Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Options

It's his first good game for the club

Other than when he maybe should have had a couple in his first match against Wigan or Leeds when he grabbed the winner.

He's taken time to settle with us but has always shown glimses of what he did today.

I liked how he didnt get stroppy either when Jackson berated him in the 2nd Half (Not sure what it was for though, maybe because he didnt commit a foul on the Wednesday breakaway sooner)
  • Options
    Deserved his standing ovation. He ran his socks off as they all did.
  • Options
    Out of contract in June. Cue another unknown forward unused to the English game who will take a season to bed in.
  • Options

Out of contract in June. Cue another unknown forward unused to the English game who will take a season to bed in.

Begin talks with him now then
  • Options
    He's been out for a while but now he's getting fit.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

He's been out for a while but now he's getting fit.

And only now getting used to the British game. More to come I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best game I have seen from him. Always thought he was a waste of time but fair play, he was very good and tried 100% today. Maybe a contract running down is focussing his mind?
  • Options

Ssh don't let Dazzler hear you say that.

• Options

Godstone said:

Reza is underrated. He's had 2 spells with us and both times we've been in a relegation battle. People call him lightweight but he is what he is. A nippy small guy who can finish - he's never going to be a Mick Harford.

He couldn't finish a breakfast.
    He finished Sheffield Wednesday today...
  • Options

Godstone said:

Reza is underrated. He's had 2 spells with us and both times we've been in a relegation battle. People call him lightweight but he is what he is. A nippy small guy who can finish - he's never going to be a Mick Harford.

He couldn't finish a breakfast.
    Well that explains why he's lightweight then.

• Options

x <3 Just Reza <3 x
    <3<3 2 goals in 20 plays for Charlton <3<3
    <3 Reza <3 > Messi

How many minutes did he play in those games? Did he get any decent supply in those games? Reza = World Cup hero!
  • Options
    He worked really hard. Very impressed yesterday.
  • Options
    There was one moment when Reza got the ball and without looking played a diagonal ball... Makienok was instantly there to collect the ball and we almost had a chance.

Was really nice to see two of our Strikers playing telepathically like that and hopefully can continue
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Other than when he maybe should have had a couple in his first match against Wigan or Leeds when he grabbed the winner.

He's taken time to settle with us but has always shown glimses of what he did today.

I liked how he didnt get stroppy either when Jackson berated him in the 2nd Half (Not sure what it was for though, maybe because he didnt commit a foul on the Wednesday breakaway sooner)
    I don't know why people cite that Wigan at home performance. I was at Leeds away and he was dreadful apart from the goal.

Yesterday he actually looked like he had a bit of quality. Still needs to eat a few more Big Macs and strengthen up, but certainly two weeks in Birmingham (I'm going), I won't shudder when his name is read out
  • Options
    Nick get that profile pic changed
  • Options
    A striker with a bit of energy, wasn't much to ask for was it?
    Ran his socks off. Glad he scored. More of the same please.
  • Options
    Just as his contract is running out
  • Options

I don't know why people cite that Wigan at home performance. I was at Leeds away and he was dreadful apart from the goal.

Yesterday he actually looked like he had a bit of quality. Still needs to eat a few more Big Macs and strengthen up, but certainly two weeks in Birmingham (I'm going), I won't shudder when his name is read out
    He scored a stunning winner that night at Leeds and you moan that he was otherwise dreadful.....really!!!!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Bit difficult for him to show anything for us in the last year and a half.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

ross1 said:

Bit difficult for him to show anything for us in the last year and a half.
    I have to agree with you, firstly I have always rated Reza (Look at his performances for Iran in the World Cup), and have always thought a fit and up for it Reza who was played in his correct position could do well for us.
  • Options
    Think there is a lot of ability there but he just needs to decide that he wants to play here in England and everything that goes with it. Once that happens I think Reza will be a very useful player for us.