Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Avram Grant being linked again

Comments

• Options
    Cheers greenie . I am of the opinion we don't need anyone in that role

• Options

Cheers greenie . I am of the opinion we don't need anyone in that role

Me and you both mate
  • Options
    Terrible option. It will be the end of CP in very short time and then we are doomed. AG led West Ham with Parker and Ba to the last place with his style doing nothing and hoping that the players will win somehow. It worked for him in Chelsea though.
  • Options
    would rather use the money it would cost for Avram Grant to be DOF on another player,and I don't mean loan player,i mean buy a player we could call our own
  • Options
    The Director of Football system has worked relatively well at Reading with Nick Hammond. However, he was already at the club in another capacity (coach, then Youth Academy director) before taking the DoF role, and so was working closely with key personnel before. A comparative example would be if Paul Hart was promoted to the role.

Avram Grant coming in would be a different proposition - and I'm not sure it would be a particularly good one either.
  • Options
    Please don't mention that name Oggy. I come out in a cold sweat just thinking about it.
  • Options
    Would prefer Andrew Mills. Proper Charlton.
  • Options
    tricky said:

The Director of Football system has worked relatively well at Reading with Nick Hammond. However, he was already at the club in another capacity (coach, then Youth Academy director) before taking the DoF role, and so was working closely with key personnel before. A comparative example would be if Paul Hart was promoted to the role.

Avram Grant coming in would be a different proposition - and I'm not sure it would be a particularly good one either.

Good point. The sporting director at Standard seems to have come thru a similar route having been the assistant manager/coach and then Sporting Director.

The rumours of Grant and Pini Zahavi being seen around the Club could be about them trying to buy and sell players from/to RD and CP and not necessarily mean AG will be a sporting director.

I don't expect the Club to respond to every rumour or reveal business dealings while they are in progress but more clarity and information on just what the business plan is, what the staffing will be, what the plans are for the Valley and the Academy and how CAFC will work with the other "farm" clubs would be welcome.

The "meet the board" video was a good starter, now can we have the main course.
  • Options
    The Director of Football role at Charlton would be easy.

RD - 'hey DOF, what are your plans to generate success for the club?'
    DOF - 'will just trust CP to get it right - I now resign, my job is done'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please no Roland , a nice new hit the ground scoring goals striker please.
  • Options
    Hope it happens, if only for the seethe it would generate here
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If we assume that the manager has help with signing players (something that I've read Varney used to do and something that I suspect Jimenez) was involved in someone needs to do that - irrespective as to their job title.

I doubt that RD is going to do it, it doesn't look like it will be RM's job so unless Katrien Meire is going to do it there does seem to be a vacancy. Grant has been involved in football for a long time and may be able to bring something to the table.

Either way I'm not sure it's a good use of Powell's time for him to deal with other clubs Directors, the player's agents and all his hangers on when he is needed to coach and train the players.
  • Options
    Richard Murray always sold our players for peanuts.

I wouldn't put RM in that role and I'm sure that's not the intention, but he didn't get peanuts for Darren Bent or Scott Parker (if indeed he was responsible) . . .
    I should have said Shelvey and Jenkinson.

• Options

I wouldn't put RM in that role and I'm sure that's not the intention, but he didn't get peanuts for Darren Bent or Scott Parker (if indeed he was responsible) . . .
    I should have said Shelvey and Jenkinson.

Jenkonson was sold after the TJ and MS takeover as the myth was his sale funded the League 1 championship team. It didn't, Kevin Cash did.

Shelvey? Maybe but there were a lot of sell ons
  • Options
    Couldn't resist posting this one although I'm sure most of you have already seen it before:
    http://youtu.be/4MOGzkn9WxI
  • Options

If we assume that the manager has help with signing players (something that I've read Varney used to do and something that I suspect Jimenez) was involved in someone needs to do that - irrespective as to their job title.

I doubt that RD is going to do it, it doesn't look like it will be RM's job so unless Katrien Meire is going to do it there does seem to be a vacancy. Grant has been involved in football for a long time and may be able to bring something to the table.

Either way I'm not sure it's a good use of Powell's time for him to deal with other clubs Directors, the player's agents and all his hangers on when he is needed to coach and train the players.

Prothero.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Tonights game is starting to feel momentuous.

• Options
    Play Grant up front --looks like we stand more chance of that than actually getting anyone good .
  • Options
    Avram Grant is joining SkySports in the studio.

Guess it confirms he's in England for some reason...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Avram Grant is joining SkySports in the studio.

Guess it confirms he's in England for some reason...

Yeah. To be interviewed by Skysports ;-)
  • Options
    He's in the UK a lot
  • Options
    He is in sth london alot
  • Options
    edited January 2014

He is in sth london alot

He likes the massage parlours

• Options

Lee Bowyer £3m
    Scott Parker £10m
    Darren Bent £16m
    Claus Jensen & Jonatan Johansson both £1m after they were clapped out and barely played again
    Mark Kinsella £1m after his knees went completely
    Paul Konchesky £1.5m
    Shaun Newton £1m long after he was even vaguley useful
    Danny Mills £4.1m
    Carl Jenkinson £1m as an inexperienced kid
    Carl Leaburn £300,000 ffs
    thems some mighty big peanuts
    never let the facts get in the way of blind furious witless hate fueled prejudice and idiocy
    just sayin

• Options
    Just saying

What has what I said got to do with hate fuelled prejudice and idiocy ?

I accept that when you point out the facts [ if they are the correct figures and most are undisclosed } I was wrong although I still

think Shelvey and Jenkinson were sold too cheaply.
  • Options
    Didn't RM buy Cory Gibbs in the time gap between Curbs and Dowie ?
  • Options
    RanTooFar said:

No way Alnwick will be dropped whatsoever

Lol
    ha, well I was right. Didn't realise the consequences though !!