Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Standard Liege (page 12, rumours of new bid)

Comments

• Options
    defke said:

RD will asap with charlton to te first - just reading a interview

link?
  • Options
    defke said:

and yes in belgian nobody likes us --we don't care ## you will never understand RSCL if you are not one of us

defke said:

So Liege are the Millwall of Belgium ?

not millwall not any other - we are standard de liege - our colors our emblem -

• Options

A Liege and a Gent fan kicking off on a Charlton board. Classic.

Personally I can't see the network existing to move coaches around. As Prague has said RD gets more money from getting us in the Premier League than Standard into the UCL group stage.

there's no angry with standard and gent - gent has also big troubles earlier and now there fighting back and they have now good results - so i say well done gent

• Options
    http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/division1/standard/duchatelet-un-nouvel-entraineur-ca-va-durer-au-moins-trois-semaines-54455bea3570eece12f89c21

The president of Standard spoke about candidates to succeed Guy Luzon, saying the chances of Bob Peeters land at Sclessin were very low.

The interim Ivan Vukomanovic could last longer than expected. While some evoked a freelance a week, not to have a new coach in the lion's den with delicate meetings looming against Sevilla and Anderlecht Roland Duchâtelet told our colleagues that the appointment of VTM successor Guy Luzon was not for right away: "This will last at least three weeks before we can introduce our new coach."

The name of Bob Peeters, current coach of Charlton, was one of the first mentioned as part of the famous "Duchâtelet galaxy." The president of Standard view, however, the chances of land at Peeters Sclessin are low, given the good work he is currently carrying out the other side of the Channel.

Another candidate mentioned in the press, St Truiden coach Yannick Ferrera. About it, Duchâtelet Roland said he would certainly sit down with him, but he would also take the time to review the many applications that are received.

Supporters of the Standard should therefore take their troubles patiently, and why not expect the interim Ivan Vukomanovic be successful.
  • Options
    Could Karel Fraeye be an option?
  • Options

Could Karel Fraeye be an option?

Yes, very much so.

But maybe not for the Standard job.
  • Options
    razil said:

defke said:

So Liege are the Millwall of Belgium ?

not millwall not any other - we are standard de liege - our colors our emblem -

The no one likes is the same as Millwall use, I am sure for unique reasons :)

i didn't know that millwall use that - but here in Belgium is it Always standard that get negative in the picture - when there is something wrong than they talk about standard - when it is good neverone talk and then they are searching for something negative even the pers - that's why we say that - i think that belgianspur confirm this

• Options
    'given the good work he is currently carrying out the other side of the Channel.'

He's like some form of missionary !
  • Options

defke said:

RD will asap with charlton to te first - just reading a interview

link?
    Hugo Broos heeft zich kandidaat gesteld © photo news.

Wie wordt – na Riga, Jans, Rednic en Luzon – de vijfde coach van Standard sinds Duchâtelet de club in 2011 overnam? De voorzitter laat niet in zijn kaarten kijken. Dus is het gissen. Duchâtelet was gisteren op Charlton, maar zou Peeters niet meteen gevraagd hebben over te nemen op Sclessin. Peeters levert uitstekend werk bij Charlton en Duchâtelet wil zo snel mogelijk met zijn Londense club naar de Premier League promoveren.

http://standardluik.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/franse-namen-circuleren-op-sclessin-ook-broos-kandidaat/

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014
    First it's great to gain insight from belgian fans - I'm sure every club has its share of fans who want "the moon on a stick".

Second, to be very precise, Norwich, Fulham and Cardiff received around £65m last season - £55m for being there, £2m merit money and £7.5m for live TV appearances. That's about £5m more than man Utd received for winning the title the other year! And I suspect there are overseas rights to add to that?

The quote of £125m probably includes parachute money if we came straight back down. One can add gate money but you also have to factor an extra £5-10m per annum salaries to enhance and reward the squad.

It is therefore a no brainer to go for promotion as it guarantees an additional £20m cash flow per annum for five years - that doubles CAFC turnover not to mention enhances the sale value of players. Very handy if you can land players from around Europe with a view to developing them.

The question is why would any coach go to Liege when they have just sold €25m of talent over the summer? Why haven't Liege landed sufficient quality to replace those who left...or is it all down to Luzon?
    It's clear now that Luzon is not paid off but finds another role for him elsewhere - perhaps another club or head of network scouting?

That M.Duchatelet wants value at all clubs would be a logical conclusion on what we have seen to date and the value equation is most complex at CAFC and Liege. Fans have different ideas of what progress means. Especially what pace we should go at / how much cash should be injected to kick on.

Can't comment on Liege because we don't have a picture of annual losses or debts when the club was acquired. But anyone attempting an analysis of the whole of Staprix needs to know this- at least about the bigger clubs.

The extreme position is that M.Duchatelet is pursuing network profit irrespective of league position but this season that doesn't ring true since all clubs are doing better since being acquired - except Liege this season.

