Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Avram Grant being linked again

Comments

• Options
    If we need a Director of Football - and I am not sure why we would - there has to be better out there than Avram Grant. The guy was a disaster at West Ham & has been out of the English game for nearly 3 years. What is more I am sure his experience in England is solely Premier League level - what is he going to bring to the table to a club loaded to the gunnels with untested imports & in danger of slipping serenely under the waves into L1.

If we need one give me a Director of Football who knows the Championship inside out & also someone who is going to help if we do end up in L1.

• Options
    Would be great news for the local Thai massage parlours.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Oggy Red said:

Wasn't Dowie appointed here as Head CoachCock?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Wasn't Dowie appointed here as Dick Head Coach?

Fixed that for you Oggster :-)
  • Options
    Cheers, Chaser ...... never been much good at spelling!
  • Options

Would be great news for the local Thai massage parlours.

But there's the rub...

None near The Valley.

• Options
    If he does come, what's his exit strategy?
  • Options
    What's his goalscoring record like?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Off_it said:

If he does come, what's his exit strategy?

'Stage left'............or was that Snagglepuss?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I thought Katrien was brought in to take care of the contracts / business side of things? I know nothing about her other than she seems an intelligent person and got a good vibe from the meet the board video but I would prerfer her over Avram all day long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tosser - done nothing anywhere he's been that wasnt created by someone else.
    Biiiiiiiig mistake if he comes in.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Wasn't Dowie appointed here as Head Coach?

I thought he was the scarecrow brought in to keep the birds off Paddy's pitch. He certainly looked like one!

• Options
    edited January 2014

Oggy Red said:

Wasn't Dowie appointed here as Head Coach?

I thought he was the scarecrow brought in to keep the birds off Paddy's pitch. He certainly looked like one!

Bring him back pdq then it's just been reseeded.
    Edit, All the hot air he generates would also save on the cost of keeping the dome inflated.
  • Options
    1. He's a toad
    2. Regularly attends "massage parlour"
    3. He managed Chelsea
    4. Relegated west ham
    5. Up himself, most likely un-professional twat.
    6. No Charlton connection whatsoever

Snap him up for that famous director of football role...why not.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Richard Murray always sold our players for peanuts.

I wouldn't put RM in that role and I'm sure that's not the intention, but he didn't get peanuts for Darren Bent or Scott Parker (if indeed he was responsible) . . .
  • Options
    Would have liked Curbs here as D of F.
  • Options
    His cv looks quite good
    Runner up Champions league, Premiership, League cup (with Chelsea) runner up FA Cup (with Pompey)
  • Options
    With all of these players that CP appears to have been given to work with, I can only see it ending in tears. Don't think Phil Chapple has much of a future at the club now if AG is on the way.
  • Options
    Doesn't RD do a lot of work with Israeli agents? And isn't Avram Grant Israeli?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2014
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie JR I have been told that before where has that info come from I can't find it
  • Options
    I remember reading something on the takeover thread about it and he employed an Israeli manager at liege
  • Options
    I am thinking that if Roland is serious about Avram Grant, it would be as a Director of Football across his group of Clubs, with an overall role if you like becoming the Director of Roland's Football Division. He would be tasked with building contacts internationally, not only looking at players but also watching and reporting the changing needs and trends as football grows across the World. If you like a move by Roland to treat football as a serious business, remembering that he is basically as very successful business man.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

1. He's a toad
    2. Regularly attends "massage parlour"
    3. He managed Chelsea
    4. Relegated west ham
    5. Up himself, most likely un-professional twat.
    6. No Charlton connection whatsoever

Snap him up for that famous director of football role...why not.

Relegated with Pompey as well.
  • Options
    I'm getting a vibe that his appointment may not be universally welcomed.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I'm getting a vibe that his appointment may not be universally welcomed.

Firstly, we don't know whether it will actually lead to an apppointment.

Secondly, the reaction on here is actually more positive than i thought it would be, certainly in my eyes.

In football terms, i think the bloke is a joke in comparison to our needs. He seems to continually pick up work through Pini Zahavi and his Israeli connections, and has been a complete disaster in every spell in English football bar a short period when he took over the team at Chelsea and they won the Champions League that season. Seeing how it appeared John Terry was leading the team that season, i don't give Grant a huge amount of credit for it. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/grants-silence-is-deafening-as-ramos-outwits-puzzled-one-786911.html

On a wider point, i've yet to see any evidence of a DoF role working successfully, particularly not at a lowly 2nd tier team. Despite Grant's seeming desire to work in the Championship due to the number of clubs he got relegated to it, I can't see he would have the right knowledge of lower league English football.

And i've also not seen too many successes when a load of players, particularly from a variety of different cultures, are thrown at a manager like is currently happening now.

Tonights game is starting to feel momentuous.

• Options
    edited January 2014

Redrobo said:

a complete disaster in every spell in English football bar a short period when he took over the team at Chelsea and they won the Champions League

He got Jose's team to the final but they lost on pens to Man Utd
  • Options
    I think the goal keeper selection tonight will tell us a little more. If Alnwick is dropped after the game he had up at Huddersfield in favour of Thuram then personally I think CP is not alone in picking the team.

If this is the case he cannot be happy!

• Options
    No way Alnwick will be dropped whatsoever
  • Options

No way Alnwick will be dropped whatsoever

you are more confident on that front than I am