Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2015

Hopefully the re emergence of Reza will cause Watt to up his game and get back to his best form.

Play well retain the place. Reza should be lining up the next game. Watt on the subs bench. Watt needs to remember that he is not the only striker on the pitch and work on his striker partnership play. Not sure that's him though. Maybe the improved formation will help Watt as it helped Makienok and Reza. Lookman also looks a better impact sub than Watt at this stage with his pace.
  • Options

Hopefully the re emergence of Reza will cause Watt to up his game and get back to his best form.

Spot on. Wouldn't drop reza if he plays like that again. Watt needs to up his fitness levels. Watt of last season was a menace to defenders as well as scoring/creating.
    Can only be a positive.
  • Options
    Excellent game by Reza. His best for Charlton by a country mile.

The question is why ?

Why did he suddenly give a toss ?

Why did he chase everything ?

Why didn't he dive all over the shop ?

Why did he suddenly care ?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    In the Southend Friendly he didn't seem to want to warm up or be a part of it As he was only on the bench. Yet when he came on the cafc crowd gave him a good reception for the short time he was on.
    Some thing clicked in his brain that night and he realized that he could have a future at CAFC and after scoring as a sub against Colchester he has been really keen, working really hard to get back after the injury.
    The work rate for the team was superb on Saturday and starting the move for the 2nd goal and plus getting into the 6 yard box for the third.

To succeed at pro football, you need to get the mind right.
    after the WC he got above his station, Reality hit home and now he really could become a cult hero if given the chance and the Bizarre owner doesn't just get rid of him.
    Having a giant along side him has helped as well.
  • Options

Spot on. Wouldn't drop reza if he plays like that again. Watt needs to up his fitness levels. Watt of last season was a menace to defenders as well as scoring/creating.
    Can only be a positive.
    Watt is clearly not fit (for some reason) and it's good to once again have alternatives. Indeed once Igor it's fit, we'll have real competition for striker positions
  • Options

I'm no Reza fanboy by any means, but yesterday's performance was brilliant, it reminded me of his first ever Charlton game playing away to Wigan and he hit the bar from about 30 yards out and even though we lost 2-1 I thought looked really lively, just like yesterday.

A couple of other things I noticed is that he made a few fouls on their players which really halted potential danger and he closed the opposition down well too. He pretty much thrived with the formation we were in too.

Wish he was a bit stronger and perhaps stayed on his feet more but I really do hope he pushes on from this and scores a few more before his contract runs out, he could genuinely become a fan favourite.

The guy can bench over 100kg which for his size is pretty strong! (no semedo though).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm no Reza fanboy by any means, but yesterday's performance was brilliant, it reminded me of his first ever Charlton game playing away to Wigan and he hit the bar from about 30 yards out and even though we lost 2-1 I thought looked really lively, just like yesterday.

A couple of other things I noticed is that he made a few fouls on their players which really halted potential danger and he closed the opposition down well too. He pretty much thrived with the formation we were in too.

Wish he was a bit stronger and perhaps stayed on his feet more but I really do hope he pushes on from this and scores a few more before his contract runs out, he could genuinely become a fan favourite.

Love how he blatantly pushed over Loovens by the touchline, won the ball and was then disappointed he hadnt got away with it, both players had the decency to share a smile at how obvious it was before Loovens turned round to the linesman commenting that it would be the easiest decision made all game
  • Options
    Haters gonna Hate
  • Options
    We're calling him Dave... We're calling him Daaaveee
    Reza Ghoochanniejad... We're calling him Dave
  • Options

The question is why ?

Getting back to fitness and playing with better players will be part of the reason.
  • Options
    Thought he was excellent against Sheffield Wednesday. Hopefully a sign of whats to come.
  • Options

reza windmill

Love this, think I will have to use it has my display picture if that's cool.

• Options
    I wouldn't hold it against you FCF
  • Options
    I saw him up close at SL after his injury and was struck at how strong his uppr body looked, as like others had thought he appeared lightweight. His torso reminded me a bit of Robert Lee's. Well played Reza you are proving me wrong about you.
  • Options

The question is why ?

He's contract is running out, or maybe the other players have made him feel welcome, you choose
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just thought I'd bump this seeing as there are other individual threads cropping up for digging players out. Thought he had a blinder last night and is becoming one of our main threats. Getting better each game.
  • Options
    Said a few weeks ago that he could be a dark horse for Player of the Year
  • Options
    edited March 2016

@ForeverAddickted....I'm so dissapointed with you (:

In your defence he was looking ok at the time. To be fair he could still win played of the year.
  • Options
    A legend in waiting...
  • Options
    Godstone said:

A legend in waiting...

Yep, right up there with Djimi Traore and Amdy Faye.
  • Options
    I was never a fan and labelled him a fraud (causing Colin1961 to froth at the mouth.) He should have been booted out along with VazTe. As for Ricky suggesting he might be POTY, surely Roger Johnson has that spot nailed down?
  • Options

I was never a fan and labelled him a fraud (causing Colin1961 to froth at the mouth.) He should have been booted out along with VazTe. As for Ricky suggesting he might be POTY, surely Roger Johnson has that spot nailed down?

Played of the year is a player you just mentioned...Vaz Te.
  • Options

In your defence he was looking ok at the time. To be fair he could still win played of the year.
    Have I ever told you what a great CharltonLife buddy you are!!... So kind an considerate reminding me of the above comment, if I didnt know better I'd say you were deserting me for @CAFCNick1992 lol!

Now I'm off to hunt through your history for a facepalm comment :)
  • Options

Have I ever told you what a great CharltonLife buddy you are!!... So kind an considerate reminding me of the above comment, if I didnt know better I'd say you were deserting me for @CAFCNick1992 lol!

Now I'm off to hunt through your history for a facepalm comment :)
    Should imagine there are untold facepalm comments from me on here mate.

It was a very valid (slight exaggeration there) at the time re being a dark horse for POTY.