Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

1303132333436»

Comments

• Options
    I think the problems run far deeper than those pulling on the shirt week after week.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I think the problems run far deeper than those pulling on the shirt week after week.
    Sure if you want to talk about the club, I agree there is a lot that has to change. I’m only referring to the team in my posts above. 

What I’m ultimately saying is is that we have no idea how good Jackson actually is because I’m not sure even Pep could get three points out of these lot.

Ultimately it’s 11 v 11 on the field and we managed to cobble together an 11 that got us promoted under Roland Duchatelet for goodness sake.
  • Options
    It reminds me of the time in August when we said 'judge Adkins once the window has closed'. It did close and we looked no better. 

This time it'll be 'judge Jackson when the strikers come back'. Stockley isn't going to turn this team into world-beaters. They look defeated and so does Jackson. 

The new formation worked for a bit, got figured out and now Jackson doesn't know what to do next. 
    Replace the name Jackson with the name Powel and you have Powels first half season where few would have argued if he had been sacked.  The following summer the club cleared out the deadwood and Powel was able to bring 8n his own players to play in his system.. we went on to win L1 by a record number of points.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I wasn’t Jackson in and I’m not sure if I’m Jackson out. I think it would be extremely harsh to let him go after picking up 30 points from 20 games with this group.

These losses against top six sides are to be expected when you’ve got a squad filled with mediocre mid table dross. Especially when you’ve got three (now four) strikers out injured.
    Give him till the end of the season. If we finish below 16th he has to go. 
  • Options
    Definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over.  Thing is, does that apply to

a) Jacko for sticking to a failing formation or
    b) to Gallen for constantly signing shite, injury prone players or
    c) to professional players constantly giving away soft goals and soft free kicks or
    d)to TS for constantly sacking managers rather than Gallen?

I don't know the answer.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I wasn’t Jackson in and I’m not sure if I’m Jackson out. I think it would be extremely harsh to let him go after picking up 30 points from 20 games with this group.

These losses against top six sides are to be expected when you’ve got a squad filled with mediocre mid table dross. Especially when you’ve got three (now four) strikers out injured.
    Give him till the end of the season. If we finish below 16th he has to go. 
    I can agree with that. We should be finishing above 16th with the final 10 games that we have.
  • Options
    Formations don’t get “figured out”. This is isn’t a video game. Every formation can work with the right players. 4-2-3-1 can work, 4-4-2 can work and 3-5-2 can work, with capable players.

It’s no coincidence that we go through long spells of looking crap with the ragtag bunch at the club currently, despite whoever is in the manager’s seat.

I was fully in the camp of clean sweep needed back in October when Adkins got sacked. Jackson made it impossible not to appoint him after winning seven out of 10.

Now we begin to see the old fragilities creeping back in - same as they were under Bowyer, same as they were under Adkins. And I don’t think it’s anyone’s fault but the ones pulling on the shirt week after week.

Formations may not get figured out, but other teams figure out our weaknesses within that formation. For us in the 352, that's the space in behind our wingbacks that aren't wingbacks, that is covered by our centre backs that aren't centre backs.

As you say, every formation can work with the right players, but we don't have the right players for the 352, so it really begs the question of why we are playing it.
  • Options
    Formations don’t get “figured out”. This is isn’t a video game. Every formation can work with the right players. 4-2-3-1 can work, 4-4-2 can work and 3-5-2 can work, with capable players.

It’s no coincidence that we go through long spells of looking crap with the ragtag bunch at the club currently, despite whoever is in the manager’s seat.

I was fully in the camp of clean sweep needed back in October when Adkins got sacked. Jackson made it impossible not to appoint him after winning seven out of 10.

Now we begin to see the old fragilities creeping back in - same as they were under Bowyer, same as they were under Adkins. And I don’t think it’s anyone’s fault but the ones pulling on the shirt week after week.

Except how we play in a formation DOES get figured out.

We can keep blaming it all on the players, like how it was all blame on Adkins in October, the truth, is in the middle. After all, it's not Ben Purringtons fault we insist on using a wingback system with no wingbacks. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well considering we’ve got no fit strikers I wouldn’t be shocked to see something like a 4-2-3-1 deployed this weekend. So maybe something like this from the players we have fit:

MacKeeper
    Matthews Lavelle Famewo Purrington
                    Dobson Gilbey
          Jaiysemi Fraser Morgan
                          Leko

Without CBT, would rather see Leko on the wing out of the options we have, but can’t see Jackson throwing Kanu up top by himself. 
  • Options
    Is Inniss injured? I know he wasn’t in the squad yesterday. 

Think I would rather have him upfront then Leko