Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    Eye halve a spelling chequer
    It came with my pea sea
    It plainly marques four my revue
    Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
    And weight four it two say
    Weather eye am wrong oar write
    It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
    It nose bee fore two long
    And eye can put the error rite
    Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
    I am shore your pleased two no
    Its letter perfect awl the weigh
    My chequer tolled me sew.
  • Options
    Johnnie. I love you
  • Options
    Lol! I love it! Humble pie anyone...?
  • Options
    No humble pie here, he was shit on Saturday, fact.
    Fair play for bouncing back though.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

How many times has he been written off on here?

Pity Church can't learn from him............
  • Options
    Just the sort of player who has the experience and skill to take a chance like that. Captain fantastic!
  • Options

Jackson still has loads to offer this team. Anytime a thread like this comes up he seems to pop up with an important goal and prove everyone wrong.

In which case, let's have more 'Jacko is past it' threads and by Easter we will be in the Prem with Jacko top goalscorer!!!
    Bit crap isnt he our Captain... Dont know how he makes the line up... Worse than Simon Church

Is Jacko reading this...? - Good am off to put a £10 on him being the Championship top goal scorer now
  • Options
    You were saying?
  • Options
    Another classic on Twitter.

Norwich fans...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Colin!
  • Options
    Never doubted him, superb professional, epitomises everything I want in a Charlton captain.
  • Options
    Is Colin's evening ruined?
  • Options
    I didn't have an opinion here but was it a screamer, a bum in or a deflection ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I didn't have an opinion here but was it a screamer, a bum in or a deflection ?

Not a screamer.
  • Options
    Right stick that in your pipe & smoke it you fools. Get behind our captain, get behind the team. This could be the best season we've had in years!!
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Is Colin's evening ruined?

You betcha.
  • Options
    It was a poor daisy cutter shot and an even poorer attempt at goalkeeping by Ruddy. I don't slag JJ off but using that one effort as an argument against those that do is pretty weak. He was mostly anonymous as was Buyens.
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited September 2014
    DRAddick said:

He was mostly anonymous as was Buyens.

Apart from all the defending they had to do?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:

DRAddick said:

It was a poor daisy cutter shot and an even poorer attempt at goalkeeping by Ruddy. I don't slag JJ off but using that one effort as an argument against those that do is pretty weak. He was mostly anonymous as was Buyens.

Apart from all the defending they had to do?
    Maybe if them and others didn't keep giving the ball away so cheaply they wouldn't have had to do so much. Great result and effort against a much better team/squad than us. But it would be delusional to say we don't create much of the pressure on ourselves with poor play.
  • Options
    He scores big goals no taking that away from him. A deflected effort tonight, so maybe got a slice of luck he hasn't been getting but he bagged us the three points, no denying it.

What is at least up for debate though - would we have surrendered so much possession and been under such constant pressure with someone else in centre midfield? I wasn't at the game so I can't say, but his goal tonight does not shut all his critics up as very few people have ever had serious criticism for his ability to score goals, it's his ability to influence the entire 90 mins, as a quality modern centre midfielder should, that is up for question.

I'm delighted for him tonight though and he has put me in a cracking mood. So well done Johnnie, take it into Saturday and give a proper all action performance.
  • Options
    I love JJ and so does BBB.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So leave him alone.
  • Options
    When will you lot learn? When will any of you lot learn?? He always does it. He might have the odd bad game but he pops up when we need him
  • Options
    JJ is a smash and grab sort of player, a leader in adversity, a man you want when up against the wall. When expected to impose on a midfield, to dominate...less sure. Maybe he should start all the away games and rest the home ones ;)

Obviously, the sceptics will have to zip it for a while, though!
  • Options

He scores big goals no taking that away from him. A deflected effort tonight, so maybe got a slice of luck he hasn't been getting but he bagged us the three points, no denying it.

What is at least up for debate though - would we have surrendered so much possession and been under such constant pressure with someone else in centre midfield? I wasn't at the game so I can't say, but his goal tonight does not shut all his critics up as very few people have ever had serious criticism for his ability to score goals, it's his ability to influence the entire 90 mins, as a quality modern centre midfielder should, that is up for question.

I'm delighted for him tonight though and he has put me in a cracking mood. So well done Johnnie, take it into Saturday and give a proper all action performance.

I think the more pressing issue is finding someone who can hold onto the ball up front. Igor is a fantastic goal scorer and an incredibly strong force, not many defenders are outmuscling him but he doesn't have the knack of getting the ball with his back to goal and keeping holding out of it.

Get someone in who can do that job and Igor can continue on making the dangerous runs he's best at. That'll in return drag their defenders back and out of position giving players like Jacko more time and space in the middle of the pitch.