Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas said:

I've said for years he would be a good player to come off the bench to score us a goal if in need. Whenever this thread us been brought back up by the same old posters it's because he has scored a goal and not his all round play on the pitch.

There were a couple of games as recent as the end of last season when he dragged us through by sheer commitment and determination.

What was the away game that finally ended our terrible run under Karl? Can't remember where it was but Jacko came back into the side and was exceptional. His all round play as well as his leadership was the difference that day. And no he didn't score.
  • Options
    Taking quite the while to come in, isn't he?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Does this one have the record for most thread resurrections ever on CL?

I'm sure George Cole has that record.
    RIP
  • Options

Nicholas said:

I've said for years he would be a good player to come off the bench to score us a goal if in need. Whenever this thread us been brought back up by the same old posters it's because he has scored a goal and not his all round play on the pitch.

There were a couple of games as recent as the end of last season when he dragged us through by sheer commitment and determination.

What was the away game that finally ended our terrible run under Karl? Can't remember where it was but Jacko came back into the side and was exceptional. His all round play as well as his leadership was the difference that day. And no he didn't score.
    Every player will have a very good game once in a while no matter who you are, however his not good enough, fit enough games have completely out weighed those. It's not a dig at Jacko he has been fantastic over the years and a brilliant servant at the club. However he declined rapidly after we got promoted from league one, and in my opinion he should have been coming off the bench a lot more. Jacko has only lasted so long in the first team purely because we change manager every 5 minutes and Jacko is seen as Mr Charlton and rightly so and is an easy option. Also we have always had such small squads we have had to play him because there is no one else.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Every player will have a very good game once in a while no matter who you are, however his not good enough, fit enough games have completely out weighed those. It's not a dig at Jacko he has been fantastic over the years and a brilliant servant at the club. However he declined rapidly after we got promoted from league one, and in my opinion he should have been coming off the bench a lot more. Jacko has only lasted so long in the first team purely because we change manager every 5 minutes and Jacko is seen as Mr Charlton and rightly so and is an easy option. Also we have always had such small squads we have had to play him because there is no one else.
    I agree he has declined although I think it started later than you suggest. The previous 2 seasons more so. I also agree his role now will be mostly off the pitch and off the bench. I was simply using that game last year to demonstrate he is still capable of putting in performances to drag us through tough times which will happen at some point this season. His experience and character will see us through. The times when he is called upon he will do a job.

And this wasn't just a good game once in a while I remember coming away thinking he was the sole reason we won't that game and ended our dreadful run. He ran the show and dragged the whole team with him.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

You mean where he effectively played sweeper :wink: he dragged us through a few games.
  • Options
    Legend
  • Options
    Happy Birthday JJ - What a leader and legend of the club. Enjoyed seeing the 50 goals come up on my feeds today...reminds me of happier times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy Birthday Skipper.
  • Options
    Happy birthday to the future Charlton manager
  • Options
    Happy birthday skip.

Would be great to see a major turnout for his final game at The Valley at the end of this season.
  • Options
    Happy birthday, keep on running down the wing for me.
  • Options
    All the best to ya Jacko...many happy returns on ya birthday,hoping there will be some many happy returns on the pitch too...
  • Options
    So so so much man love. Captain leader legend
  • Options
    Birthday Jacko. If you're reading this, I love you so much you can sleep with my wife.
  • Options
    A lot of man love for the skip
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Johnnie a real Charlton player .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Legend. Enough said.
  • Options
    I can even forgive him for being an Arsenal fan.
  • Options

I can even forgive him for being an Arsenal fan.

Arsenal fan or not I guarantee you that he has deep feelings for Charlton
  • Options
    Changed the game when he came on v Northampton
  • Options

Just before JFC's second to make it 4-1 did anyone else see the slightly too early run into the box from Jacko and hope we'd get a trademark goal from him?
  • Options

Just before JFC's second to make it 4-1 did anyone else see the slightly too early run into the box from Jacko and hope we'd get a trademark goal from him?
    don't you mean perfectly timed run that KAG didn't pick out? : - )

• Options

don't you mean perfectly timed run that KAG didn't pick out? : - )

Yes, it was all set up for Jacko to sweep it in at the far post, and steal the glory for himself :smiley: