Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Shaun Wright-Phillips set for Charlton"

Comments

• Options
    I'd prefer him to be on the pitch wearing red and white rather than sat on CharltonLife.
  • Options
    if he does sign and if we get through in the cup will he be cuptied or will he be able to play??
  • Options

SWP = total waste of money no end product he's barely any better than Danny Green these days we'd be lucky to get a performance out of him even if we got a MLS agent/scout to come along to a game and tell shaun he can go play with his brother across the pond
    All a bit academic cos RD has stated pretty clearly he ain't gonna be splashing his cash and throwing away more money on pony has-beens would be weird even for our belgian waffler

• Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options

if he does sign and if we get through in the cup will he be cuptied or will he be able to play??

I wondered that too, Tomtom.

• Options
    Not cup-tied.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Players have to be eligible for the original game to play in that round of the cup. So, as SWP was not available for the postponed game, he can't play on Monday or in the replay (if required) even if he signed this minute.
  • Options
    Would be available for a potential QF though.
  • Options
    Cawley posted this on Twitter.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP · 3h
    @OwenG1 I'm pretty confident he'll sign. I don't think terms will be a stumbling block.

• Options
    Correct.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

@OwenG1 I'm pretty confident he'll sign. I don't think terms will be a stumbling block.

I think this comment was in reference to Powell's contract - not SWP
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Richard J said:

Just looked at it again and you are probably right.

• Options
    Bubble said:

Richard J said:

Flippin' hope so !

• Options
    SWP would be welcome as it addresses one area of weakness in the team, a lack of a decent right wing. Decent service is needed for the strikers. It would also give a sign that Roland is showing some desire for Charlton to stay up.

All that being said, I ain't holding out too many hopes, surely it would have happened already ?
  • Options
    No rush this week he wouldn't be able to play against QPR or in the cup so save a weeks wages
  • Options
    I stopped reading after you pathetic comment that his barely any better than Danny green, have you watched Danny green? When was the last time you watched swp play? Absolute joke anyone can make a comment like that

When was the last time anyone saw SWP play???? Downhill Trajectory.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Odds on SWP making squad for Brazil?
  • Options

2000000/1
  • Options
    Not sure what you guys want. I think you are being quite disrespectful to an ex England international. We now have more than enough kids on our books and what we need now is a bit of experience, a bit of class.
    Signing SWP would be a statement of intent from our new owner and give everyone a lift.
  • Options
    You have to be a bit better than just about better than Danny Green even to get into England nowadays!
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

2000000/1
    I'll have £1 on that.
  • Options
    Don't torture yourselves people, it's not going to happen!

( Edit, really pleased today, quality signing, just what we need, COYR! ).
  • Options
    he's better than green, he's better than greeeeeeeen , Shaun Wright Phillips is better than green

this however is based on where and who you buy your green from, and how serious you are about your green
  • Options
    So only we three can make the finest Green at will!
  • Options
    Reported on another forum as pretty much a done deal and he'll be with us on Monday.