Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who do you want in the next round of the cup? (ed. Sheff W away)

Comments

• What would be the 3 most depressing/uninspiring draws

Sheff Wed/Utd - Charlton
    Wigan - Charlton
    Hull - Charlton

That'll be us that will...
  • Anyone at home or a London away game... really want a winnable tie so we can have a crack at the 6th round
  • smsm
    edited January 2014
    Oakster said:

What would be the 3 most depressing/uninspiring draws

Sheff Wed/Utd - Charlton
    Wigan - Charlton
    Hull - Charlton

That'll be us that will...

You forgot Preston v Charlton - nailed on certainty really knowing our luck!
  • Everton away if they win.
  • Something on Valentines day please.
  • The stripey nigels but wigan beat us to it.
  • CAFC are ball no4 in tomorrows draw
  • Chelsea or Stoke City away (pref Stoke)
  • Anyone at home will do me or if not a big boy away for the revenue. Pls not Sheffield Weds or Hull or Wigan or some such Club away.
  • Liverpool away
    Brighton away
    Southampton away

Nightmare would be Wigan away after going there two weeks prior.

Wednesday away is always fun in the cup mind ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• would like Chelsea at home and cover the pitch with sand without telling them,remember when they did that to us
  • According to my calculations if both Sheff u and Preston fail to progress we will be the lowest ranked team left in round 5! (assuming we dont overtake the massives in the meantime!)
  • I'm probably alone on this one but wouldn't mind Fulham again, great away day last time (apart from result), I think since then we are better & they are worse.

Premier team no shame if we lose but realistic chance of a win.
  • Hull or Cardiff at The Valley if possible.....both prem teams we could beat and move to 6th round.
  • Everton at home be good
    (if they beat Stevenage of course?)
  • The lowest ranked team left in the competition please. at home.

We could be the lowest ranked team left!!

• It would be great to draw Man City, Liverpool, Everton (assuming they progress) or Arsenal but I'll settle for avoiding an away tie against Championship opposition. Wigan is certainly the specific one to avoid - a poor gate with low receipts (I see that, as Cup holders, they got less than 10,000 today. I know it's Palace but all the same.... ).

Will definitely go to the game whoever we get. There is also a reasonable chance of a new ground for me if we are second out of the proverbial hat.
  • Woolwich Arsenal Rejects or City at home please. Morrison would have Aguero in his pocket. Ozil no chance against Cousins either.
  • Because of Chelsea vs Stoke, there won't be 12 PL teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why have I got this great feeling we have a chance of going all the way and to possibly win the cup? Am I an idiot deluded fool.
  • edited January 2014
    Fulham, ez, then again they may not win

if Fulham lose then Southampton
  • Dave2l said:

Why have I got this great feeling we have a chance of going all the way and to possibly win the cup? Am I an idiot deluded fool.

The men with white coats are on their way.

• cfgs said:

Will get Wigan or Wednesday away so what I want is irrelevant (plum tie at home would be good though).

Both very winnable

• edited January 2014
    The Arse at home. Nice to see the valley sold out. Can't wait for Wengers excuses about the pitch when we stuff them.
  • I don't know how it works, but presumably a big team at home would bring us TV revenue as well
  • A London home tie or Liverpool away
  • It's almost certain we'd be on TV if we got one of City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool.
  • Arsenal at The Valley
  • The latest odds are: 100-1 Arsenal at home. Evens, Swansea or Cardiff away. Three-to-one on, the Wendies at The Valley (drawn), followed by defeat at Hillsborough to please Operation Pig.