Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who do you want in the next round of the cup? (ed. Sheff W away)

Comments

• Options
    Want any home game or a 3:00pm Saturday away game. Understand the benefits TV revenue could bring though. Cardiff would be the only new ground for me, so not really bothered.
  • Options
    At home to lowest ranked team left; realistic chance of last 8 and maximise revenue for the club.
  • Options
    Palarse or Man U away, oh sorry not possible, but we are still in there - seriously Fulham at home
  • Options
    Away to the wendies as I've already booked hotels and trains for what was to be a Leeds away day weekend.

At least I can wear my CAFC shirt with pride at the Adelaide ODI and hopefully celebrate our victory with another supporter down under!

COYRs
  • Options
    Arsenal away and the money is great in round 3 but when we are 2 games from Wembley and chuff like Millwall can get there then it's hard not to get carried away

Wigan at home, price it right, get 20,000 in and let's have a go
  • Options
    Wigan away .....

Like today , only the real fruitbat Charlton lunatic society will be in attendance , none of this glory boy stuff , save that for the quarters, semi and final
  • Options
    For years I've been going to Everton once a year with a good friend who has a season ticket complete with hospitality lunch. He comes to Charlton now and again with me. We have always hoped that Everton and Charlton would be drawn together in the cup. My friend died just before Christmas. What's the odds we get Everton?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The more I think about it, the more I want a winnable one. Forest/Preston at home would give a great chance of making the quarters. From there we're one upset away from a semi final at Wembley. Brilliant.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

For years I've been going to Everton once a year with a good friend who has a season ticket complete with hospitality lunch. He comes to Charlton now and again with me. We have always hoped that Everton and Charlton would be drawn together in the cup. My friend died just before Christmas. What's the odds we get Everton?

Very sorry to hear about your friend SB, Condolences. Similar situation myself - when ever we have played Everton I have sat in JS with a good mate, would like them away - but really want Arsenal and 9,000 away fans at their place

Whoever it is, wherever it is - I am going
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Basically the worst team possible at home or the biggest team possible away
  • Options
    I think it will be home to BHA
  • Options

Sorry to hear that SB but it has reminded me that on holiday this year we met a nice couple and the guy was a big Evertonian. Turned out he was the sitting MP for Anglesey and we said when our teams next meet we'd have to sort tickets out for one another and go together. We are still in touch and I hope we draw Everton now.
  • Options
    if we get a team like city,liverpool,arsenal or chelesea (if they win) away could we proudly say us Charlton fans have been to there stadium more than most of there so called 'fans'?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Five out of eight matches are televised live and 10 or 11 of the 15 potential opponents are Premier League clubs. I would think the odds of our game being televised are about 50-50, given that Arsenal and Man City will be on live whoever they play and there are only 4/5 potential draws we could have that would definitely not be shown.
  • Options

Five out of eight matches are televised live and 10 or 11 of the 15 potential opponents are Premier League clubs. I would think the odds of our game being televised are about 50-50, given that Arsenal and Man City will be on live whoever they play and there are only 4/5 potential draws we could have that would definitely not be shown.

Probably get Sheffield Wednesday or Sheffield Utd (providing they get through) away......this has been a difficult season with few highlights. Come on those little black balls, pair us up with a glamour tie
  • Options
    Manchester City at the Valley and then back to the EatmyHat velodrome for a replay and a win
  • Options
    Man City at home.
  • Options

If we are going to win it any year it'll be this year as I'm on holiday for the final...wibble, wibble...nurse!!!

You called m'lord?
  • Options
    Could we move it to another weekend? Best friend down from Dundee so now hoping for home or London away game or won't be able to go. :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Chelsea away. Wwe will av a right old laugh down there don't you worry about that
  • Options
    Heart says a Premiershiop side for the big possiblity of TV broadcast but head says Championship or lower...
  • Options
    If its away then a premier league ground we haven't been to in years as its going to be difficult in any away tie and it would be nice for us to go out with a few memories of a piss up and a laugh and generally not giving a fuck.

If we are at home i would like a very winnable tie. The thought of getting to a QF (yes a QF, wtf?) really would make it a better season.

• Options
    If it's a tier 2 away then it proves the good lord is a Scumwall fan! If so I'm converting over Islam as he supports Citeh!
  • Options
    Home to Arsenal - the pitch will be a great leveller :)
  • Options

Home to Arsenal - the pitch will be a great leveller :)

Not if they still had Kanu!
  • Options
    Brighton or Forest (If they win the replay) @ Home
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    JonnyK said:

If it's a tier 2 away then it proves the good lord is a Scumwall fan! If so I'm converting over Islam as he supports Citeh!

Only acceptable second tier away game might be Brighton.
  • Options
    Obviously I would like a televised game, which would have to be a home game against one of the top Premiership sides ( although away to Man City or Arsenal would probably be on, as Airman said ). Second choice would be beating a championship club at home, and then we would be guaranteed a live game in the quarter finals. So it's bound to be an unlucky 1-0 defeat away to Sheff Weds then...