Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    Dizzle said:

Max Gradel's wiki has changed to say that he now plays for us.

I know that anyone can change wiki though

Probably someone on here... We haven't got a hope in hell of getting Gradel.
  • Options
    It now says he plays for crystal palace.
  • Options
    Two items on the Sky Newsline about ex players who are mentioned in this thread.http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

We understand that Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is expected to secure a move away from the Emirates before the close of the transfer window with several Premier League and Sky Bet Championship sides courting his signature.

We understand that Ipswich Town are set to sign Middlesbrough defender Fraizer Richardson on loan.

• Options
    I see the last two Gradel Wiki edits were made from Ilford and Croydon. I wouldn't place any weight on either of them.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Pappoe

Played for our U21s today

Passes the height test
  • Options

Passes the height test

Sounds very injury prone from that and the report on the match thread. Sounds like just our type of player!
  • Options
    West Ham bid for Ross McCormack
  • Options

still 4 days till then VG half of the window, who knows what can happen, powell never tells the truth on transfers , we could be an hr away from signing someone

I'd probably chalk off tomorrow as we will be travelling up to Hudders, Saturday as we have a game, Monday as we are travelling up to Donny. So that leaves Sunday.

Im not panicking, i have faith in CP, but i would feel a lot more comfortable knowing the absolute truth.
    does this mean that 'we' will soon have the pleasure of your company up north ?
  • Options
    Would be happy with Gradel, has this rumour just came from the football rumours site or is it a proper rumour?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I think it's just someone's idea of what we should be looking for and because he's recently been playing in the champ and has Leicester connections have put 2 & 2 together and made 9....then posted it on FR.
  • Options

Passes the height test

"On 31 October 2013, Pappoe's loan at Colchester was terminated due to his opportunities being limited".

Chelsea evidently require their loan players to start matches.
    Or has he been on trial with us because he's soon out of contract at Chelsea?

• Options
    R.E The Gradel rumour: That twitter feed (@DeadlineDay) is normally pretty reliable to be fair. Endorsed by lots of journalists, including some from Sky Sports. Their must be something in it.
  • Options

This window is about as eventful as a wet week-end in Antwerp
  • Options
    Anyone would think that we're at risk of relegation, in need of striker reinforcements, with 19 out of 26 player contracts ending in the Summer, some of our better players possibly leaving, most of our relegation rivals having strengthened their squads, a turnip field for a pitch and the transfer window closing in a few days time.

This is Charlton what do you expect?
  • Options
    Jermain Pennant released from Stoke. Worth a punt?
  • Options

Anyone would think that we're at risk of relegation, in need of striker reinforcements, with 19 out of 26 player contracts ending in the Summer, some of our better players possibly leaving, most of our relegation rivals having strengthened their squads, a turnip field for a pitch and the transfer window closing in a few days time.

I expect better VM. I posted up the 4-2 victory against Arsenal on the meet the board thread. Charlton had an excellent team then and terrific blend of youth, bite and creativity. Not fixing the drainage withstanding the club was well run. It is not that long ago.

I want my football experience on a Saturday to help my week not make me miserable due to a dire performance. Charlton can be better and with some investment in quality, Charlton would be pushing for the top 6. Charlton fans should be expecting better, I know we don't always get that but Charlton fans should not be satisfied with mediocrity and nor should the club.

Not sure Duchalet's strategy is going to get us there in the future. Time will tell - PR interviews are easy. The interim 'maintain championship status' plan does not seem to have got off the ground yet.

• Options

What do you think of Ducalet / Miere so far VM ? What do you think of the interview ?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Redrobo said:

I have a punt left over from an old Ireland trip. He can have that if he wants! ;-)
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Redrobo said:

I have a punt left over from an old Ireland trip. He can have that if he wants! ;-)
    No way we could afford his wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TelMc32 said:

Redrobo said:

No way we could afford his wages.
    Probably 40k!
  • Options
    I don't think he would be a CP type of player - not only has his attitude been questioned in the past, he would want a skip full of cash that we don't have. In any case, I just don't think that he is the type of player that you need in a relegation scrap.
  • Options
    @VFF, as many have said I will judge the new owner by his actions not words. On this basis there's nothing to get excited about so far but I accept it's still very early.

A win today and a couple of decent attacking signings next week could give us momentum. All seems very flat at the minute though. What happens over the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the owner's priorities and where Charlton sit in the RD club pecking order.

Let's just say that my low expectations have not been exceeded so far.
  • Options
    Should be looking at Alex Pritchard, he's apparently available for 500k from Spurs.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I don't think he would be a CP type of player - not only has his attitude been questioned in the past, he would want a skip full of cash that we don't have. In any case, I just don't think that he is the type of player that you need in a relegation scrap.

Wasn't he Jerome Thomas' best mate back a while - clubbing, parties, high life?

On the other hand, maybe he's grown up a bit now.
  • Options
    Would love to see Max Gradel, can play both wings I think? He became bit of a FM legend for me last year
  • Options
    @johncrossmirror: Wolves, Ipswich, Leeds, Charlton and Bournemouth all watching developments on Peterborough's transfer listed striker Lee Tomlin.
  • Options
    Would love us to sign Tomlin
  • Options

Would love us to sign Tomlin

Would love us to sign any forward
  • Options
    Agree would like Tomlin.