The thing is that if you account for the increased value of Vetokele and Gudmundsson since we signed them (one for free and one for €3m) then that covers our annual losses - first time since 2006 that we have had a sustainable strategy! In my book that's progress but it really only means something if we keep travelling towards the top six.
    And that progress does not have to be at the expense of other clubs in the network. The January window for both Liege and CAFC will tell a story about ambition, strategy and technical execution. Will we swap players? Are we competing in the same pool of talent?

But first there is the small matter of the next 180 minutes for both clubs.

CAFC has taken only the first step towards the play-offs while Liege have gone backwards in the same timeframe. Yes, the FAPL is the biggest prize in the six club network, but it appears that the path to the top six is being taken one step at a time. No rush with loans - let the local board and management deliver what they can with the players secured to date.
    I look forward to hearing more about Liege and hope they find the right coach and players to take them forwards again...just not our coach and not our players!
  • Options
    for those who laugh with me -i will translate -
    Peeters levert uitstekend werk bij Charlton en Duchâtelet wil zo snel mogelijk met zijn Londense club naar de Premier League promoveren.

Peeters delivers excellent job at Charlton and Duchâtelet want as quickly as possible with his London club to the Premier League
  • Options

First it's great to gain insight from belgian fans - I'm sure every club has its share of fans who want "the moon on a stick".

Second, to be very precise, Norwich, Fulham and Cardiff received around £65m last season - £55m for being there, £2m merit money and £7.5m for live TV appearances. That's about £5m more than man Utd received for winning the title the other year! And I suspect there are overseas rights to add to that?

The quote of £125m probably includes parachute money if we came straight back down. One can add gate money but you also have to factor an extra £5-10m per annum salaries to enhance and reward the squad.

It is therefore a no brainer to go for promotion as it guarantees an additional £20m cash flow per annum for five years - that doubles CAFC turnover not to mention enhances the sale value of players. Very handy if you can land players from around Europe with a view to developing them.

The question is why would any coach go to Liege when they have just sold €25m of talent over the summer? Why haven't Liege landed sufficient quality to replace those who left...or is it all down to Luzon?
    It's clear now that Luzon is not paid off but finds another role for him elsewhere - perhaps another club or head of network scouting?

That M.Duchatelet wants value at all clubs would be a logical conclusion on what we have seen to date and the value equation is most complex at CAFC and Liege. Fans have different ideas of what progress means. Especially what pace we should go at / how much cash should be injected to kick on.

Can't comment on Liege because we don't have a picture of annual losses or debts when the club was acquired. But anyone attempting an analysis of the whole of Staprix needs to know this- at least about the bigger clubs.

The extreme position is that M.Duchatelet is pursuing network profit irrespective of league position but this season that doesn't ring true since all clubs are doing better since being acquired - except Liege this season.

The thing is that if you account for the increased value of Vetokele and Gudmundsson since we signed them (one for free and one for €3m) then that covers our annual losses - first time since 2006 that we have had a sustainable strategy! In my book that's progress but it really only means something if we keep travelling towards the top six.
    And that progress does not have to be at the expense of other clubs in the network. The January window for both Liege and CAFC will tell a story about ambition, strategy and technical execution. Will we swap players? Are we competing in the same pool of talent?

CAFC has taken only the first step towards the play-offs while Liege have gone backwards in the same timeframe. Yes, the FAPL is the biggest prize in the six club network, but it appears that the path to the top six is being taken one step at a time. No rush with loans - let the local board and management deliver what they can with the players secured to date.
    I look forward to hearing more about Liege and hope they find the right coach and players to take them forwards again...just not our coach and not our players!

right and how many players of standard sit in you're team on loan .
    each fan of standard will not that bob come to us because he have it great in charlton and doing well - but that's not the order now - yoni wil play for charlton end of season that's what i hear

• Options
    defke said:

right and how many players of standard sit in you're team on loan .
    each fan of standard will not that bob come to us because he have it great in charlton and doing well - but that's not the order now - yoni wil play for charlton end of season that's what i hear

Thats if he is not too exhausted, so goes back to SL where he does not need to run so much
  • Options
    but few days ago i ask - does supporters have a voice in what happens to club - about players transfers money etc
    here in standard we hear nothing from RD - last transfer he says that there are come big players to us - a lot of words but nothing - RD rules in standard and nobody else have a word - sometimes you can say he is a dictator he's rules he's law and other must be quiet - we'll that's why the fans are angry and now we fright that he come with a coach just like luzon - in one month and we revolt again and yes we fright that if charlton goess to first that he take all the money from standard and put it into charlton and leave us with nothing
  • Options
    defke said:

but few days ago i ask - does supporters have a voice in what happens to club - about players transfers money etc
    here in standard we hear nothing from RD - last transfer he says that there are come big players to us - a lot of words but nothing - RD rules in standard and nobody else have a word - sometimes you can say he is a dictator he's rules he's law and other must be quiet - we'll that's why the fans are angry and now we fright that he come with a coach just like luzon - in one month and we revolt again and yes we fright that if charlton goess to first that he take all the money from standard and put it into charlton and leave us with nothing

