Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Au revoir Yann. Thanks for the memories!

edited January 2014 in General Charlton
Can we announce an official day of mourning on CL when the big man leaves us tomorrow to join the Cherries?

I am devastated by this news.

Comments

• Options
    Gutted as well, even more so now the fee is apparently well below the 400k suggested.
  • Options
    Tributes here please including pics and goal replays
  • Options
    Good singing for Bournemouth. Cements there championship spot.

I'm imagining Yann running out against us at the valley.
  • Options
    Unbelievable
  • Options

Turn it in. He's a player who completed less than 3 years at the club. If he's gone and got himself a decent final payday then good luck to him, but the over reaction on here is laughable.

Given the posts on the subject and opinions expressed have you considered it's your post that is laughable.
    Why is it laughable? Because it doesn't match the majority of opinions on here. I'm not having it that he's this legend that people are making him out to be.

If he's gone, then he's gone. Lets wait and see a) if he is actually gone b) whether we replace him before jumping off a bridge.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

I do find this hero worship rather sickening, he is an ordinary Championship player, he is not even a prolific scorer.

Just lucky we've got an abundance of extraordinary prolific strikers ready to step in!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just cannot believe the amount of devotion for Yann, CP and some of our other players.

We have had better players and managers leave (albeit mostly in a social media-less age) but it's not like we are going out of business.

I don't want Yann to go (especially in out current position) and ideally want Powell to stay but it's bloody football.

I was gutted when Reid left but to turn down money for an injury prone 32 year old is silly.... unless you don't replace him!

As for giving up season tickets, a main reason to give mine up, which I am not (if my finances are okay) would be the terrible footballing entertainment served up at The Valley for the past 18 months.
  • Options
    I'm still trying to get my head around what is going on - maybe things will be clearer by the weekend!
  • Options
    The only silver lining I can think of is if Yann isn't on the others will be less inclined to hoof it up top and might start passing it about a bit more
  • Options
    It isn't so much that he is leaving that gets me - nobody has died, and like others have said he has only been here a short while. I am more annoyed at the chuff we are left with and the apparent lack of replacements lined up. Seeing Simon 'every shot is a back pass' Church as our main goal threat makes me feel faint.
  • Options
    Thoughts with friends and family
  • Options
    @clemsnide because its an utterly stupid decision to let a player like that leave for nothing in comparison to what we lose in relegation to league one.

Do you really not look forward to seeing the players who are committed to the cause. You don't like to see us up against the big boys in the championship? You don't mind being in a league where us and Sheffield Utd account for half the leagues attendance figures?

Good for you, but I do. Its a joke.
  • Options
    R.I.P yann you big man...
    He's goal vs Hartlepool is a personal fav of mine!
  • Options
    We will miss Yann no doubt about it but he's not deserving of the legendary status some want to give him.

A bright spark in a pretty dark period yes but that's not enough to be a Mendonca, Parker, Rufus etc for me!

People are saying Wilson has been one of our best players this year and that's a pretty good measure of how poor we have been without taking anything away from Wilson's efforts.

A good player who has served us well is Yann but the fact its Bournemouth and not Leicester who are in for him probably suggests he is a lower champ player and by no means a legend! Wish him all the best and will certainly clap him when he's back at the valley!
  • Options
    He'll be replaced by the Iranian

Turn it in. He's a player who completed less than 3 years at the club. If he's gone and got himself a decent final payday then good luck to him, but the over reaction on here is laughable.

Given the posts on the subject and opinions expressed have you considered it's your post that is laughable.
    Why is it laughable? Because it doesn't match the majority of opinions on here. I'm not having it that he's this legend that people are making him out to be.

If he's gone, then he's gone. Lets wait and see a) if he is actually gone b) whether we replace him before jumping off a bridge.

He'll be replaced by the Iranian when what we really needed was someone playing alongside him. Don't think too many people are claiming he's a legend, merely acknowledging that he's a vital piece of this team & if you dispute that than more pity you. It seems that the fee is around 200k, that should buy an adequate replacement. See you in Division 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laughable is spending 20m on a club to then actively depreciate its value
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I do find this hero worship rather sickening, he is an ordinary Championship player, he is not even a prolific scorer.

Sorry have I missed something here???
    Who going to take his postion ?

• Options
    CBB finals on
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

He's gonna get my vote for player of the season regardless!

Then again I can understand why so many of us aren't bothered that he is going, Simon Church is much faster than him!

Forgot how church wins all the headers and the mean free kicks he takes!

• Options

I just cannot believe the amount of devotion for Yann, CP and some of our other players.

We have had better players and managers leave (albeit mostly in a social media-less age) but it's not like we are going out of business.

I don't want Yann to go (especially in out current position) and ideally want Powell to stay but it's bloody football.

I was gutted when Reid left but to turn down money for an injury prone 32 year old is silly.... unless you don't replace him!

As for giving up season tickets, a main reason to give mine up, which I am not (if my finances are okay) would be the terrible footballing entertainment served up at The Valley for the past 18 months.

Season tickets should be cheaper for league 1
    And away ticket prices
    Can't wait to stand on that lovely open concrete terrace at Exeter again!

• Options
    Very surprising lack of support for Yann by many on here. I don't think anyone's comparing with Mendonca/Rufus etc but the point is he's our best player right now and actually wants to be here. The latter point is exceptionally rare in all football these days, let alone at a (let's be frank) crap championship club with no medium term prospects. We will be much poorer off without him not just pure ability wise but for team spirit.
  • Options

He'll be replaced by the Iranian

He'll be replaced by the Iranian when what we really needed was someone playing alongside him. Don't think too many people are claiming he's a legend, merely acknowledging that he's a vital piece of this team & if you dispute that than more pity you. It seems that the fee is around 200k, that should buy an adequate replacement. See you in Division 1
    He can get the Iranian in anyway. Why would he sell one of his best players to recoup peanuts only to get relegated mad lose far more money. They would only let Yann leave if they have a replacement lined up. Otherwise they would keep him and let him leave in the summer. Reza and another will come in.
  • Options
    He does not have to sign does he?
  • Options
    why is everyone so sad, we still have simon church who averages a goal every 6 games, most of them starting. and he is fast. god... some people