Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tal Ben Haim

Comments

• Options
    anyone know a Pompey fan whose opinion of Ben Haim they can ask?
  • Options
    All the clubs fault. He did nothing wrong in my view.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

anyone know a Pompey fan whose opinion of Ben Haim they can ask?

Plenty of 'Arry Boy' fans on here, someone's bound to have his phone number . Or what about that SSN reporter bloke who always gets him to wind his car window down on transfer deadline day :-)
  • Options
    it's official: The Valley is the dumping ground for useless washouts from Standard. Can't think of anybody worst than TBH.
  • Options
    Noooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Confirmed from several other sources on twitter
  • Options
  • Options
    T said:

Confirmed from several other sources on twitter

Could only find that one. Any other followers you could point me in the direction of?

Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

it's official: The Valley is the dumping ground for useless washouts from Standard. Can't think of anybody worst than TBH.

Danny Seabourne, before arguing back can i remind you of the two times (in the same match) where he swung and missed a dropping high ball, which then hit his standing leg and went off for a throw on.
    Good positioning though and if in doubt he put it out :-)
  • Options
    I'm probably the only one who actually thinks this is a good signing.
  • Options
    I suspect @richardj has just spontaneously combusted! He was bamging this blokes drum for months!
  • Options

No. He has a proven pedigree in English football. Wouldnt necessarily have him as first choice, but think he could be good back up for Morro / ANO. Lennon as 4th choice, and Gomez (who is only just 17 for crying out loud) being able to develop a bit.
  • Options
    The thing that worries me is that he is 32, and barely played a game since the 2011-12 season.
  • Options
    He was a decent player. Got a lot of bad press for the Pompey shenanigans and seemed keen to just take the money rather than play but without knowing the details it's all conjecture.

From what I recall he was solid though - probably an improvement on Richard Wood and a pretty decent mentor for the young guns.
  • Options
    Hope this is a joke.
  • Options
    'probably an improvement on Richard Wood and a pretty decent mentor for the young guns.'

Agree with that comment.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Good experienced player to help out Gomez and Lennon ex Chelsea and man city played in Europe I won't be writing him off just yet.

The only place Iv seen it though is from
    Someone with 22 followers .
  • Options

I can't see any reason why it should be an especially bad one. Big clubs paid big money for him not so long ago, he's a seasoned international, he knows the English leagues. What's so wrong?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will wait and see until I've seen him play.
  • Options
    Getting rid of Dervite, Wood, Cort to get this man in epitomises the downfall of the network to me, RD already pays his wages so it is essentially a free transfer to us, can't bang TBH's drum after watching him several times live, him and Gomez, disaster waiting to happen if Morro gets injured. Experienced, old, aging and quite frankly shite to put it nicely and inexperienced, with a hell of potential if played in the right way, aka not thrown in the deep end. Don't want to see this man starting for us, but I'm not going to boo anyone or hate any of our players.
  • Options
    If you go on twitter and search his name, minus any # or @, then see when he is mentioned. Two Israeli journalists have also tweeted he has signed for a year. After the other account though.
  • Options
    Not sure why getting grief for asking for his wages.

More concerned with how crap he is.
    He won't be cheap either.
  • Options
    Distressing signing.....didn't know he was at Leige.

Who next....Joey Barton?
  • Options

Distressing signing.....didn't know he was at Leige.

Who next....Joey Barton?

Really? Come on.
  • Options
    Great signing. Now IF it is the ONLY signing before we k/o the season...

Get a grip CL
  • Options
    Does not excite me but i simply don't get the hysteria from some over this signing if it is even true.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I want to repeat something I've said (too often) before. We are not a feeder club, that is accepted, and we must not use that phrase in a muddled way.

However there is a lot, a great deal of, loads of even, of evidence that we are going to basically be a reserve team, or a convalescence centre, or a rehabilitation place, or a holding pen for players to get their fitness up, or make their stats look better WITH LITTLE OR NO REGARD AS TO THE RESULTS ACHIEVED BY CHARLTON ATHLETIC. As in if we scrape by and stay up that is enough.

I hope to goodness I am wrong, I really do hope to goodness I am wrong but I have heard on the quiet that results don't matter compared with the stuff I have written above, and then there is the actual evidence of what we know has taken place.
    Vetokele and PP are on long contracts so the value of the player is the resource to be deployed by RD.... they are essentially parked at Charlton.

PP himself, and Reza, and Astrid...and Loic, and Anil, and Thuram could all be said to have been sent to us for their benefit, not for our benefit, and Ben Haim is cluttering up the place at Liege so might as well park him over here.

I hope to goodness I am wrong, but no way are we a feeder club for the teams in the network, no way at all based on the evidence, but we are going to be a player farm/rehabilitation clinic/holding pen so that money can be generated from individual player development rather than team success.