Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Au revoir Yann. Thanks for the memories!

Comments

• Options
    Je ne comprends pas.
  • Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6h3DZDsBI4

Special moment for me. He turned that game on its head and got CAFC to 101 points, breaking the record. I will miss you Yann, certainly won't enjoy my Charlton as much without you.
  • Options
    Yann made a great impression and I will miss him a great deal. Bon chance mon ami!
  • Options
    He really epitomised what we'd been missing from Charlton players over the years. A great character, a joy to watch, and really gave a shit.

Absolutely gutted. As said in a previous thread, all we needed was a bit of investment at the start of this season. What's happened to this club is just such a waste - what might have been.

Hope he reads this thread - good luck Yann.
  • Options
    Bet this will do wonders for team morale. Good luck Yann. Today we were relegated.
  • Options
    Gutted to lose you.

It was a fairytale - outcast by LCFC, given a chance by us, faith repaid ten times over.

As a player, you are just what I want in a Charlton shirt - dedication and hard work, and I wonder when we will see that again. Not to mention a Charlton striker that opponents are afraid of, and free-kicks that might actually go in !

Just saying thanks doesn't seem enough, but you will see how Addicks feel if/when you return to the Valley.

Adieu, mon ami et merci bien pour les souvenirs.
  • Options
    Has he actually gone yet ?
  • Options
    magic1999 said:

Has he actually gone yet ?

his train is stuck outside B'Mouth ... Tears (or is it blood) on the tracks
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be great if he chose to stay?
  • Options

Clem_SnideMember
    Turn it in. He's a player who completed less than 3 years at the club. If he's gone and got himself a decent final payday then good luck to him, but the over reaction on here is laughable.

You are entitled to your opinion Clem, for me he has made a big impact which is more than you can say about most of the strikers that we have had recently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who else fancies a protest? I for one will not be treated this way by the club I spend at least 2000 a year on travelling the country supporting
  • Options
    No loco he doesn't have to sign! Hopefully he won't agree terms cause I don't think he wants to go! Surely they should stay and keep us up and re access in summer? Let's face it here the ones who have played so poorly at times and got us into this table position
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    He scored some spectacular goals - including away at Bournemouth in August, ironically - none more than the 101st and last of our promotion season: a geometry-defying volley against Hartlepool to send the Covered End into delirium (video above posted by Dizzee). You may remember Marco Van Basten's often-replayed volley from a tight angle; well, this was even tighter.

He took a regular clattering from defenders; he looked done in while jumping for a cross with two Brighton defenders recently, and showed his exasperation when Harriott got in the way of a shot against the Wendies. I have fond memories of the pre-season friendly at AFC Wimbledon in July, one of the first games in which he played a slightly withdrawn role, in this case supporting the trialist Adamo Coulibally. Kermorgant very effectively harried and closed down defenders dallying on the ball: he would appear quickly from nowhere, sliding and hooking in a manoeuvre trademarked by Mike Flanagan when refusing to give up seemingly lost causes...

Adieu, Yann Kermorgant.

• Options
    Not replaceable at this level. Had a touch, presence and courage that we will not see again in a hurry. Understand why some may wish to downplay his contribution, to make themselves feel better, but he was our best player and epitomised the spirit that Powell was trying to build. All the best to le grand homme, et merci.
  • Options
    Will be gutted if he leaves. It's rare these days to see a player who puts his body on the line for the good of the team. Yann did this regularly, not seen since the days of Stevie Brown. I regret that we never got to see him play alongside a nippy prolific goalscorer. Such a duo would have been dynamite. Probably the best free kick taker I have ever seen play for us.
  • Options
    I'd like him to stay, at least for another year, but c'est la vie if he goes. It's all part of the plan.
  • Options
    I called my Charlton Garden Gnome Yann, my favourite player in recent years.

If you cut him in half it would have said Charlton through the middle.
    Gave his heart and soul in every game. It's mentioned in other posts that he actually cared about what happened on the pitch. How many players in the last 10 years can you say that about.?

Thanks for the memories Yann.
  • Options
    He's not gone yet! I've got a feeling he might stick with us.
  • Options
    jeez we need to open a help line for some of you guys, he is a footballer and some of the comments are a touch embarassing.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Probably waiting on the bournemouth contract to finalise.

Just remembered him after scoring against birmingham at home only for them to score a last minute equaliser. He stayed on the pitch just staring into space gutted at dropping two points. Some people said it was an act, but he actually cared for this club. Fingers crossed he stays but im not sure he will :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    scabby why do you bother with watching or supporting Charlton if that's the way you feel..
  • Options

scabby why do you bother with watching or supporting Charlton if that's the way you feel..

Are you serious?
    He is a good footballer but as i said yesterday lets wait and see were we are after the window has shut, its not as if Yann is 27 and at his peak, he would have been gone in the summer anyway.
  • Options
    There's a rumour he was at Sparrow's Lane this morning! Anyone confirm or deny it?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Are you serious?
    He is a good footballer but as i said yesterday lets wait and see were we are after the window has shut, its not as if Yann is 27 and at his peak, he would have been gone in the summer anyway.
    Yep, no great loss. Players with a genuine affection for the club and who play like it means as much to them as it does to us just grow on trees.
  • Options

Are you serious?
    Mate if that's the way you feel then I think you'd be better off playing Championship Manager than following a football club. Personally I actually have an emotional attachment to the Club I support and therefore quite naturally I have a strong emotional attachment to its better and more passionate players.

But even if I was just playing Championship Manager and didn't have an emotional attachment to the Club or players, I'd want him to stay because, 27 or 32, he is our best player and only genuine matchwinner and I don't want to get relegated because the board will sack me.
  • Options

There's a rumour he was at Sparrow's Lane this morning! Anyone confirm or deny it?

CONFIRMED

• Options
    You need to call the samaritians and your so much a better supporter than me!
    As i said Yann is good but he aint that good wow.
  • Options
    The Samaritans? I'm not suicidal mate, just disappointed. And you're suggesting others are overreacting..
  • Options
    The fact we have signed 1 striker and apparently agreed a fee for another is a step in the right direction but having just 2 strikers is not enough especially proven at championship level we might be surprised with Yann staying but .... football transfer window time is a bloody nightmare as we have seen in the past where the heart of our team has been sold on the last day/hours. Fingers crossed Yann wants to play with some new blood at charlton
  • Options
    The only player we couldn't afford to lose, so I'm devastated. He was the only player you could rely on to turn up every game, give 100% and still be running at 88 minutes. Church is the same type of player as him (runny runny tackle tackle) but lacks the creativity and flair of Yann, so I will admit to crapping bricks right now about our survival chances. Lets hope one of the loan signings can bring the flair...