Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Au revoir Yann. Thanks for the memories!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Does the LOL button mean I'm laughing at, or with people?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

That's for you to know and them to find out :-)
  • Options
    I think we all know he wasn't going to be a record goal scorer for us, however he gave 100% every time. Got kicked from pillar to post most Saturdays, putting his body on the line regularly. I will miss the big fella who is by far our best player.
    Rumour has it he turned down Celtic last year........... So maybe, just maybe.........
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    RedChaser said:

JiMMy 85 said:

That's for you to know and them to find out :-)
    Right, I'm getting on the case...

EDIT: I find that clicking LOL on an original comment, and LIKE on the counter comment seems to make the point.
  • Options

I think we all know he wasn't going to be a record goal scorer for us, however he gave 100% every time. Got kicked from pillar to post most Saturdays, putting his body on the line regularly. I will miss the big fella who is by far our best player.
    Rumour has it he turned down Celtic last year........... So maybe, just maybe.........

His exquisite touch graced games that would otherwise have remained goalless. We'll miss that more than the volume of goals.
  • Options
    Agreed, Jimmy. He does have an amazing touch and is great over a dead ball.
    We need goals urgently, as keeping a clean sheet alone is not going to keep us up.

A true pro also. I often take my kids to the training ground to watch them train and get a picture. Always the first to arrive and last to leave by all accounts.
  • Options
    Whisper it quietly but I have a feeling he's going to stay (reading this thread must have changed his mind!)
  • Options

Thoughts with friends and family

About what, exactly?
  • Options

I just cannot believe the amount of devotion for Yann, CP and some of our other players.

We have had better players and managers leave (albeit mostly in a social media-less age) but it's not like we are going out of business.

I don't want Yann to go (especially in out current position) and ideally want Powell to stay but it's bloody football.

I was gutted when Reid left but to turn down money for an injury prone 32 year old is silly.... unless you don't replace him!

As for giving up season tickets, a main reason to give mine up, which I am not (if my finances are okay) would be the terrible footballing entertainment served up at The Valley for the past 18 months.

Season tickets should be cheaper for league 1
    And away ticket prices
    Can't wait to stand on that lovely open concrete terrace at Exeter again!

Nothing wrong with Exeter and we might get more wins!
  • Options
    Yann if Rhoys is staying now you know you don't wanna move down to the retirement community in Dorset, je t'enpris reste ici a Londres, tu n'a que acheté ta maison a Greenwich et on t'aime ici a Charlton aussi ce type la Eddie Howe il est un bouffon et il pue du chou pourri et vraiment il déteste les français
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish we were at home on Saturday. Can you imagine the roar if he came running out for us?
  • Options
    To ED. Can we have a "down thumb" for comments we disagree with or dislike please?
  • Options
    Mammaries?
  • Options

Mammaries?

I think that is darren bent these days

• Options
    Is it that big a deal? I like yann. but he is not getting any younger would rather get some money than nothing when he leaves on a free. He scores the odd goal here and there granted. He is not the best striker we have had at the club by a long shot..
  • Options
    #AFCB boss Eddie Howe on Yann Kermogant: "I'm not going to talk about other clubs' players".

Howe said this earlier. The optimist in me hopes this means Yann is still very much our player.

• Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    Did anyone see the link on the link at the start ( if that makes sense) to the Daily Mail story about CP - Sounds ominous.
  • Options
    Sorry wrong thread!

• Options
    Don't go Yann, I've got a picture of you on my fireplace, your like one of the family!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IAgree said:

Did anyone see the link on the link at the start ( if that makes sense) to the Daily Mail story about CP - Sounds ominous.

Where's the link?

• Options
    Please stay Yann, you are our talisman. Midfield general role is beckoning.
  • Options
    Powerful imagery, Stig - I especially like Yann on a mountain pillar, with the CAFC badge carved in stone.