Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fist-gnawingly annoying adverts

Comments

• Options
    The TSB advert that they have regurgitated with the annoying whistling song while some Scottish bird tells you how they will save you thousands.
    Lying Bastards
  • Options
    What about the annoying Scottish tw@t who used to say the Co-op was Gyoood with Fyoood. Am I the only one who doesn't want to constantly her Scottish accents in adverts? Talk about over-representation!
  • Options
    All of them - a tax on the public.

everything I buy, I pay extra to go towards their advertising budget.
  • Options
    Vanorama....as infuriating as the old 'we buy any car' song.

I have to mute the tv when it comes on.

Every van of the company needs all its tyres slashed so it might mean there is no money in the budget for advertising due to replacing them all.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    MrOneLung said:

Better than paying more to make up for lost sales that effective advertising can generate for a business.

And maybe the salaries for the thousands of people that can be employed by a large corporation will come above their advertising budget? Advertising budgets get cut before jobs from my experience.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

what a load of rubbish.
  • Options
    That bank advert with the guy claiming he always wanted more...like more gold stars on his homework (he even giggles).

Such a souless advert.

The best advert in recent times is the Kronenberg one with Eric but even that is getting a tad annoying.
  • Options
    Anything with a celeb in it, do they really use the product that they promote?
  • Options
    The Lidl Christmas one with all those "real" people sitting round the table.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The paypal advert, telling us that "people rule" in a desperate attempt to pretend they aren't a scummy thieving collection of leeches on day to day commerce but are in fact a kind of idealism-driven alternative to debit cards. Bastards. Bastards bastards bastards bastards.
  • Options
    What's the TV advert with the woman in the purple dress, who spots another woman in the same dress, so alters her necklace and walks past her and mimics to the other one to do the same? Wtf is all that about? She looks so smug as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Edited on grounds of bad taste.
  • Options
    That 'effin' wiggle, wiggle, wiggle one, think it might be Go Compare, with the american gym instructor, so irritating and why the American accent?
  • Options
    The new John Lewis advert, brings on nausea and an urge eat an entire multi pack of penguins whilst running my coal fired blast furnace and spraying non cfc friendly sprays - thus melting the ice cap and getting rid of the waddling pointless c**nts.
  • Options

The new John Lewis advert, brings on nausea and an urge eat an entire multi pack of penguins whilst running my coal fired blast furnace and spraying non cfc friendly sprays - thus melting the ice cap and getting rid of the waddling pointless c**nts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T__UsjPFp4I
  • Options
    A sponser but nonetheless grating:

"Oh the print cartridges have arrived" 10 times every single England game.....
  • Options

Eating penguins? There goes the veggie cred down the khazi.

• Options
    Carphone Warehouse with the half song, half speaking ad. "Scrimp-a-diddy-dee-doodoo-da" or whatever that idiot is saying. Makes me want to rip his voicebox out.
  • Options
    The Halifax ones make me angry. In fact any of the banks that try to project an image of giving a shit in any way, shape or form towards their customers.

And any advert that has an 80's song being sung almost a capella by a bird. Think someone on here called it being katie melua'd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Primelocation one with some plummy voiced old c nut saying "it's your prize for missing weekend after weekend to build up the business....juggling school plays"

Just fook off.
  • Options

A sponser but nonetheless grating:

"Oh the print cartridges have arrived" 10 times every single England game.....

Cannot stand those adverts.

That guy is a total bell.
  • Options
    I still struggle to reconcile Bill Hicks's genius "if you're in advertising or marketing, go kill yourself. No I'm not joking, go suck a tailpipe..." shtick with Prague Addick's vote Valley Party works of genius I have on my office wall.

It's almost like there's some shades of grey in there.
  • Options

What's the TV advert with the woman in the purple dress, who spots another woman in the same dress, so alters her necklace and walks past her and mimics to the other one to do the same? Wtf is all that about? She looks so smug as well.

The first woman has the dress on back to front.
  • Options

You are not alone: thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/john-lewis-advert-condones-penguin-sex-trafficking-2014110692534
  • Options
    I've coped quite well with the Famous Grouse adverts in the past. But that latest beardy wonker - "The famous Chris" is really beginning to wind me up now.
  • Options

The Hive adverts. What. The. Actual. Fuck.

How do people come up with this shit and think 'annoying' helps to sell products?

I think this scene plays out at least ten times a day in 'creative' agencies...
    A bunch of hipster Shoreditch bell-ends sitting round brainstorming their creative visions for a spiffing new ad campaign. They're all completely stumped, when suddenly one snaps his fingers:

"I've got it!" We'll get some really shit animation that looks like a ten year old did it in Flash 5, some tuneless with a ukelele warbling 'ironic' poetry over the top of it, and have it bookended by Dizzee Rascal/Tinie Tempah/Dopey Wankah proselytising about it".

"By Jove Atticus, I think you've got something there..."

Advertising. For those with truly no talent whatsoever.

Absolutely not true.
  • Options

The Hive adverts. What. The. Actual. Fuck.

How do people come up with this shit and think 'annoying' helps to sell products?

I think this scene plays out at least ten times a day in 'creative' agencies...
    A bunch of hipster Shoreditch bell-ends sitting round brainstorming their creative visions for a spiffing new ad campaign. They're all completely stumped, when suddenly one snaps his fingers:

"I've got it!" We'll get some really shit animation that looks like a ten year old did it in Flash 5, some tuneless with a ukelele warbling 'ironic' poetry over the top of it, and have it bookended by Dizzee Rascal/Tinie Tempah/Dopey Wankah proselytising about it".

"By Jove Atticus, I think you've got something there..."

Advertising. For those with truly no talent whatsoever.

Saying advertising is for the talentless is an absurd statement.

Yes there some highly irritating ad's (The Hive one, Vanorma to name two), but even them work to an extent in that we are now aware of the product they want us to be.

However there are some ad's which are truly genius and require a great deal of talent to create, most of the Guiness ad's being just one example of outstanding adverts.
  • Options
    Now I'm living in an Arabic country, We don't see the ads you lot see, in fact we can't understand the ads here because they're all in Arabic, so we just tune them out BUT - there's one ad here that drives me mental - other UAE residents will probably know it.
    It's for fanta and it focuses on something called "Fanta Masters" which I gather is some games console competition or something. It stars a bunch of young, possibly trendy fellows pretending to balance a fucking bottle of fanta on their heads and shit like that whilst playing playstation and the bloke with the voiceover bellows out in a ridiculously over excited voice:
    FANTAMASTERS!!!!!BIBBITYBIBBITYBIBBITYFACEBOOKDOTCOMSLASHFANTAMIDDLEEAST!!!!

(I don't know what he's saying in the middle, but it sounds like bibbity to me!)

I honestly don't know why I can't just ignore this ad like all the rest, but it makes me want to cut my eyes out and stuff them in my ears.