Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Shaun Wright-Phillips set for Charlton"

I wouldn't complain! what are your thoughts? Last transfer related discussion I posted was when Stewart to Leeds
which actually went through, hopefully this will too!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/460523/QPR-s-Shaun-Wright-Phillips-set-for-Charlton-switch

btw, if there is another thread I didnt see sorry and feel free to take down.

Comments

• Options
    He's better than Brad, he's better than Brad. ....
  • Options
    How tall is he?
  • Options
    Beware Citeh rejects

• Options
    Haha having weaver between the sticks seems like a lifetime ago.

And re: SWP ive always said what an excellent little player he is and any insinuation that he's a poor man's harriot with no bottle would be ridiculous.

He's better than brad he's better than braaaaad
  • Options
    Thought that story was well out of date and he turned us down? Unless I am mistaken and happy to be corrected. Anyone who thinks Wilson at RB with him at RW is not an upgrade would need a sanity check.
  • Options
    Think he's turned us down. Obviously happy to sit on his arse picking up his pay packet.
  • Options
    With us playing Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday for more or less the rest of campaign. Having extra bodies can only help our cause.
  • Options
    It is essential - has he declined - I thought it was reported the possibility was back on.
  • Options
    No to SWP, player on the down path and to light weight to survive in this league. He will not get the protection from the refers in this division he got in the Premiership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why have these stories resurfaced? Is it because ravel arrived and he now realizes he won't even warm the bench?
  • Options
    Let's hope that Roland gives us some encouraging news today.
  • Options
    I think it was off but then appears to be reignited
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I think it was off but then appears to be reignited

My take on it was the express have just regurgitated the same story without looking that he had already turned us down?
  • Options
    I thought the article said it was thought to be off but is now back on.
  • Options

No, it's almost a word for word reprint of the original (possibly debunked) rumour. Which is not to say it might not be back on after all...
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

No, it's almost a word for word reprint of the original (possibly debunked) rumour. Which is not to say it might not be back on after all...
    I did not read the linked article but was there not one yesterday on the other SWP thread that states it was back on?
  • Options
    Are we there yet, or just going round in ever decreasing circles ?
  • Options
    Just old news recirculating me thinks!!
    He don't want who come to us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The bottom line for me is that if someone doesn't want to play for us then I don't want them here. I couldn't care less how good they are or used to be. I'd rather have someone with less ability who's willing to fight.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    would be a great signing for us .. with 2 provisos .. 1) He comes here motivated and ready to rumble .. 2) The crowd is not on his back if he fails to dribble past 8 defenders and smash home an unstoppable rocket-shot within the first 5 minutes of his debut
  • Options

thenewbie said:

I did not read the linked article but was there not one yesterday on the other SWP thread that states it was back on?
    I think FF may be right actually, round and round we go, no-one knows... bet he signs. And is shit. Or injured. Or is shit, then injured.
  • Options
    its interesting that we are linked with someone of undoubted quality who we would never have dreamt of getting under the previous regime, signalled by the fact we only spent money on Lawrie Wilson over the last few years and got Rob hulses on loan, yet we are still picky when it comes to getting in a player with a bit of quality - shows how peoples mindset changes so quickly, we should technically count ourselves lucky we are in a position to at least consider them now and the fact were looking at them shows intent, i don't think its time for us to start disregarding players who have previously been well out of our league

On the other hand i agree that if he doesn't want to play for us then it is a negative factor, but firstly, that comment is only a rumour that hasn't been confirmed, second if it was turned down we do not know the details of why it was turned down - anything could be a factor, and third we should just wait and see before passing judgement - if he does come then evidently he would have chosen to come to us, because he can't come without agreeing to it and therefore it would be ridiculous to suggest that he wouldn't be bothered or put in the effort, because I'm sure while he was here he definitely wouldn't be coming to not put in the effort and sit on our plastic bench when he could be warming the cushioned seats at loftus road.

Finally many suggesting that they'd rather have someone with lesser ability who's willing to fight than have a better player who might be good but wont necessarily offer the fight we need. Though agreed quality alone can't keep you up, it is still true that you need a balance of fight/effort players and quality. Quality can change a game in an instance, whilst the effort would help win back possession and grind out results for the odd player to create moments of quality. Determination and effort alone is not everything. You only have to look at how much criticism pritchard has had, he was undoubtedly the hardest worker and willing to fight for the shirt but people constantly say his end product hasn't been good enough, so I'm sorry but I'm sure i speak for many when i say i would not rather someone with less ability who is willing to fight, when we already have some of them in our team, and were crying out for a bit of quality.

This is all IMO
  • Options
    If he doesn't want to come here, he won't.

He's not to earn any more money than at QPR, no-one is going to make him leave so we can forget about this issue about him coming in for an easy ride etc. He's on the easiest ride going at the moment.

If he joins us it will be because he wants to be here.
  • Options
    Would I like SWP to sign for us?

Yes

Do I think he'll sign for us?

Highly unlikely
  • Options
    I'm interested in a 14 bed house in maida vale.
  • Options
    I'd be happy with that even if it turns out to be a scouting mission for standard