duchalet strengthening the club sufficiently to stay in the Championship. Other teams are moving forward, Charlton's team so far is arguably weaker than than at the beginning of January.
  • Options

Is it just me or does it seem that every one of the sides around us in the division have signed decent quality strikers over the past week or so?
    Patience... We're just waiting for the results of Messi's medical... rumours are that we're reluctant to sign him after his recent Hamstring injury
  • Options
    missed out on Iwelumo, going to St Johnstone.
  • Options
    Missed out on Josh McEachran as well gone to Wigan on loan
  • Options

Frazer Richardson is out of favour at Middlesbrough and a proposed move to Blackpool has been put on hold due to the sacking of Paul Ince.
    Would be good to see him back.

agreed .. given Solly's injury and that Wilson is much more effective in midfield than at right back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Miller just signed for Yeovil....Another one gone! http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Miller just signed for Yeovil....Another one gone! http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Roland needs to pull his finger out and quick otherwise we are going down, everybody around us is strengthening there squads, and we have lost Stewart and smith.....

• Options
    Another club that will not be after Jackson.
  • Options
    Just when you think that it's all going well :-( still I live in hope
  • Options

No whatya mean but only time will tell whether they've signed 'decent quality strikers'. i think we were reasonably happy when The Vicar and Marvellous were signed in August but now.............
  • Options

I feel certain that substantial bids are in for premiership quality strikers. FACT

but NOT bids from CAFC
  • Options

I feel certain that substantial bids are in for premiership quality strikers. FACT

but NOT bids from CAFC
    D'oh

• Options
    From Powells latest interview (see @NewsShopperSprt) doesn't sound like we are any nearer any signings in the immediate future. more likely to be last minute deals, which doesn't fill me with confidence.
  • Options
    I'm not going to panic just yet i still have a feeling that things will be OK
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't worry, I'm sure Standard Liege have a 16 year old that will solve all our problems.
  • Options
    If Simeon Jackson were to be a Free Transfer (i.e. his German club may not want a fee) would we be able to sign him outside of the Transfer Window or does the Free Transfer rule only apply to players without a club at all?
  • Options

If he's contracted to the German club, we can only sign him permanently in the window.

Otherwise we can sign him on 'emergency loan' (i.e. 93 days duration) when the loan window re-opens in February.

To sign him permanently outside of the window, his present club would have to first cancel his contract, thus making him a free agent.

• Options

Missed out on Josh McEachran as well gone to Wigan on loan

Were we in for him then?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    so, out of the bottom 5 teams, Millwall, Yeovil, Donny & Barnsley have all brought in a striker, whereas we are still sitting on our hands. Its not as if we are blessed up-front..............a bit like Keira Knightly.
  • Options
    Powell press conference:

On Jackson:

"I’m glad we are being linked with forwards because we do need a player in that area and that will allow me to maybe let Joe Pigott go out and get some valuable learning. He is a good player, he is a goal scorer and sort of ticks the boxes of what I’m after but at this present time it is not imminent, it is not someone who I think will be coming here. We are looking at a number of players. We are not anywhere near finalising anything with anyone so I’ll have to see if I can get him... I want it happen before the 31st for sure."

• Options
    For god sake!
  • Options

Powell press conference:

On Jackson:

"I’m glad we are being linked with forwards because we do need a player in that area and that will allow me to maybe let Joe Pigott go out and get some valuable learning. He is a good player, he is a goal scorer and sort of ticks the boxes of what I’m after but at this present time it is not imminent, it is not someone who I think will be coming here. We are looking at a number of players. We are not anywhere near finalising anything with anyone so I’ll have to see if I can get him... I want it happen before the 31st for sure."

Reminiscent of that interview a while back, when someone told CP that Ricardo Fuller was available.

"Is he?", replied CP as he gazed out into the blue yonder.

Two days later, Fuller was signed.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Similar to the answer he gave when questioned about Fuller 18 months ago....

(Oggy got there before me!)
  • Options
    its 8 days away not months 8 days to wait for the right players, we are still not super cash rich and powell has to prove his worth to RD the next 7 days chill folks