Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    Well said.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    He's a top bloke and a top professional and he loves CAFC!

I never thought I'd see a player/manager/person etc top Chris Powell when it came to the person, professionalism and the affection for CAFC and just getting it.

I think with JJ it's the nearest we've come and he may yet overtake the title of 'Sir'!
    Already has in my eyes.! 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I never thought I'd see a player/manager/person etc top Chris Powell when it came to the person, professionalism and the affection for CAFC and just getting it.

I think with JJ it's the nearest we've come and he may yet overtake the title of 'Sir'!
    probably my No 1 CAFC related player/manager/person ever
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I’m sure a few on here have met JJ in the flesh and would echo my view that he is very personable with no aires and graces and the sort of lad who you’d be delighted to have a pint with down the pub. Well done John and all the best to you for the future.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I’m sure a few on here have met JJ in the flesh and would echo my view that he is very personable with no aires and graces and the sort of lad who you’d be delighted to have a pint with down the pub. Well done John and all the best to you for the future.
    100% this. Well said. The 2011 league winning season was a joy and one of my biggest memories is constantly bumping in to JJ (and other players) on away games in hotels/post-game drinks, and every time he took a moment to stop and chat about season in general or that day’s game. What a bloke. 
  • Options
    Might have to get his boots on for the friendlies 🤣
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Rob7Lee said:

probably my No 1 CAFC related player/manager/person ever
    High accolade that from someone like yourself mate
  • Options
    Now THAT is a goal celebration.

Forget all this choreographed dance move shit with stupid hand shapes to camera, just dive into the crowd and be done with it.
    Such a great celebration...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While the apes are on the Rock, it will always be British. 
    While Jacko is at CAFC it will always be our Charlton. 
    Love Jacko to bits. 
  • Options
    Great bump of a great thread
  • Options
    Think Jackson always comes across so well when he takes the post game interview. Would feel very comfortable if he was ever appointed 
  • Options
    Just biding his time and lying low.

He's worked out that Adkins is another "powerpoint manager" and at worst he's going to be in charge temporarily sometime this season.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    People still wanting Jackson to be manager. You do realise he is a major part of the backroom staff and would have left if him and Adkins were so different in their management styles. 

Think Jackson always comes across so well when he takes the post game interview. Would feel very comfortable if he was ever appointed 
    Being a manager is more than the interviews. People have heard Jackson on talksport and think he is a top manager in the making. I don't see it.
  • Options
    People still wanting Jackson to be manager. You do realise he is a major part of the backroom staff and would have left if him and Adkins were so different in their management styles. 

Not sure I follow that logic, Jackson was part of the coaching staff under Bowyer too and it’s not exactly the same management style with Adkins. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    se9addick said:

Not sure I follow that logic, Jackson was part of the coaching staff under Bowyer too and it’s not exactly the same management style with Adkins. 
    Could have left with Bowyer, wanted to stay. 

Powell was coach under Pearson and Erikkson. Much better pedigree for management than Jackson has had in his career. Even then outside of us you'd see Powell's management career as a failure. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Being a manager is more than the interviews. People have heard Jackson on talksport and think he is a top manager in the making. I don't see it.
    Like Bowyer has a similar style to Robinson?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Powell managers worked under: Pearson, Eriksson, Curbs, Jim Smith, Pardew. 

Bowyer managers worked under: David O'Leary, Graham, Bobby Robson, Venebles, Curbs, Mcleish.

Jackson managers worked under: Powell, Riga, Peeters, Robinson, Parkinson, Slade, Bowyer, Riga. 

See there's a bit of a difference? 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I know Jacksons applied for the job before Slade was offered it. Almost 5.5 years ago so he’s been very patient. Whatever happens with NA, I fully expect without a doubt that Jackson will be our next manager.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Bowyer managers worked under: David O'Leary, Graham, Bobby Robson, Venebles, Curbs, Mcleish.

Jackson managers worked under: Powell, Riga, Peeters, Robinson, Parkinson, Slade, Bowyer, Riga. 

Are you omitting Jackson's pre-Charlton managers on purpose?
    If you want to include managers from Colchester and Notts County be my guest. Doesn't really add to the quality of his influences. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Good point

I think we're a fair way away yet from there being a vacancy but purely for fun which managers has Jason Euell worked under?

Curbishley, Powell, who at Middlesbrough, Wimbledon and Jamaica?

• Options
    edited September 2021
    MrLargo said:
    Dazzler21 said:

If you want to include managers from Colchester and Notts County be my guest. Doesn't really add to the quality of his influences. 
    Are you omitting Jackson's pre-Colchester and Notts County managers on purpose? i.e. his Spurs managers.

Is it only possible to become a decent manager if you've worked under decent managers? Who are the greats that Arsene Wenger and Jurgen Klopp worked under?
    Jackson was only really in the first-team under Pleat. 

Out on loan otherwise or training in the academy. So that's why I didn't include any Tottenham managers. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Are you omitting Jackson's pre-Colchester and Notts County managers on purpose? i.e. his Spurs managers.

Is it only possible to become a decent manager if you've worked under decent managers? Who are the greats that Arsene Wenger and Jurgen Klopp worked under?
    For all of Jackson's qualities on the pitch. 

The intelligence of Wenger or Klopp isn't one of those.