Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    SCP knew. From VOTV 135.

• Options

SCP knew. From VOTV 135.

That's the first time I've managed to post a photo on here so forgive me the double vision!
  • Options

If he was a bird, I'd give her one x

Ostrich!?
  • Options
    If they can't have their own statues I think we should have JJ/Kerms hybrid (lovechild) statue outside the north stand.
  • Options
    http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-johnnie-jackson-swindon-town-3697099.aspx

Still remaining cryptic over whether he will be playing or not next year.

I have a feeling they may announce his retirement before the game and give him a guard of honour or something.

What I don't get is why they can't let us know in advance. People will want to turn out and show their thanks if he is retiring. Seems like a cheap ploy to get people to buy programs tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-johnnie-jackson-swindon-town-3697099.aspx

I have a feeling they may announce his retirement before the game and give him a guard of honour or something.

What I don't get is why they can't let us know in advance. People will want to turn out and show their thanks if he is retiring. Seems like a cheap ploy to get people to buy programs tomorrow.

I think the announcement will be around him being assistant manager next season, with Bowyer as first-team coach. In their delusional world, they think this will change the mood on the day. Probably put the training ground video on the big screen on a loop too.
  • Options

I think the announcement will be around him being assistant manager next season, with Bowyer as first-team coach. In their delusional world, they think this will change the mood on the day. Probably put the training ground video on the big screen on a loop too.
    I guess the same.

But surely if he's retiring from football and this is to be his last game, he deserves a proper send off. Not to be used as a shield yet again by this regime..
  • Options

I guess the same.

But surely if he's retiring from football and this is to be his last game, he deserves a proper send off. Not to be used as a shield yet again by this regime..

I guess the same.

Won't be. They have to give him another year as a player because he has met a trigger clause.
  • Options

I guess the same.

I guess the same.

Won't be. They have to give him another year as a player because he has met a trigger clause.
    Then why haven't they just said that. There's been so much speculation why not announce it!
  • Options

Seems to squash the takeover rumours .. for now then?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Seems to squash the takeover rumours .. for now then?
    Not really. All this stuff is about PR to try to manage tomorrow, nothing else.
  • Options

I guess the same.

I guess the same.

Then why haven't they just said that. There's been so much speculation why not announce it!
    Because that would be telling the truth.
    They haven't mastered the art of truth yet.
  • Options

I like JJ but don't really don't get the 'legend ' status for him on here.

How many Charlton 'legends' can you name then? He might not be the most amazing footballer but he always gave his all, always showed commitment and a brilliant player to have in the dressing room. Think back to 2011/12!
  • Options
    edited April 2017

If he was a bird, I'd give her one x

Boots on or off?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news.
  • Options
    So a non event today then. More hot air from Robinson.
  • Options

So a non event today then. More hot air from Robinson.

Unless Jacko is also handing the captaincy over which is possibly what Robinson meant by with his comments and I suspect highly likely in a Player-coach role.
  • Options

Just like to point out that this thread was started in the 2013/4 season.

We are now in the 2017/18 season

Nuff said

You were saying his ribs were gone a few weeks ago :smiley: