Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    Having a good game too not just scored the goal
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Let's pray that this is the one game in a season when Jackson does something and the Jacko Brigade bump the Come In No. 4 thread with grand fanfare and backslappery. Because if he's our DM....I'm properly worried for us

:)
  • Options
    I did say he was playing well before he scored btw
  • Options

LB was ridiculous.

Cant argue his place in the team as captain at CM though, he looks so pumped.

I'm a time of players not giving a flying about the team, you need him in there.

I'm not sure he kicked the ball before or after his goal mind !

Took it beautifully though and it could be vital to our season.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

3 years ago this month this thread was started- and tonight he starts!

I seem to be the only one who's quite pleased, I think he'll be fine.

Ahem........ played in the right role he's still massive for us - I doff my cap.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

LB was ridiculous.

I'm a time of players not giving a flying about the team, you need him in there.

JJ took the kick off in the first half....
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

se9addick said:

LB was ridiculous.

JJ took the kick off in the first half....
    And what a success it was !
  • Options
    When Roland goes, it is written that Jackson should become Charlton's "Eddie Howe". With Andy Hughes as his number 2, Yann as attacking coach, Leon Cort as defensive coach, and Curbs as DoF.
  • Options
    and if we don't get 20,000+ on the last game of the season to say thank you it'll be a crying shame.
  • Options
    Oh not this thread again!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

and if we don't get 20,000+ on the last game of the season to say thank you it'll be a crying shame.

Sad to say, not a chance in hell that will happen. I probably missed it but has he said he's calling it a day at the end of the season?
  • Options
    Nug said:

Rob7Lee said:

Sad to say, not a chance in hell that will happen. I probably missed it but has he said he's calling it a day at the end of the season?
    I can but dream.......

No, but I can't see him playing on next year, although I wouldn't be surprised if he goes elsewhere as player coach (aka he'll get a runout if desperate).
  • Options
    He faded throughout the game and I don't think he can last 90, but happy to eat a few of my words if he plays like that first half for the rest of the season. I've seen rings run around him so many times in midfield over the last 3 years but this was a new lease of life. I'm not sure if it was the formation or the players around him but it worked today.
  • Options
    I think the time has come, we now should stick him up front. Sorry Novak but he does know where the goal is. And he can't be much slower than watt.
  • Options

I think the time has come, we now should stick him up front. Sorry Novak but he does know where the goal is. And he can't be much slower than watt.

Yeah I thought this too until they actually did it earlier this season and he basically didn't get within 5 metres of the ball at any stage
  • Options
    Leuth said:

He faded throughout the game and I don't think he can last 90, but happy to eat a few of my words if he plays like that first half for the rest of the season. I've seen rings run around him so many times in midfield over the last 3 years but this was a new lease of life. I'm not sure if it was the formation or the players around him but it worked today.

To be honest I thought he was pretty ineffective in the first half other than his (lovely) goal. Second half was clearly too much for him.
  • Options
    A few weeks ago with mid table obscurity looming and nothing to play for, I was hoping KR might give Jacko a run in the side. Mainly to give him an extended send off if he is to retire at the end of the season.

Instead we've slipped lower down and he's shown he still has value, through his leadership, experience and goal scoring ability.

Rather than play alongside Foley and Crofts in midfield, it suits him to play with the younger lads, who can do a lot of his running, while he can guide them through the game.

Going to be gutted when he retires.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great news.

Robinson confirms Jacko signing new deal for next season.

Best news all day!!
  • Options

Great news.

Best news all day!!
    Because it means this thread goes into its fourth season.
    Another year of talking about how his legs have gone:-)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Leading the team out against Swindon, RD & KM using him as shield against protests :-0
  • Options
    Great to know he will still be around next season regardless. He is Charlton's T E Lawrence in a period of such turmoil.
  • Options
    Only as a coach I would like to think
  • Options

Great news.

You sure this is confirmed like you believe Henry?

Is he confirmed as a player? Or is it confirmed he'll be here next year? I read this very differently, why is it important that Jacko leads out the team with Solly behind him if he's signing a new playing deal?

I believe it'll be as Player coach, he'll no longer be club captain next year and will get very few, if any minutes.
  • Options
    Yeah I took it to mean he'd be coach next year but not doing much if any playing.

It certainly seemed like Robbo wanted next week as a send off for him!
  • Options
    Hopefully as player/coach like Curbs and Gritt.