Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fist-gnawingly annoying adverts

Comments

• Options
    Any Injury Lawyers for You type ads
  • Options
    Gladstone brooks

Banks have set a side billions in compensation for miss sold PPI

fuck off you bellends!
  • Options
    I don't think I have ever knowingly bought something on basis of an advert.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The only useful adverts out there are the onces advertising up and coming programmes
  • Options
    Any 'Nivea for Men' advert, utterly sickening.
  • Options
    The underdog one with the squeaky joe bloke
  • Options
    I had some of that social media amplification once - it tasted jsut like chicken.
  • Options
    ALL adverts are fist-gnawingly annoying. I would even say they are an evil form of brainwashing.
    They are brilliant, funny, clever, annoying, memorable and so on, but essentially I think they are mainly evil.
    The exceptions are those that are simply about information.
  • Options
    Ok let's put it this way. If you launched a new product, or started a new business, how would you tell people about it? Would you cross your fingers and hope for the best or do something about it?
  • Options
    Whoever came up with the Go Compare adverts deserves a life prison sentence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here is another way of looking at anyone who may generalise advertising. I do a lot of work with the DOH. Stroke awareness, Stoptober was one of ours, various cancer awareness campaigns. In that instance advertising can save lives (and certainly wouldn't involve a fat opera singer!)
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Ok let's put it this way. If you launched a new product, or started a new business, how would you tell people about it? Would you cross your fingers and hope for the best or do something about it?

No, you would employ a decent PR company and Advertising agency and at least brighten potential and non customers' lives with humour, class, foxy chicks/blokes or style.
    You cant please all the people all the time but christ, the posts above detail some utter dross, irritating in the extreme to millions and just little, never-ending drops of negativity/annoyance in our daily lives.

Love the Aldi ads though.
    Even specsavers at a push.
    Hamlet.
    Nimble.
    Original shake n vac

• Options

damo information is one thing, but sticking actors in white coats to pretend that a product is trustworthy, using pva glue instead of milk, pinning clothes unseen so the hang better and the other tricks of the trade are not trustworthy things.
    Most adverts are after our money, not about presenting information.
  • Options
    The adverts for a particular future program that come on in the middle of the same program that you are watching
  • Options

The adverts for a particular future program that come on in the middle of the same program that you are watching

including MOTD ... thank God for Sky+

• Options
    I Sky + everything (apart from live sport) so I thankfully skip past the adverts. There are so many that are utter shite,though very occasionally they manage whether by luck or judgment ( I think luck personally) to produce a good one. This is then killed by overusing it!
  • Options
    Beauty cream adverts where the 'examples' are always 18-21 year old models. Laughable at best.
  • Options
    The 118 adverts, cringe worthy!
  • Options
    I like Brian the robot.
  • Options
    Adverts that think they are national treasures. Yeah the John Lewis snowman and the present the year before was good but then to actually advertise the advert for this year ( which was pretty crap IMO ) to try and make it an event in its own right is rubbish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That bald feller in the shorts shouting in the Virgin Holidays advert while the rest of his family sing.
  • Options
    Just Eat ads on Dave with the transvestite chefs. WTF are they about, and current Thompson one depicting the bloke as an ogre. Complete poop.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    MrOneLung said:

if anything adverts have helped me decide that there is no way I will buy from that company/bank with it etc.

the Halifax choir ads led me to think you are not dealing with my money strategically and in a manner of benefit to me if all the fucking cashiers are congregating together in a room and belting out "I Want To Know What Love Is".

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Whoever came up with the Go Compare adverts deserves a life prison sentence.

True. But GoCompare would not agree with you. Their brand is now very well recognised, which is the whole point.

More than anything else I hate hearing the MacDonald's whistle.
  • Options
    No matter your view on advertising, hopefully anyone who saw the lego ad break on dancing on ice was impressed. Very clever way of promoting a film whilst getting some media costs back from the likes of premier inn and confused.com.
  • Options
    Santander ads with millionaires being paid millions to tell you that they will pay you pennies for depositing your cash with them.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Adverts that think they are national treasures. Yeah the John Lewis snowman and the present the year before was good but then to actually advertise the advert for this year ( which was pretty crap IMO ) to try and make it an event in its own right is rubbish.

Totally agree with this. The most recent John Lewis Christmas advert was just stinky.
  • Options
    Hotels 4 U. What on earth?
  • Options
    The one where insufferably smug people walk up to the camera and say " Voyage prive"
  • Options
    The oneandone.co.uk web design adverts. When did it become de rigeur to get people with speech impediments to do voiceovers? I half expect the bloke to bweak into 'cwying' or the 'gween gween gwass of home'.