Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who do you want in the next round of the cup? (ed. Sheff W away)

Comments

• Options
    Fulham/Sheff Utd at home would be good. Bring baby Bent back to the Valley, if Utd cause an upset then a very winnable home tie...
  • Options
    Oh - and Sod's law, the first time we are in the bag for round five in ages, and I am picking up a mate from the airport at half five. And to add insult to injury, he's a bloody spanner...
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Oh - and Sod's law, the first time we are in the bag for round five in ages, and I am picking up a mate from the airport at half five. And to add insult to injury, he's a bloody spanner...

Do you not have one of them fancy new cars with a radio?
  • Options
    Everton away, best mate lives in Scouseland and is a mad Evertonian and Ryanair do a regular service from Limoges (where I now live) to John Lennon airport.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Do you not have one of them fancy new cars with a radio?
    Sadly the signal from Radio 5 does not quite cover the Algarve mate... :-D
    Hahaha. What an idiot. I'll get me coat.
  • Options
    Have to admit an away trip to Merseyside getting to sing the Harry Lennon song ("He's better than John") wouldnt be bad lol!
  • Options
    I've been a big fan of Everton this season so wouldn't mind them at home or away.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Chelsea away. Wwe will av a right old laugh down there don't you worry about that
  • Options
    It'll be Everton away on the Friday night for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes please! Friday night is the only one I'd be able to get to. :-(
  • Options

Wouldn't mind that, had some great nights in Liverpool

• Options
    In order of pref..
    1) Chels,Arse,Liv,Citeh or Soton away.
    2) Brighton away
    3) Anybody else at home.
  • Options
    I'd actually take wigan at home/away and hope for a qtr final game with one of the big boys.
  • Options

Five out of eight matches are televised live and 10 or 11 of the 15 potential opponents are Premier League clubs. I would think the odds of our game being televised are about 50-50, given that Arsenal and Man City will be on live whoever they play and there are only 4/5 potential draws we could have that would definitely not be shown.

Five out of eight? Over half the fixtures are televised live, i believe you but it sounds quite alot.

• Options
    edited January 2014

Five out of eight matches are televised live and 10 or 11 of the 15 potential opponents are Premier League clubs. I would think the odds of our game being televised are about 50-50, given that Arsenal and Man City will be on live whoever they play and there are only 4/5 potential draws we could have that would definitely not be shown.

Five out of eight? Over half the fixtures are televised live, i believe you but it sounds quite alot.

Friday or Monday night, early Saturday, late Saturday and Sunday double header. Possibility of six being televised(??) but that's unlikely.

Just did a randomly generated draw (what a loser...) and this is what came out. Eight dud games:

Nottingham Forest/Preston NE v Sunderland
    Wigan Athletic v Charlton Athletic
    Southampton v Manchester City
    Liverpool v Cardiff City
    Everton v Hull City
    Sheffield United/Fulham v Arsenal
    Chelsea/Stoke v Brighton
    Swansea v Sheffield Wednesday

Neutrals will be looking for a Liverpool derby, Wales derby, Sheffield derby, Wigan vs City, Poyet going back to Brighton and Arsenal vs Chelsea.
  • Options
    Arsenal
  • Options

Friday or Monday night, early Saturday, late Saturday and Sunday double header. Possibility of six being televised(??) but that's unlikely.

Just did a randomly generated draw (what a loser...) and this is what came out. Eight dud games:

Nottingham Forest/Preston NE v Sunderland
    Wigan Athletic v Charlton Athletic
    Southampton v Manchester City
    Liverpool v Cardiff City
    Everton v Hull City
    Sheffield United/Fulham v Arsenal
    Chelsea/Stoke v Brighton
    Swansea v Sheffield Wednesday
    That is poor lol, just checked last year in the 5th round...5 games were live on ESPN/ITV (6 including replay).
  • Options
    If it has to be a championship team I'd rather it be away, with no pressure like yesterday.
  • Options

Arsenal

Thinking about an away trip to Arsenal, i wonder how much it would provide in revenue?

Assuming it was on TV and a 50,000 crowd - wouldnt that mean a million pound game for us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Home game against anyone
  • Options
    wouldn't be unhappy with away at Citeh/Wigan, a Sheff team or Hull - i'd already got travel booked to Yorkshire, though for family reason s originally (honestly...just coincidence we were away at Leeds..)
  • Options
    Chelsea at home, eventually we win on pens, Mourinho claims not a loss as pens don't count in that regard...deja vu
  • Options
    I would like Southampton next, home or away. Then ideally, the winners of Wednesday v United from steel city.
    The Southampton bloke rested players, and they did not turn out in numbers yesterday, so that kind of attitude would give us a chance.
  • Options
    Arsenal, sister lives 10 minutes from the ground and she's dating a gooner. Plus I'm sure roland will appreciate the extra money.
  • Options

Arsenal

Thinking about an away trip to Arsenal, i wonder how much it would provide in revenue?

Assuming it was on TV and a 50,000 crowd - wouldnt that mean a million pound game for us?
    No, not when FA and stadium costs are taken out of the split of gate money.
  • Options
    Wednesday v United in front of 40k at Hillsboro'
  • Options

Arsenal

No, not when FA and stadium costs are taken out of the split of gate money.
    Could well be a £1m game, depending on pricing, capacity is 60,000
  • Options
    Southampton away please...