Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the memories Johnnie. Club Legend
  • Options
    Gonna be a tiny spec of dirt in my eye around 4:50 pm this afternoon!
  • Options
    Was on Talk sport this morning - sounded very upbeat!
  • Options
    Said it so many times before. Love the man!

I'd still have him in my side at 45 or 55. He's still want it more than any other player on the pitch.
  • Options
    What a man
  • Options
    Respect
  • Options
    clive said:
    I may not have been a Charlton fan growing up, but from minute one this club has been the absolute perfect fit and I have certainly become a Charlton boy for life. I really do feel as if I have become one of you. It’s in the heart.

Gonna miss watching him on a Saturday afternoon... the Gods are cruel for him to be injured!!
  • Options
    Total respect for JJ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame that the title of this thread is actually true now.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

4 and a bit years after the thread started. Just goes to show how easy it is to be negative with football, you’ll always eventually be right because players get older etc.
  • Options
    Anyone record his speech to stick on here please?
  • Options
    With potentially 4 games to go, his playing story might have another chapter still...
  • Options
    Nice speech by him. My son was saying how much he loved him on the bus home, first away game for him at Watford when Jacko scored the winner right in front of us, Ipswich away last minute equaliser and QPR of course. My personal favourites along with those were dragging us back into Cardiff game and Norwich away when they absolutely battered us and he popped up with the winner.
  • Options
    addickson said:

ross1 said:
    Did he really say SIR Chris Powell? Top man, and in that one word he encapsulates the failure of the Duchatelet era. He gets it.
    He did indeed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He also mentioned how grateful he was to all the Managers he worked for...

A dead silence followed that statement, followed by clear laughter from the stands as people no doubt remembered Karel Fraeye etc.
  • Options

Said it so many times before. Love the man!

I'd still have him in my side at 45 or 55. He's still want it more than any other player on the pitch.

cfgs said:

4 and a bit years after the thread started. Just goes to show how easy it is to be negative with football, you’ll always eventually be right because players get older etc.
    The last four years haven't exactly been a roaring success at Charlton - includes a relegation and two seasons in League One. The squad wasn't good enough to make us competitive.

It depends what you want from your team? I was hoping back then we'd assemble a squad to get us out of the Championship (up not down). Obviously I was over optimistic....

• Options
    Oh my, what a guy, true Carlton legend. really hope he continues with the club because he obviously loves it. But, even if his immediate future lies elsewhere, one day if all works out, he could become just as much a legend as a manager here as he was a player. Thanks for ll the memories skipper - let's hope there's a few more to come!!
  • Options
    He was the definition of a big match player. Sheffield games and that qpr goal. Scored loads for a midfielder as well in his day. Great captain and great bloke. Very glad he’s still involved with the club.
  • Options
    Whatever happens this season, would love to see him and Bowyer given a chance next season as permanents
  • Options

Whatever happens this season, would love to see him and Bowyer given a chance next season as permanents

Would he want to continue working with Lee or look for work elsewhere?