Blimey, that could be a charlton fan 9 months ago, next you'll be saying Liege are a feeder club for Charlton!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

defke said:

Blimey, that could be a charlton fan 9 months ago, next you'll be saying Liege are a feeder club for Charlton!
    we think so yes - because england have more money to earn than in Belgium - that's why he want asap in the first there is the money -

• Options
    If RD thinks the current Charlton team can get us up to the Premier league i suspect he is in for a shock. We are a long way short.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    defke said:

First it's not a nil sum game! By that I mean that CAFC and Liege are not fighting for a limited pool of resources - investment, players etc. Developments are possible across the network...if you can loan us players when we need them all good and when (not if) we reach the Premier league within a few years we can return the favoup! When we do arrive in the FAPL how much of the £65m will go to Staprix to help you and other network clubs? Or perhaps you sell players to us for say €5m and we develop and sell them on again. That is the model I discussed with a Liege fan last January and that's perhaps why we have Alcorcun in the network?

Second on fan representation: around five years back the CAFC supporters director and c.£1-2m of fans equity was wiped out to help with a sale of the club. Since then the club relationship with fans has been via a supporters trust and a fans forum but guess what: when the club was going through dark times not so long ago, the fans forum didn't meet. The Trust has open meetings with the club chairman but no real contact with the management.
    If Duchatelet wants to liaise with an organised fan group at each club and harness that energy rather than fights on the terraces then he needs to invest in that. So far I don't see that happening. And while we are climbing back up the league the only cries you will hear from CAFC fans will be faster, faster (more players now please). Sure nine months ago fans were kept in the dark but I believe that was because there were issues to deal with and they had to be resolved at pace to avoid relegation to the third tier. Consulting fans then would have slowed things down etc.

So now we are on the upswing and I'm sure you will be too fairly soon, what role does a fans organisation have in being consulted and helping to build the club? Or perhaps fans simply should have the right to ask questions about strategy and direction?

• Options
    edited October 2014

If RD thinks the current Charlton team can get us up to the Premier league i suspect he is in for a shock. We are a long way short.

Agreed! One step at a time and I think many would agree that we are closer than we were last season. I also think we will see new arrivals in January and next summer to take the next steps...the January window will tell us and Liege fans a lot about where we are going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liege lost quality players in the Summer, but the replacements will take time to get upto the same speed as those who left.

Standard certainly haven't been left in the dust, but are just not having it the whole way they would like.
  • Options
    he's searching a coach in the French L
  • Options
    Could Jose go back ?
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Could Jose go back ?

jose riga i don't think so - he was coach in 2012 and leave standard for a other job

• Options
    edited October 2014
    It doesn't rain, it pours ...

@BelgoFoot: Thuram was in goal for Standard tonight (Seville, 0-0) and looks set for run as first choice. #cafc
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

It doesn't rain, it pours ...

@BelgoFoot: Thuram was in goal for Standard tonight (Seville, 0-0) and looks set for run as first choice. #cafc

Keeping a clean sheet against Sevilla is pretty decent
  • Options

The interim Ivan Vukomanovic could last longer than expected. While some evoked a freelance a week, not to have a new coach in the lion's den with delicate meetings looming against Sevilla and Anderlecht Roland Duchâtelet told our colleagues that the appointment of VTM successor Guy Luzon was not for right away: "This will last at least three weeks before we can introduce our new coach." .

Supporters of the Standard should therefore take their troubles patiently, and why not expect the interim Ivan Vukomanovic be successful.

Further proof that Standard Liege is the Millwall of Belgium?! ;-)
  • Options

The interim Ivan Vukomanovic could last longer than expected. While some evoked a freelance a week, not to have a new coach in the lion's den with delicate meetings looming against Sevilla and Anderlecht Roland Duchâtelet told our colleagues that the appointment of VTM successor Guy Luzon was not for right away: "This will last at least three weeks before we can introduce our new coach." .

Further proof that Standard Liege is the Millwall of Belgium?! ;-)
    look we are not millwall we are not any other club - we are standard - the passion - the colours - tha'ts why we are living for - it's sad that some people say this about us that we are millwall in the belgian L . many people in liege are poor and they take there last money for a abo to see standard playing. if you think mister/miss silentaddick come to belgium you can stay at my home and i take you to a match of standard - after the game, than can you tell what standard is - it's easy to say what appears in the newspapers / internet - i can that also about you're club - I can write something about Charlton and put on the blog. look at how fast it can all go - so, if you have . i was here to tell you everything about RD and the coaches and the problems here in liege , but , if you are going to compare us with another club, I just stop to come here. I do not feel it anymore and then I will continue tweeting with people who find it nice that I communicate with them - if you do not believe me have the balls and ask yoni what standard is - good day everybody
  • Options
    btw if you are thinking that only in standard are troubles look at here - FC Carl Zeiss Jena

• Options
    defke, when people post :-) , it is a smiley face (on it's side). It means the person is joking. Silent Addick was joking.
    Please carry on posting, it is very interesting.