Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Fantastic man!!!
  • While he may not have the legs he once had his footballing brain is still 100% there. Experience tells at this level.
  • Do you think he'd fit in my stocking ?

Filth :wink:
  • Dazzler21 said:

Do you think he'd fit in my stocking ?

Filth :wink:
    Sexist filth! We are not pieces of meat you know!! :wink:
  • Played well yesterday in that role. Good touch.
  • In February this thread will be four years old.

And the OP is still wrong
  • Did a decent job for us yesterday. Safe pair of hands.
  • LEGEND.

Or Legsend, as some would prefer
  • Enjoyed seeing him yesterday and it was great to hear his name being sung for so long
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

Enjoyed seeing him yesterday and it was great to hear his name being sung for so long

Yes, agreed. A great tribute to a top Charlton man. We never know when his last game will be, so it's good to make every game memorable.

Played the full 90, probably won't be able to lift his nipper onto the new Xmas bike for a week.

Love Jacko to bits.

JJ isn't the future and wasn't four years ago when we were playing in the Championship.

Football isn't all about sentimentality otherwise nobody would ever retire or be moved on.

JJ has been a great servant for the club and showed yesterday he can do a job if required in L1.

Would JJ want to start more games?
  • I met Jackson will be aching this morning, he can't have done too many 90 minutes recently
  • Don't think Jacko adds anything to the team anymore. Shouldn't be starting as the game is passing him by.

JJ isn't the future and wasn't four years ago when we were playing in the Championship.

Football isn't all about sentimentality otherwise nobody would ever retire or be moved on.

JJ has been a great servant for the club and showed yesterday he can do a job if required in L1.

Compare and contrast
  • He did a good job for sixty minutes in a scrappy game where height and tackling in midfield would be extremely valuable attributes. He'd be a good option to bring on in the second half of scrappy games, I think - expecting more than an hour of him is too much at this stage as he really can't keep up with play if it's in any way flowing

Compare and contrast
    You've replied to me twice which is nice - I love your style. When I made the original post we were in the Championship in case you've forgotten.

JJ now operates as a backup which illustrates my point that MR doesn't see him as a starter in L1. I'm sure even JJ would accept he'd struggle.

Thank you for your interest...
  • Forget it Hoof, it's Museumtown
  • Can you imagine what the reaction if jj'd nipped in for a 90+5 winner?
  • JamesSeed said:

Can you imagine what the reaction if jj'd nipped in for a 90+5 winner?

Shock, disbelief and joy!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn’t there yesterday, but it’s good to have have a proper leader on the pitch. As much as I like Solly, I don’t think he’s captain material. When in the team I personally think Pearce is the man for the job.

Jackson has a goal in his locker as well - If he starts at Southend I predict he will add to his tally.
  • He did well yesterday and there was no question of having to take him off. Blackpool were pretty poor in midfield so Jacko did get more of the ball than usual and wasn't chasing his tail. I think his goal threat has pretty much gone though and I can't recall him getting anywhere near the penalty area apart from dead-balls.
  • edited December 2017

In February this thread will be four years old.

Compare and contrast
    You've replied to me twice which is nice - I love your style. When I made the original post we were in the Championship in case you've forgotten.

JJ now operates as a backup which illustrates my point that MR doesn't see him as a starter in L1. I'm sure even JJ would accept he'd struggle.

"Don't think Jacko adds anything to the team anymore."

JJ proving you and many others wrong for nearly four years - in the Championship and League 1.

:wink:

Compare and contrast

JJ proving you wrong for nearly four years - in the Championship and League 1

QED
    Jackson is past his best however hard it is for you to accept that - maybe ageing is an issue for you? If we are serious about competing he wasn't the answer four years ago in the Championship and he's not the answer now which in case you haven't noticed is why he doesn't start.

If you place selection on the basis of sentimentality then he would be the first name on the team sheet.

If you want to see him selected every week and think he adds a lot to the team then that's fine - we can agree to disagree.

Anyway I'm bored now ...

• Jacko was an absolute diamond yesterday,won every header,hardly misplaced a pass,yes he got a bit tired,but really would like to see more of him,especially as our super signings reeves and marshall are doing nothing.Special mention for Jacko in the way he politely requested that Amos might wish to improve his kicking.

Compare and contrast

QED
    Jackson is past his best however hard it is for you to accept that - maybe ageing is an issue for you? If we are serious about competing he wasn't the answer four years ago in the Championship and he's not the answer now which in case you haven't noticed is why he doesn't start.

If you place selection on the basis of sentimentality then he would be the first name on the team sheet.

If you want to see him selected every week and think he adds a lot to the team then that's fine - we can agree to disagree.

Anyway I'm bored now ...

Big difference between "past his best" IE what you are saying now (and which no one has denied) and "he adds nothing" and "his time is up" IE what you said FOUR years ago.

Sorry, you find your own thread boring. I and many others have enjoyed it greatly over the past four seasons.

Just as we've enjoyed JJ's contributions and goal.

Compare and contrast

QED

Anyway I'm bored now ...

Big difference between "past his best" IE what you are saying now (and which no one has denied) and "he adds nothing" and "his time is up" IE what you said FOUR years ago.

Sorry, you find your own thread boring. I and many others have enjoyed it greatly over the past four seasons.

I'm bored of you and if you're going to be pedantic which seems to be your speciality I never said 'he adds nothing'.

Were you a schoolteacher in a previous life?

Compare and contrast

QED

Anyway I'm bored now ...

I'm bored of you and if you're going to be pedantic which seems to be your speciality I never said 'he adds nothing'.

No, just a director at Charlton.

Compare and contrast

QED

Anyway I'm bored now ...

Don't think Jacko adds anything to the team anymore. Shouldn't be starting as the game is passing him by.

Maybe not word for word, no.
  • Jacko was an absolute diamond yesterday,won every header,hardly misplaced a pass,yes he got a bit tired,but really would like to see more of him,especially as our super signings reeves and marshall are doing nothing.Special mention for Jacko in the way he politely requested that Amos might wish to improve his kicking.

Missed that. How did he suggest that to Amos.