Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    Standerd have confirmed koc deal until end of the season
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

Standerd have confirmed koc deal until end of the season

Koc tease
  • Options

its 8 days away not months 8 days to wait for the right players, we are still not super cash rich and powell has to prove his worth to RD the next 7 days chill folks

Big game Tuesday though, and i would like to have gone there with someone better than Church to play with Kermogant.
    Don't worry VG, Marvin's back :-0
  • Options
    And Simon Church likes playing against Doncaster. Two goals in 135 minutes so far this season!!
  • Options
    still 4 days till then VG half of the window, who knows what can happen, powell never tells the truth on transfers , we could be an hr away from signing someone
  • Options
    I saw Marvin last night in Bromley
  • Options
    Disappointed that Miller has gone to Yeovil for the rest of the season and we are not seen to be doing much in the way of a loan striker. Can't see us getting Simeon Jackson, hope I'm wrong. We are leaving this much too late!
  • Options
    doesn't sound good, would have hoped for a couple of decent additions by now.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

still 4 days till then VG half of the window, who knows what can happen, powell never tells the truth on transfers , we could be an hr away from signing someone

I'd probably chalk off tomorrow as we will be travelling up to Hudders, Saturday as we have a game, Monday as we are travelling up to Donny. So that leaves Sunday.

Im not panicking, i have faith in CP, but i would feel a lot more comfortable knowing the absolute truth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Powell press conference:

On Jackson:

"I’m glad we are being linked with forwards because we do need a player in that area and that will allow me to maybe let Joe Pigott go out and get some valuable learning. He is a good player, he is a goal scorer and sort of ticks the boxes of what I’m after but at this present time it is not imminent, it is not someone who I think will be coming here. We are looking at a number of players. We are not anywhere near finalising anything with anyone so I’ll have to see if I can get him... I want it happen before the 31st for sure."

Reminiscent of that interview a while back, when someone told CP that Ricardo Fuller was available.

"Is he?", replied CP as he gazed out into the blue yonder.

Two days later, Fuller was signed.

Very.
  • Options
    that's if powely hasn't spoken to who he wants already and the rest is in the hands of others VG you know the mgr highlights who he wants , talks to the player once or twice only then doesn't get involved till its done
  • Options
    something tells me NLA and his balls know something!
  • Options

nla knows nothing, just like Nathan Jones ;-)

• Options

nla knows nothing, just like Nathan Jones ;-)

AAAAAAAARRRGGH!
  • Options
    nope I don't and that's honest,

I just think that it is so blatently obvious we are in need of several players that something must be going on behind the scenes, with smith moving on and others to follow (that bit I am aware of)

there is only 8 days left of the window and deals take time,

the jim white transfer deadline is not a true reflection of how a player actually moves to a club ,

things will happen soon , some in some out , remember if yann goes that may change who we look at so there are other things to be considered
  • Options
    The usual drama going on here. Patience.
  • Options
    loads more posts no more rumours :(
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    here is a rumour for you :

apparently there will be a definate rumour sometime tomorrow

hope this helps
  • Options
    Celtic have been linked with Leigh Griffiths, hopefully they will get him instead of Yann.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If Yann goes then we are well & truly f**ked.

I do admire the way some posters carrying on saying trust CP, he knows what he's doing, deals take time etc etc - all the while other managers & clubs are actually signing players and not waiting for the 31st Jan to see who is left in the bargain bucket.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If we lose Yann we lose (possibly) my favourite player to have ever put on the red shirt of Charlton.

Like I said earlier in this thread I'll be gutted if he were to leave.
  • Options

I do admire the way some posters carrying on saying trust CP, he knows what he's doing, deals take time etc etc - all the while other managers & clubs are actually signing players and not waiting for the 31st Jan to see who is left in the bargain bucket.

Yeah the manager just delves into the kitty and sorts out all the transfers himself. Yep, that's how football works. I don't think Powell even wants to strengthen the squad. I reckon he's just lazy and can't really be bothered to make signings like the other managers are. Sort it out Powell.

• Options
    Been quite an uninspiring takeover so far. Just a pitch cover and plenty of keepers
  • Options
    so golfie we go out and spunk the majority of the budget on someone to play off yann, the next day yann goes then what ??

however if yann has been told that if he wants to go he has until this x day to decide if not he can leave in the summer for free or re sign but not before ,

theres loads of things that impact and influence the next few days business

and just because others are signing players like sharp and the fella from hull, we may not of wanted any of them in the first place
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I reckon I stopped thinking like that when I was about 14 years old :-)