Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options

If Yann goes then we are well & truly f**ked.

I do admire the way some posters carrying on saying trust CP, he knows what he's doing, deals take time etc etc - all the while other managers & clubs are actually signing players and not waiting for the 31st Jan to see who is left in the bargain bucket.

And you think, you realy honestly think, that Chris is not signing players by choice?

You think he could sign any number of players now but can't be bothered to sign the paperwork?

HE WANTS TO SIGN THEM but for 18 months he's been working with next to no money so has to wait until everyone else has done their shopping and then pick up what's left.

• Options
    For what it is worth, this is my 55th season watching Charlton and during that time I have seen us relegated a number of times. Sadly, this season has the feel of being a relegation season. A lack of goals, no natural goalscorer, and the absence of a leader on the pitch who the rest of the team would run through a brick wall for, and a lack of leadership off the field. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I see division one beckoning.
  • Options
    Some people think football is like football manager....unfortunately it isnt!
  • Options
    its dragged on a bit but we will end up with players
    and when we do there will be something else to worry about, do not fret
  • Options
    Any news on the Belgium beer yet. Far more important.
  • Options

Some people think football is like football manager....unfortunately it isnt!

You mean to say the titles I've won in England, Brazil, the United States and Australia (all without leaving my home) mean nothing??? :'-(
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Been quite an uninspiring takeover so far. Just a pitch cover and plenty of keepers

It IS Charlton though mate. What did we all expect, a brand new squad of slumming Premiership quality players introduced to the euphoric Valley crowd through a row of Filipino pole dancing girls firing ping balls from their front bottoms?

We should be used to being underwhelmed by now surely...

Most boring takeover on record = check
    ;0)

• Options
    Jack Barmby [Manchester United - Hartlepool] Loan
    Gary Dicker [Rochdale - Crawley] Free
    Fraser Fyvie [Wigan - Shrewsbury] Loan
    Chris Iwelumo [Scunthorpe - St Johnstone] Free
    Anthony Jeffrey [Arsenal - Wycombe] Free
    Darren Jones [Shrewsbury - AFC Wimbledon] Free
    Josh McEachran [Chelsea - Wigan] Loan
    Ishmael Miller [Nottingham Forest - Yeovil] Loan
    Kaid Mohamed [Port Vale - Bristol Rovers] Loan
    Lee Molyneux [Crewe - Accrington] Loan
    Luke Norris [Brentford - Dagenham] Loan
    Nick Proschwitz [Hull - Barnsley] Loan
    Adam Reach [Middlesbrough - Bradford] Loan
    Gabriel Reuben [Kilmarnock - Waasland-Beveren] Free
    Adam Rooney [Oldham - Aberdeen] Free
    Kelle Roos [Nuneaton - Derby] Undisclosed
    Richard Smallwood [Middlesbrough - Rotherham] Loan
    Michael Smith [Charlton - Swindon] Undisclosed
    Luke Williams [Middlesbrough - Hartlepool] Loan
  • Options

and just because others are signing players like sharp and the fella from hull, we may not of wanted any of them in the first place

Not sure why people are so hung up on a striker we've never heard of

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    exactly swisdom , I want new faces and quality in as much as anyone else on here but I don't get the panic
  • Options
    It is about getting the right players for us, we do need them asap but hopefully panic buys are a thing of the past.

AAAAAAAARRRRGGGHH!
  • Options
    25 pages in and the majority of posts are irrelevant for "transfer rumours". It get's frustrating shifting through 100+ new posts for just chit chat.
  • Options

exactly swisdom , I want new faces and quality in as much as anyone else on here but I don't get the panic

Panic is what we do best.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    We signed an 18year old Belgian today alothough do not know his name. Also SCP had a long meeting today with RD at the valley to discuss contracts, players etc
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

We signed an 18year old Belgian today alothough do not know his name. Also SCP had a long meeting today with RD at the valley to discuss contracts, players etc

About bleedin' time
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Koc or someone else

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Is this from the same mate who Thuram told about him having to play? : - )

Think the 18 Belgian might just be the one mentioned on the various sites and Richard Cawley tweeted this morning about Powell meeting RD

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stephens would be a huge loss at the moment.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:
    Depends on what they offer. If it is anything like the £2.5m they were rumored to be talking about last year, we would have to take it. We could do a lot of good to this team with that kind of money.
  • Options
    we promised him that if he put it in and earn the move he can go if the right offer comes in so its not a surprise
  • Options
    What is that site? Looks a bit amatuer
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Today my son and I spent the day at the training ground curtesy of PL54. Upon arriving SCP was walking out the building and got in his car and left, we were informed that he was off to a meeting at the valley with RD and may not return. Part of the day was a tour of the building with Keith peacock, upon entering mr parks office a question was asked by another visitor about transfers and he replied that he had just finished the paperwork for an 18yr old midfielder from Belgium. There was others in the room that also heard this information.
  • Options
    Stephens is younger than 26 isn't he? Thought he was 23 or 24....
  • Options
    There was also a question and answers at the end with dale and Jordan cook he was asked if there was anymore interest from villa to which he replied he believed that was now dead n buried.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    smiffyboy said:

Today my son and I spent the day at the training ground curtesy of PL54. Upon arriving SCP was walking out the building and got in his car and left, we were informed that he was off to a meeting at the valley with RD and may not return. Part of the day was a tour of the building with Keith peacock, upon entering mr parks office a question was asked by another visitor about transfers and he replied that he had just finished the paperwork for an 18yr old midfielder from Belgium. There was others in the room that also heard this information.

mate you don't need to justify anything , it was a heads up that you gave that's all, well done fella

• Options

Stephens is younger than 26 isn't he? Thought he was 23 or 24....

He was when he joined us.

• Options
    not that we will ever know the fee but 500k is the max we'd get in my opinion.