Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Shaun Wright-Phillips set for Charlton"

Comments

• Options
    Can he refuse to go on loan? If qpr pay him 40 grand a week for sitting on his arse and could recoup say 10k of that sum, then surely they would give him no choice.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Can he refuse to go on loan? If qpr pay him 40 grand a week for sitting on his arse and could recoup say 10k of that sum, then surely they would give him no choice.

But do we want to pay, say, £10k per week for a player that doesn't want to be here? We're in a relegation fight - we need people committed to the cause.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

They could only enforce a move if it was stipulated in his contract that they had the final say on where he plays and for who but what player would have that written into their contract?

A new manager (that you have previous with) could come in 2 days after you signed a 5 year deal and send you out on loan to some wanky team in some shithole city (SWFC????)
  • Options
    Of course we'd take him!! All this speculation about not wanting to be here. Has anyone actually seen him say that!? Where's the video evidence? Just guess work in the papers - like so much of what they print! As Mr Irving says "wait until its on the OS" - then we get behind him and the team.
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

Jayajosh said:

But do we want to pay, say, £10k per week for a player that doesn't want to be here? We're in a relegation fight - we need people committed to the cause.
    We can't get 11 new players in for gods sake!
  • Options
    Wouldn't read into the whole "he doesn't want to be here" nonsense. Players like Carlos Tevez say this ALL the time, but are as committed as they come once they get onto the pitch.

Plus we don't know that he has even said that, or if we are even in for him at all.
  • Options
    If he really doesn't/didn't want to be here, surely he'd play a blinder every week to impress people to come in and rescue him? ;)
  • Options
    I do find it amusing that so many posts are assuming that he doesn't really want to come. It's true no doubt that he might prefer to be loaned to a top six club but evidently that's not on the table. If he does come to Charlton then it's because he wants to play football and be a regular starter. He can't guarantee that at QPR but he pretty much can at Charlton if he remotely engages. If a spell as a regular starter gets him a move to something better then that will be his motivation. If he comes I seriously doubt he will be coming for an easy ride.
  • Options
    I find it amazing that so many people don't want him as he "won't be committed" - cos you know that don't you!?!?

the negativity is astounding.

serious question for all the negative crew..... if i were to give you a fiver, would you be dissapointed that it wasn't a tenner?
  • Options
    Just saw him getting off the bus in Charlton Village with a pen in his hand and a football kit on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

Just saw him getting off the bus in Charlton Village with a pen in his hand and a football kit on.

Probably just wants Powell's autograph ahead of the press conference.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Forgot his shin pads though...
  • Options
    So funny some of the comments on this site. I personally think it would be a great signing, local lad and will want to do well for his bro's old club.
  • Options

Macronate said:

Forgot his shin pads though...
    just proves his bad attitude
  • Options
    So we're not getting Shaun?
  • Options
    If he comes then it'll improve our squad. What we have for width at the moment leaves a lot to be desired and he'd be straight in my 11.

Whatever happens we need at least 2 in as soon as possible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    By saying you don't want SWP you are basically saying you're fine with Danny Green being one of our best options at right midfield. That is insane. They will send people for you.
  • Options

By saying you don't want SWP you are basically saying you're fine with Danny Green being one of our best options at right midfield. That is insane. They will send people for you.

Yeah, because SWP and Danny Green are the only right midfielders in England.

• Options
    mrbligh said:

I find it amazing that so many people don't want him as he "won't be committed" - cos you know that don't you!?!?

the negativity is astounding.

serious question for all the negative crew..... if i were to give you a fiver, would you be dissapointed that it wasn't a tenner?

It's not negativity.

The question which was asked was 'Can he refuse to go on loan?' That would imply he didn't want to come. I would say the same about any player - regardless of whether or not they *can* refuse, the fact that they want to would mean I wouldn't want them.

If, on the other hand, he would be delighted with a loan move to the Valley, then I for one would be more than delighted to welcome him.
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

Well we don't have Adam Johnson, Aaron Lennon and Jesus Navas lining up to join us on loan either.
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

You're right. You get on the blower to Willian and I'll see if I can get Graham Stuart out of retirement. Meet you back here in an hour
  • Options
    Powell said: “I wouldn’t say he’s turned down a move. We have enquired about a number of players.

“He’s a player we have possibly looked at. Whether something will happen there, I’m sure I’ll speak to Harry Redknapp on Saturday.

“He was a player we possibly looked at, and I’m sure our fans would want to sing a song.

“Shaun hasn’t played much football this season, he’s a good player and of course when you bring players like that to the club, you want them to show everyone that they’re still hungry and still want it.

“I’m sure he would do that, I know him as a character, but it’s not something that is imminent.”
  • Options
    Maybe not imminent because he can't play v QPR or on Monday (as he wouldn't have been signed in time for the original date)? Sounds like it could still happen.
  • Options
    i reckon he'll be here for the Leicester game
  • Options

i reckon he'll be here for the Leicester game

I think you could be right