Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    markmc68 said:

Sorry vff. I thought it was funny at the time. Koc goodwillie and waghorne.

s'ok. Went over my head completely, and posters got a good laugh out of it. I hadn't realised that the Koc humour had penetrated this thread in lieu of any actual transfer activity happening.

• Options
    edited January 2014

Billy Sharp signs on loan for Doncaster.

Bollocks

That's a disaster IMO. Quality striker.
    Agree with this, not many strikers in the division are better than him imo.
    We never learn, do we. at the last minute will not bring success as all the decent players will be gone. If anything shows this its last summer..........didn't bring anyone in until it was too late & the results speak for themselves. #
    l
    i'm not blaming anyone in particular, and I realise that there has been a takeover , but surely we should have been talking to agents etc since December & once the takeover went through had players lined up. I don't believe Simeon Jackson was someone we have been tracking and reckon we have now reached panic stations & looking for whoever is available.

• Options
    Still time to hijack Mata from Utd.
  • Options

Bollocks

A disaster is something like a massive oil spill that decimates the environment, or the nuclear plant in Japan that went into meltdown.

This just irks a little.
    Get a life
  • Options

Bollocks

A disaster is something like a massive oil spill that decimates the environment, or the nuclear plant in Japan that went into meltdown.

This just irks a little.
    Get a life
    Technically he has a life as if he had no life he wouldn't exist and therefore be able to correct the non-literal use of words and expressions on a message board in the style of Mr.Logic

Yours
    Irked of Brighton

• Options
    Swisdom said:

PopIcon said:

madadd said:

PopIcon said:

I think its very significant that RD is here this week

He's not here, RM is in Belgium.
    He is here this week

Interesting. That's not what I heard. I'll say no more.
    There is a photo of him in Richard Murrays office. Surely that suggests he's here
    CGI, they are all holograms
  • Options

Swisdom said:

PopIcon said:

madadd said:

PopIcon said:

I think its very significant that RD is here this week

He's not here, RM is in Belgium.
    He is here this week

Interesting. That's not what I heard. I'll say no more.
    There is a photo of him in Richard Murrays office. Surely that suggests he's here
    Does the interview have to be today - could they not have conducted it earlier in the week or even last week & just broadcast it now ??? I'm assuming there is no fan participation (I don't subscribe to cafc player so I have no idea what they are doing) so it doesn't have to be live , does it ???
    Why would Iain Liddle say on the official Twitter feed "I've just finished filming an interview" if it was filmed days ago?
  • Options

Bollocks

This just irks a little.
    Get a life

Dear. Oh. Dear.
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

RM is in Belgium

Wait, so Duchatalet is in England, and Murray has gone to Belgium? Or are they all in Belgium and our chairman's office has relocated too? Or is he actually here but some people want us to believe he isn't?
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

missed out on Scotland who has gone to Scotland, Hamilton Accies in fact.

Och Aye The Nooooooooooo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    Neither here nor there....
  • Options
    TEL said:

Neither here nor there....

That about sums up our season so far TEL!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    They seek him here... They seek him there... His belt is brown..His hair is square.. Hes in london town.. To replace the last two clowns.. He can make or break us but hes got to buy the best coz hes a dedicated football club owner..
  • Options
    From Cawley on Twitter -

Two papers claiming Celtic boss Neil Lennon at Oxford tie earlier this week - one reckons looking at Michael Morrison, other saying Yann K.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) January 23, 2014

Know for a fact that Kermorgant wants assurances over Chris Powell's future before he will discuss his own situation.

Interesting thing with Morrison is that he can sign pre-contract with teams outside England.

• Options
    Tough call celtic.. Playing in front of 50k fans a week if lucky 5/6 champions league games 4 games v rangers the rest of the league are gillingham at best or staying here... And trying to build somthing with the possibilty of west ham and fulham joining us next term would be great plus he will prob be given the armband jj club captain morrow team captain with solly vice captain.
  • Options

#cafc owner Duchatelet in London and due to meet boss Chris Powell. Plenty to discuss - transfers, contracts + chocolates in the press room.

• Options
    If Yann is waiting on assurances on Powells future before talking contracts then we might be stuffed. I can't see SCP getting offered anything until the seasons end. Rock and a hard place.
  • Options
    Best thing for RD is to give CP a new improved 18 month contract now, just to save time and a set date for a review (say June).
  • Options
    I am getting worried that we are not going to sign a striker. Donny got Sharp, Millwall got Campbell. Feels like we're being left behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ..unless we get Jackson...?
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial: CP, on transfers: I hope to bring some players in. We certainly need it, but the players have been excellent. #pressday (IL) #cafc
  • Options
    edited January 2014

@CAFCofficial: CP, on transfers: I hope to bring some players in. We certainly need it, but the players have been excellent. #pressday (IL) #cafc

Its the hope that kills you.

Cant believe I'm gonna say this, but i agree with Golfie. Something needs to be sorted on the striker front a bit sharpish. Huge game away at Doncaster on Tuesday, and a new face upfront would be good preparation.
  • Options

. Something needs to be sorted on the striker front a bit sharpish. Huge game away at Doncaster on Tuesday, and a new face upfront would be good preparation.

Maybe that's why they're bringing my bro in... :-)

• Options

Cant believe I'm gonna say this, but i agree with Golfie. Something needs to be sorted on the striker front a bit sharpish. Huge game away at Doncaster on Tuesday, and a new face upfront would be good preparation.
    Now we are playing in the cup Sat the away game to Donny has become bigger. They play Blackpool Sat so in effect a win would put them 3 points clear of us and push us into the bottom 3. That will mean we need to beat them just to draw level on points, a win for them would put them 6 points clear of us.

We will all be Blackpool fans on Sat
  • Options
    come on blackpool come on blackpool!! ince senior has gone so hopefully pool can do us a favour
  • Options
    uie2 said:

come on blackpool come on blackpool!! ince senior has gone so hopefully pool can do us a favour

sorry! and back to the rumours mill
  • Options

Now we are playing in the cup Sat the away game to Donny has become bigger. They play Blackpool Sat so in effect a win would put them 3 points clear of us and push us into the bottom 3. That will mean we need to beat them just to draw level on points, a win for them would put them 6 points clear of us.

We will all be Blackpool fans on Sat

Or would we ?

I'd like more teams pulled into the relegation dog fight.

A bit like I believe the Birmingham V Yeovil result was okay for us,I can see Blackpool getting sucked into the relegation mire.Currently we have a game in hand on the Seasiders and they are only 8 points ahead of us.

This is why I think a draw would be the ideal outcome even though it would ( hopefully only ) temporarily put us in the bottom three.
  • Options
    JT said:

. Something needs to be sorted on the striker front a bit sharpish. Huge game away at Doncaster on Tuesday, and a new face upfront would be good preparation.

Maybe that's why they're bringing my bro in... :-)

Your Brothers Gary Goals?
  • Options
    Another day passing without a striker (or strengthening in weak areas of the team).

Still awaiting any evidence that Duchalet wants Charlton to avoid relegation to League One or be anything other than a youth team / surplus player developer for Liege.