Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    Have a chat with Bob next time you see him in the Marriott
  • Options
    Buyens or Jackson should be the question
  • Options
    IMO and looking at some of the marks in the match thread people seem to be in agreement Jackson was better than Buyens today
  • Options
    buyens had more than a few dodgy moments today agreed, although improved towards the end of the game. Jacko on the other hand was just not involved.
    Jacko has been excellent in the past but players dont go on forever and CM is such a demanding position, requiring dynamism and speed of thought. I fear he can no longer offer this.
  • Options

IMO and looking at some of the marks in the match thread people seem to be in agreement Jackson was better than Buyens today

Still think Poyet wouldn't get in our team Paulie? We should be pulling out all the stops to get him back for a few months
  • Options
    The Jackson vs buyens who should start argument is a moot point. Unless we bring a starting forward or attacking midfielder on loan, we don't have the depth to leave one in the bench.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Simple answer Buyons

Colin, if you are going to have buyens as your new superhero, could you spell his name correctly.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Simple answer Buyons

Colin, if you are going to have buyens as your new superhero, could you spell his name correctly.
    If you are going to pull people up on their spelling, could you please give his name a capital letter.
  • Options
    Buyens had his worst game for us by a country mile yesterday, normally so reliable in his ditribution and control, he gave it away freely and in dangerous positions.

Not knocking him, everyone has a slip up and I really like him as a player.

JJ was taken off for tactical reasons in that we were putting more forward and he would have been more isolated in the middle. Bob knows his game isn't hurrying players and being in their face so switched it up as Buyens has the energy to do that as would Cousins.

Still captain fantastic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colin1961 said:

Simple answer Buyons

If you are going to pull people up on their spelling, could you please give his name a capital letter.
    no. i am with ee cummings
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Still think Poyet wouldn't get in our team Paulie? We should be pulling out all the stops to get him back for a few months
    Blimey!!! I agree
  • Options

mrbligh said:

Blimey!!! I agree
  • Options
    Poyet and Stevens, in his last few months at CAFC could tackle, one early sliding tackle by JJ then what happened ?

I am only talking the midfield players because Solly the CB's and wiggins have done some cracking tackles all season.

The coaches are picking up the way Buyens collects the ball deep and are pressing him quickly, which in recent matches the control and passing has deserted him.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So if number 4 comes in, does number 17 come with him? Both were total pants today. And regardless of who has been worse, at least one of them seems to have a stinker every week of late.

What I will say is this. After he scuffed one in from 30 yards v Norwich (for a MASSIVE contribution it must be said) his fans jumped straight on it and said that was justification for playing him.

So if one moment made him a hero, does a bad game bring this debate back?

I can't see this going away any time soon as aside from the player himself, I fear that the players around him highlight Jacko's shortfalls as a player.

Is Buyens the one to go? Does Cousins play a more prominent central role? Or is this the best we have?
  • Options
    He was shit today, you don't deserve a flag for pointing that out.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Don't worry about it, mate!!
  • Options

Really tempted to flag this and give you a hat rick. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, it's a bit hard to see what's happened as both of Damo's posts have been edited. But as they stand I struggle to see why they should have been flagged. I don't necessarily agree with them, but it's a forum and if there were no differences of opinion it would be incredibly boring. It seems to me that if people use flags for just disagreeing with others, it detracts from the gravity that the flags ought to have.
  • Options
    I just found this, it's from Lookout's original explanations when flags were introduced: "members will be able to "Flag" unacceptable behaviour for the attention of moderators (Important Note: this is not to be used for content you simply don't like or agree with, but is reserved for content that violates the terms of service e.g. abusive behaviour)". It might be worth bearing in mind.

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/58155/new-feature-reactions/p1
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And before anyone asks. Here are the terms of service:

http://www.charltonlife.com/home/termsofservice
  • Options
    You can't flag a moderator's post
  • Options
    The firsts post I change the word 'turd' to 'pants' so I doubt that did it.

Second post wasn't abusive, it was me saying I was a bit upset by it because it was my mums birthday who died 2 years ago. Nothing abusive but a bit pointless and nothing to do with the conversation. Was wallowing in my own misery and a bit pointless.

But doesn't change the overall issue of flagging a post you don't agree with. Happens more and more on here.
  • Options
    I also think it might be worth maybe starting a game without JJ. Let's maybe see what happens when say cousins and Buyens start in the middle together. You may argue Buyens could also be dropped, but I just think that give Buyens a partner like cousins in the centre, and we might start to see a bit more of the early season form we had from him. We all seem to agree it has become a bit stale in the last few games, we should be trying to mix it up. I think this would be a good place to start
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I also think it might be worth maybe starting a game without JJ. Let's maybe see what happens when say cousins and Buyens start in the middle together. You may argue Buyens could also be dropped, but I just think that give Buyens a partner like cousins in the centre, and we might start to see a bit more of the early season form we had from him. We all seem to agree it has become a bit stale in the last few games, we should be trying to mix it up. I think this would be a good place to start

Agree! We only saw the best of Stephens once cousins was played alongside him. It game him the freedom to play his own game and impose himself and allow cousins to do the hard yards.. think the same might happen with Buyens!
  • Options
    I see JJ at London Bridge station in the mornings some weekdays around about 8 50 am . He is usually getting a train from Platform 4 ( coincidentally)probably to the training ground .He missed the last train because he was a bit slow getting there ( also coincidentally) .Doesn' t look to me if he is ready for his Senior Citizen's discount pass just yet but it is of note that he has been travelling on the second class carriages out of London Bridge ( the final coincidence) .