Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    In that case, where's Pawell Abbott??
  • Options
    Bring back Benson
  • Options
    I don't think we are going to sign anyone we've ever heard of.
  • Options
    Tomlin has scored for Peterborough today
  • Options
    Unless they are going to,or leaving, the Emirates then John cross wouldn't have a bloody scooby!
  • Options

Tomlin has scored for Peterborough today

And now he's been sent off

• Options
    Tomlin sent off.
  • Options
    That's Tomlin's third red card this season. Can't see him going anywhere with a long ban awaiting him.
  • Options
    No rumours, but would like Bakary Sako on loan.
  • Options
    He was pony against the gills last month.. Kevin doyle is mustard tho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    My wish list.

RB to cover Solly's injury.My suggestion Adam Smith from Spurs.
    CB to cover Cort's injury .Tal Ben Haim from Liege.If we get TBH he could also cover RB

MF If we sell Stephens or even if we don't then I would like Owen Garvan from the Nigels.
    Ideally a left footed winger Jeffrey Schlupp from Leicester and maybe also the right footed Max Gradel to replace Cameron Stewart.

ST Simeon Jackson / Harry Kane / Chris Wood
  • Options
    Latest FR

25 Jan 2014 14:11:49
    Walsall are expected to complete the signing of Jon Stead on loan until the end of season from Huddersfield, walsall are hoping to complete the deal on Monday.

Dean Smith also wants to bring in Jordan Cook from Charlton on loan and hopes to get that deal done next week
  • Options
    Richard J said:

My wish list.

RB to cover Solly's injury.My suggestion Adam Smith from Spurs.
    CB to cover Cort's injury .Tal Ben Haim from Liege.If we get TBH he could also cover RB

MF If we sell Stephens or even if we don't then I would like Owen Garvan from the Nigels.
    Ideally a left footed winger Jeffrey Schlupp from Leicester and maybe also the right footed Max Gradel to replace Cameron Stewart.

ST Simeon Jackson / Harry Kane / Chris Wood

Ackworth alert!!!!
  • Options
    Celtic manager looking at Wolves striker ater 'hitting the buffers with other targets'. Looks like Yann not going there then. Good.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Latest FR

25 Jan 2014 14:11:49

Dean Smith also wants to bring in Jordan Cook from Charlton on loan and hopes to get that deal done next week

Jordan Cook had a very successful loan spell at Walsall 3 years ago, if I remember.
    Was highly thought of there.
  • Options
    What's wrong with Yann ?
  • Options

What's wrong with Yann ?

I hope it's not transferitis
  • Options

This window is about as eventful as a wet week-end in Antwerp

We used to say the same about Huddersfield!

• Options
    Fryatt on loan to end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Source?
  • Options

Would be happy with that. It that a genuine statement or just your wish ?

• Options

Source?
    Just saw his goals today and would be amazed if we got him what with Danny graham off form. May get a chance now from the bench at Hull.
  • Options

Would be happy with that. It that a genuine statement or just your wish ?

Me too. He has a good scoring record. Just the sort of player we need right now.
  • Options
    This should be the hottest thread on the board yet I've just had to rescue it from danger of dropping off the first page. Shameful and worrying.
  • Options

This should be the hottest thread on the board yet I've just had to rescue it from danger of dropping off the first page. Shameful and worrying.

Agree this is the first thread I look for , what is the current state of play?

Is Max Gradel just a rubbish FR rumour I got quite enthused by him and the SCP connection and his South London connections gave me hope even though it was FR.

Likewise is the Matty Fryatt rumour wishful thinking? He played yesterday but that was only against Southend,Hull loaned him earlier this season to the Massives,so I think this is possible but maybe one that might have to wait until the temporary loan window.

Who will be the last 2 Liege loans?I think it would be good to have 1 for the temporary window for any emergencies.

• Options
    Another waste of a transfer thread like the others before getting very worried now
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    Hopefully we will hear of confirmed signings and movement on player / manager contracts over the next week / or failing that some decent emergency loans from the premiership in the emergency loan window. Prefer to hear confirmed signings / properly arranged loans rather than rumours of decent players that don't happen or wish lists of players that ain't got a chance of happening.

If we strenthen sufficiently to stay in the championship, I will start to feel more confident about the mid term future. It has been a few years since I have felt like that with Charlton. If Charlton remain in the Champs, what with some of the other teams losses, bar the parachute payments the Championship playing field may be a bit more level. First things first, Charlton have to stay in the Championship.

Lets see what the next 2 weeks bring.
  • Options
    Yep quite worrying, Roland hasn't spent £20 million to see us relegated but the lack of movement is strange.

St Etienne are away today, not sure if Gradel plays much for them but if he doesn't make the bench then maybe there is something to the rumours.
  • Options
    As a club we tend to do our business quietly - probably because we don't want to encourage any competition as we can't fight it off. Let's stay cool. I'm sure there will be some movement in but it will probably be someone we haven't even thought of yet.